~Jello Poke cake~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Very easy and great for summer time!
Bake a yellow cake mix as you normally do (according to box directions) in a 13x9 inch pan.

While that's baking, take one box of Jello, preferably a red Jello- cherry or strawberry- and mix the one box of Jello in a small bowl with 3/4 cup HOT water. Stir until Jello is dissolved.

When cake is done, let cool just ever so slightly, then take a fork and poke holes all over the top of the cake. Poke all the way to the bottom of the pan, just poke, poke, poke!

Then pour the Jello mixture all over the top of the cake, letting the Jello sink into the holes.

Then place in fridge, letting it cool completely. Then take one tub of Cool Whip, use as frosting across the entire cake, and keep in fridge till ready to serve!
Very cool dessert treat :)

You may use other Jello flavors such as grape or orange, it's all good, and the different colors are a cool treat :tongue:

cherry or strawberry...that would be red jello....right?

i always make a dump cake...yellow cake mix with mandran oranges....then frost with a pudding mix mixed with cool whip and pineapple bits.....

cherry or strawberry...that would be red jello....right?

i always make a dump cake...yellow cake mix with mandran oranges....then frost with a pudding mix mixed with cool whip and pineapple bits.....

Oh yeah strolling, I believe I have had that before, and it's delicious too!!

I love jello cakes...i don't poke all the way down, just 1/2 way.

You can frost with cool whip or you can use a little reserved prepared jello and make a regular icing with powdered sugar.

Forum List

Back