Jerry Falwell just died

• Banned
whos wishing anything on him , he will get what he deserves.

He has hurt many people in the name of Jesus.

whos wishing anything on him , he will get what he deserves.

He has hurt many people in the name of Jesus.

You are certainly one to talk Mr. we-should-consider-the-feelings-of-others-in our-actions.

Yet another lib hypocrit

Wish someone to go to hell is not evil? Sorry MM, there's no spinning this one.

Is that what God would want you to pray for I wonder?

do you think if I said that I wished Hitler, or OBL, for example, would go to hell, that would be an "evil" sentiment?

I hope his trip to Hell is a short one and his stay there a long one.

Oh. I’m disappointed in you. I would have expected such a crass, cruel, and petty comment from the likes of the “God Hates Fags” ilk. I thought that you were above that. Please show some class. He was a popular preacher and commentator. He was not the devil. I probably strongly disagreed with Falwell on nearly every contentious socio-political issue. I remember when he tried to weasel out of paying up after losing a bet to Jerry Sloan. I remember his cruel and controversial comments. At the same time, death being the great equalizer, I can wish his family well at this time of loss.

Oh. I’m disappointed in you. I would have expected such a crass, cruel, and petty comment from the likes of the “God Hates Fags” ilk. I thought that you were above that. Please show some class. He was a popular preacher and commentator. He was not the devil. I probably strongly disagreed with Falwell on nearly every contentious socio-political issue. I remember when he tried to weasel out of paying up after losing a bet to Jerry Sloan. I remember his cruel and controversial comments. At the same time, death being the great equalizer, I can wish his family well at this time of loss.

I certainly wish his family well and hope that they are comforted in their grief. that does not mean that I believe his hatred and intolerance have earned him a place in Heaven.

You are certainly one to talk Mr. we-should-consider-the-feelings-of-others-in our-actions.

Yet another lib hypocrit

How so ,he didnt consider the feelings of others and he will get what he deserves.

I personally dont believe in heaven or hell.

I believe his legacy will speak for its self.

He is already removed from pain and I do feel for his family.

He had a very happy life and did it on the misery of others.

I will truely not be able to feel much sorrow for him.

Its just the truth.

It wouldnt do him any good anyway.

Yes. Whether taht would actually be what their final jusdgement is, is different.

So you are suggesting that my wanting to see Osama bin Laden burn in Hell makes me EVIL? I would suggest that is a bit harsh.

How so ,he didnt consider the feelings of others and he will get what he deserves.

I personally dont believe in heaven or hell.

I believe his legacy will speak for its self.

He is already removed from pain and I do feel for his family.

He had a very happy life and did it on the misery of others.

I will truely not be able to feel much sorrow for him.

Its just the truth.

It wouldnt do him any good anyway.

Because as you said we should consider the feelings of others which would include his family. While you wish them condolencses, a wish for some sort of punishment in the afterlife probably isn't that consoling.

So you are suggesting that my wanting to see Osama bin Laden burn in Hell makes me EVIL? I would suggest that is a bit harsh.

Yes I do. Wanting someone to burn in hell is not wanting justice, that's wanting vengeance.

Its not a wish ,its a realisation of where he would go if they exsisted.

He lived very well by taking peoples money and supporting with that money things that hurt those very people.

I dont consider that admirable.

I certainly wish his family well and hope that they are comforted in their grief. that does not mean that I believe his hatred and intolerance have earned him a place in Heaven.

You said
mainman said:
I hope his trip to Hell is a short one and his stay there a long one.
I'm sorry but that just "rubs me the wrong way". At most, you could have simply said that you do not believe that he will go to heaven and leave it at that.

I am not one to judge. If God exists, will he sentence Falwell to heaven, purgatory, or hell? What is required of one in order to have a place in heaven? I'll leave it up to god to judge.

Forum List

Back