Jeb Bush thinks texas might go blue in 2016

It sort of makes sense, until you see that a Bush said it. Texas will be red for a long time to come.

He's not just any Bush. Of all the Republicans, he's the one I'd worry about most. The rest just don't seem to have it, especially if it's Hillary they're going to be running against.

In 2016 the republican candidate will beat Obama (who will be running for a third term), but the democrats will steal the election.

Jeb Bush would place his reliance on a blue Texas in hispanic illegal immigration and voter fraud. If he had his way, republicans would out bid democrats for the hispanic vote. Jeb Bush would promise citizenship for all of mexico if he thought it would get him a vote.

Jeb wasn't the first to make the point. Those who can read the writing on the wall do see Texas becoming a battleground state. I think 2016 is too soon, but he's trying to tell his party that they better start moderating their views or they will become irrelevent.

The Libertarians make principled stands too.

Since I'm not a Republican anymore (and won't join a party ever again) I really don't care. I truly don't have a dog in this fight. But I would like to be able to view Repiublican candidates as viable options again. I'd sure like to have that choice.

2016? Not likely.

2020? Far more possible, as long as Hispanics are still voting hugely for dems.

George P. Bush is Jeb's son. He's hispanic. Running for a state position this year.

Random fact?

Or are you suggesting that George/Jeb might run in 2020?

Just putting it out there. Not stating anything.

I think realistically he'd be more in line for 2024 or 2028. Needs to gain some experience at the game.

Arizona and Texas will not go blue but will move to Battleground State status. I doubt if Texas would turn by 2016, but 2020 is possible. Booming growth in the Hispanic population and people migrating from blue states will shift the balance

George P. Bush is Jeb's son. He's hispanic. Running for a state position this year.

Random fact?

I think realistically he'd be more in line for 2024 or 2028. Needs to gain some experience at the game.

I've heard a lot of republicans discount Jeb, suggesting he'd never get the nomination. However I could see Jeb running, and I could see him winning too.

Random fact?

I've heard a lot of republicans discount Jeb, suggesting he'd never get the nomination. However I could see Jeb running, and I could see him winning too.

Never underestimate how many people want Bush.

Plus I was referring to GP needing experience. Jeb has a pretty solid record.

Last edited:

Never underestimate how many people want Bush.

Plus I was referring to GP needing experience. Jeb has a pretty solid record.

I agree. While there is a precent of Americans who feel anyone with the name Bush is tainted, I think a majority would remeber the strength of the man who led us through 9/11, and discount the rest.

As to GB, *shrug* America does love their dynasties, Bush, Kennedy, I've even heard whispers of grooming Chelsey Clinton and McCains daughter for future elections.

Random fact?

His father always thought that Jeb would have made the better President, so do I

New Topics

Forum List

Back