Jeff Flake, A Republican , Calls Out the Orange Ogre as a Danger to Democracy

Flake's 20 most damning lines about Trump and the press - CNNPolitics

Senator Flake held nothing back in calling out Trump on his dangerous assault on democracy, his lies, and his short cummings as a leader. And he is not done. He will be a thorn in the side of delusional Don all year until he retires

The speech, which Flake had previewed over the weekend, was the first of what the Arizona Republican has promised will be a series of addresses over 2018 aimed at noting the abnormalities of the Trump presidency.

Here are some highlights:

1. "For without truth, and a principled fidelity to truth and to shared facts, Mr. President, our democracy will not last."
Flake, right from the start of the speech, is talking about BIG stuff -- like the future of democracy. And, he's right: Without an agreed-upon set of truths -- and a group of people trusted to fairly judge whether people adhere to those truths or not -- democracy starts to fall apart.

2. "2017 was a year which saw the truth -- objective, empirical, evidence-based truth -- more battered and abused than any other in the history of our country, at the hands of the most powerful figure in our government."
As of last week, President Trump had said more than 2,000 things that were either totally false or misleading, according to a count kept by the Washington Post. That's more than 5.5 factually inaccurate or incorrect statements a day. Every day.

5. "The president has it precisely backward -- despotism is the enemy of the people. The free press is the despot's enemy, which makes the free press the guardian of democracy."
This is a Republican senator -- albeit one who is retiring -- basically calling the Republican President of the United States a "despot." Stunning. Even in an age in which that word has lost almost all meaning.

12. "An American president who cannot take criticism -- who must constantly deflect and distort and distract -- who must find someone else to blame -- is charting a very dangerous path."
Trump's thin-skinnedness is somewhat remarkable given that he has spent almost his entire adult life in the public eye.

19. "In our own country, from the trivial to the truly dangerous, it is the range and regularity of the untruths we see that should be cause for profound alarm, and spur to action."
This is spot-on. What has amazed me in the first year of Trump's presidency is not his willingness to fib about big things but the little white lies he tells about stuff that's laughably easy to check -- and in so doing prove him wrong.

What has he said that you can refute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flake's opinion is just that.....an opinion. I base mine on results and as jaded as I am about this corporate political system? President Trump has delivered and the political establishment types that are owned by shadow government are pitching a hissy-fit and the liberal lamestream/deep state media are fit to be tied. I judge a man by his enemies and his enemies are the same as mine.

Flake's 20 most damning lines about Trump and the press - CNNPolitics

Senator Flake held nothing back in calling out Trump on his dangerous assault on democracy, his lies, and his short cummings as a leader. And he is not done. He will be a thorn in the side of delusional Don all year until he retires

The speech, which Flake had previewed over the weekend, was the first of what the Arizona Republican has promised will be a series of addresses over 2018 aimed at noting the abnormalities of the Trump presidency.

Here are some highlights:

1. "For without truth, and a principled fidelity to truth and to shared facts, Mr. President, our democracy will not last."
Flake, right from the start of the speech, is talking about BIG stuff -- like the future of democracy. And, he's right: Without an agreed-upon set of truths -- and a group of people trusted to fairly judge whether people adhere to those truths or not -- democracy starts to fall apart.

2. "2017 was a year which saw the truth -- objective, empirical, evidence-based truth -- more battered and abused than any other in the history of our country, at the hands of the most powerful figure in our government."
As of last week, President Trump had said more than 2,000 things that were either totally false or misleading, according to a count kept by the Washington Post. That's more than 5.5 factually inaccurate or incorrect statements a day. Every day.

5. "The president has it precisely backward -- despotism is the enemy of the people. The free press is the despot's enemy, which makes the free press the guardian of democracy."
This is a Republican senator -- albeit one who is retiring -- basically calling the Republican President of the United States a "despot." Stunning. Even in an age in which that word has lost almost all meaning.

12. "An American president who cannot take criticism -- who must constantly deflect and distort and distract -- who must find someone else to blame -- is charting a very dangerous path."
Trump's thin-skinnedness is somewhat remarkable given that he has spent almost his entire adult life in the public eye.

19. "In our own country, from the trivial to the truly dangerous, it is the range and regularity of the untruths we see that should be cause for profound alarm, and spur to action."
This is spot-on. What has amazed me in the first year of Trump's presidency is not his willingness to fib about big things but the little white lies he tells about stuff that's laughably easy to check -- and in so doing prove him wrong.

I've often said you cannot have a democracy when your representatives are free to lie to you with impunity.

For example, say they promise health care that is cheaper and you won't loose your doctor or health plan and you vote for them, but they lie and don't deliver. Any other person in society that would lie about such things so important to your existence would be promptly thrown into jail.

Flake is a swamp creature. He needs to end up flopping on the pavement and gasping for breath with the rest of the swamp creatures.

Come on Donald. Drain that fucker. You can do it.

Flake's opinion is just that.....an opinion. I base mine on results and as jaded as I am about this corporate political system? President Trump has delivered and the political establishment types that are owned by shadow government are pitching a hissy-fit and the liberal lamestream/deep state media are fit to be tied. I judge a man by his enemies and his enemies are the same as mine.
WHAT can you refute. Flake stated observable, verifiable FACTS. YOU are the opinionated one.

I predict Jeff Frosty Flakes will be Romneyed by Donald Trump. He will be invited to dinner at Mar-a-Lago and made to eat frog legs and like it.

Romney.jpg

Jeff Flake is wondering right now why no one is talking about his speech today....or was it yesterday? Have any of you ever met a dumb unintelligent ball player? Their clothes say they are smart...their wealth says they are accomplished but when they open their mouth and speak you wonder where they went to school or if they ever did?

That's Jeff Flake!

Jeff Flake is wondering right now why no one is talking about his speech today....or was it yesterday? Have any of you ever met a dumb unintelligent ball player? Their clothes say they are smart...their wealth says they are accomplished but when they open their mouth and speak you wonder where they went to school or if they ever did?

That's Jeff Flake!
You're talking about it. Aren't you?

WHAT can you refute. Flake stated observable, verifiable FACTS. YOU are the opinionated one.

Flake is a Morman, and a high degree freemason that believes in the globalist new world order. His observations don't mean shit to me.........none, nada, zero, zilch.

Now, allow me preface my comment with this....I have nothing at all against you. I think you are a "stand-up" guy. You know just like I do that 9/11 was the biggest false flag of all time and you have had my back on certain threads where it has been discussed. Hell, I love and respect ya just for that alone......but I think you are 100 percent wrong about President Trump. I have an eagle eye on the man. When and if I ever come to the conclusion that he is part of the globalist plot? I will be shouting it from the highest roof-tops I can find.....thus far? He has exceeded my expectations and the deep state operatives that are minions of the shadow government are attacking him with all that they have. If this is simply an act? It warrants an Academy Award. If I am wrong? I will admit it........I admitted I was wrong about the Bush crime family that I defended in the past.......still can't take enough showers to wash the stench of that off of me.

Forum List

Back