Jesse Jackson Jr. used campaign funds for home decorating

Well, this is one unique blame game...I'm bipolar! Time for him to go whatever the reason. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder.

Well, this is one unique blame game...I'm bipolar!

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything where anyone attributed the allegations to Jackson's illness. Though it's very possible that his illness did contribute to his actions, if the allegations are shown to be true.

"Fella" skitterin' around so's nobody can find him...
:eusa_shifty:
Where is Jesse Jackson Jr.? Political candidate is subject of many unanswered questions
October 15,`12 — He never outgrew the diminutives.
As a little boy with an iconic father, he answered to “fella” as he skittered at the feet of civil rights leaders and celebrities. He’s just “Junior” now, even in his mid-40s, a coil of ambition and inscrutability who aspired to be a big thing in politics. Serving in Congress wasn’t that big thing for Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from Illinois and son of the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Being one of 435 didn’t equate to greatness in the son’s mind. Not back home in Chicago, a place with its own sense of hierarchies, a place where he wanted so desperately to impress. “Junior is a very insecure person. When you’re in Chicago and you come in and say you’re in Congress . . . Congress is nuthin’. But the mayor of Chicago? He is a boss,” says Frank Coconate, a political operative who helped Jackson test the possibility of a mayoral run several years ago before they had a falling out.

No one talks about Jackson occupying the mayor’s office anymore, and the predictions that he might someday run for president — forecasts that accompanied his arrival in Congress 16 years ago — are long forgotten. Instead, Jackson’s promising career has devolved into a blur of self-destruction, mystery and tabloid drama. He’s been caught in an extramarital affair and been pulled into the pay-for-play scandal that toppled Rod Blagojevich as Illinois governor and prompted a House ethics investigation. He’s disappeared without explanation from Congress, only to surface while receiving treatment for depression and, as first reported by the Chicago Sun-Times and confirmed with law enforcement sources Monday, he is under federal criminal investigation for allegedly misusing campaign funds to decorate his Washington home.

Jackson’s family did not respond to repeated requests for comment, and numerous Jackson allies also declined to be interviewed. Jackson hasn’t appeared in public since June 8, even though he’s up for reelection next month. On that day, the congressman — who had served as national co-chairman for Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign — announced a plan to increase the minimum wage and accused the president of failing to live up to a campaign promise to lift the wage. It was classic Jesse Jr. — sharp, articulate and utterly quixotic. Few gave him a chance of passing the bill that he announced with Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) and liberal crusader Ralph Nader by his side. Then Junior was gone.

Shifting stories

Last edited:
He has been working on his defense for a few months. I think he and his lawyers may see an indictment in his future.

Is it the same home that was featured a couple of years ago on HGTV's renovation show, Hidden Potential??

He learned from his daddy who takes cash from poor blacks and lives in luxury....with the pretense of helping race relations......the whole family is a fraud

He has been working on his defense for a few months. I think he and his lawyers may see an indictment in his future.

Indeed. Saw this a day or so ago:

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is Hanging Out at Bars While Under 'Doctor's Care'

Links at site:

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is Hanging Out at Bars While Under ‘Doctor’s Care’
John Cook

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is Hanging Out at Bars While Under 'Doctor's Care'When Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. emerged from last summer's disappearance—he had, his family said, been seeking treatment for bipolar disorder at the Mayo Clinic—his chief of staff told reporters that he was "convalescing with his wife and children at home in Washington." But last week, he was seen convalescing in a D.C. bar with two different women on two consecutive nights.

According to two independent sources, Jackson was spotted drinking at Bier Baron Tavern, a craft beer bar not far from Dupont Circle, on Tuesday and Wednesday nights last week. Each night, he was accompanied by a different woman. According to both sources, Jackson was drinking. "They were laughing and very focused on each other," one source said of Jackson's demeanor on Wednesday night. "Not sure when they left but I saw them there around 10:30 p.m. They didn't appear intoxicated or loud, but were definitely enjoying themselves."

The Wall Street Journal reported today that federal prosecutors are "in the final stages of a criminal probe" into claims that Jackson illegally used campaign funds to redecorate his $1.3 million home in Washington. That's on top of a separate federal inquiry into Jackson's role in former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's attempt to sell Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat. So the guy probably needed a drink last week. (And it wouldn't, according to Chicago Magazine, be even remotely the first time he spent quality time with a woman other than his wife, Chicago alderman Sandi Jackson.)

When Jackson first disappeared last summer, many political observers in Chicago speculated that he was being treated for a substance abuse problem of some sort. But his family has insisted that his treatment was limited to a bipolar disease.

According to his spokesman Frank Watkins, Jackson is still "under a doctor's care for bipolar disorder" and hasn't returned to work yet. Asked why Jackson was well enough to go out drinking two nights in a row but not to return to his work in the House of Representatives, Watkins said, "You're asking me to comment on something I don't have any information about."

Update: This post originally stated that the House was in session last week. Although the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform did hold a hearing last Wednesday, the full House was not in session.

Yeah, I think this entire "mental illness" thing is a scam to try and use it as a defense.

Ahhh. Chicagostyle politics. Which reminds me.

Somebody had better count the silverware at the WH when the Obama's are tossed.

Jackson Jr. Allegedly Misused Campaign Funds For Home Decor: Report

There's already a lot of talk about what the Obamas will steal from the White House ... basically whatever the Clintons didn't steal. :mad:

There's already a lot of talk about what the Obamas will steal from the White House ... basically whatever the Clintons didn't steal. :mad:

That's racist.....the first black president and the other first black president......you are accusing of stealing..... ;)

That's racist.....the first black president and the other first black president......you are accusing of stealing..... ;)

:lol:

2ndAmend wrote: There's already a lot of talk about what the Obamas will steal from the White House ... basically whatever the Clintons didn't steal.

You sayin' dem backwoods Arkansas hillbillies is dishonest?
:eusa_eh:

2ndAmend wrote: There's already a lot of talk about what the Obamas will steal from the White House ... basically whatever the Clintons didn't steal.

You sayin' dem backwoods Arkansas hillbillies is dishonest?
:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Let me shake my finger in your face and say .... "I never had sex with that woman .... " :lol:

Forum List

Back