Jeb Bush joins Rubio against Arizona bill

Jeb Bush Joins Rubio Against Arizona Bill - Daniel Foster - The Corner on National Review Online

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jeb Bush Joins Rubio Against Arizona Bill [Daniel Foster]

The former Florida governor, a proponent of comprehensive immigration reform, spoke out against the Arizona immigration bill:

"I think it creates unintended consequences," he said in a telephone interview with POLITICO Tuesday. "It's difficult for me to imagine how you're going to enforce this law. It places a significant burden on local law enforcement and you have civil liberties issues that are significant as well."

The measure, signed into law last Friday, would require police to check the immigration status of any individuals they reasonably suspect are illegal immigrants and arrest them if they can't prove legal status.

Bush said he understood the anger that prompted the bill, but that immigration should remain a federal issue.

"I don't think this is the proper approach," he said.

Arizona's new anti-illegal immigration law is sparking outrage across the country and now, San Francisco's city attorney is urging policymakers and businesses to take a stand against the controversial legislation and send the state a message.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera on Monday called for a sweeping boycott of the state of Arizona and Arizona-based businesses.

Herrera, himself the son an immigrant from Latin America, called the law "draconian" and released the following statement upon announcing the push for a boycott:

Mucho mas: SF Calls for Arizona Boycott | NBC Bay Area

Rush Limbaugh had a very novel idea regarding this since SF is a "Sanctuary city"?

"San Francisco says that they are going to boycott Arizona, and I'm sure the people of Arizona are happy as hell about that. In fact, if I were the people in Arizona, I'd capture the illegals and send them to San Francisco. Sanctuary city, hey, you know, like 'em so much, here. Glad to send 'em your way. And, by the way, you don't want to come here to see Arizona, fine and dandy with us."

LINK

I heartily agree. If they're so concerned? Why doesn't SF or any other Liberal self-professed "Santuary City"...just take them on. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Sure is....Which 'splains a lot.

There are, what, 347 "real" Republicans in America, I guess.
I hold anyone named "Bush" in deep suspicion and skepticism, as anyone with any sense would.

you saying the saints should cut him?

nfl_g_bush_195.jpg

Sure is....Which 'splains a lot.

There are, what, 347 "real" Republicans in America, I guess.
I hold anyone named "Bush" in deep suspicion and skepticism, as anyone with any sense would.

JEB is so wrong on this as was his brother when this subject heated up during the era of the 'Gang of 14'...

JEB is an idiot on this subject and is full of crap.

Last edited:
And they kick out more of their number every day

A fucking concept alien to your ass.

I fully understand the concept of a big tent

Too bad the concept is beyond the comprehension of rightwing conservatives

No RW...*YOU* miss the point entirely. Conservatives roundly REJECT those for the largesse of government control and enemies of true Liberty that you lib hacks have no real concept of.

*WE* take care of our own and houseclean. A practice alien unto you.

You should hire us for lessons. You take any rabble that remotely reflects anything you espouse without looking deeper...and keep those that get your Ideals into trouble. HUGE LINE..Divide here. But when were principles of the Human condition really of consequence to you?

In fact we encourage people to better themselves...while all you care of are numbers...no matter what.

Principles are better than how many stinky bodies you can fit into a tent. But then that's LOGIC...another concept foreign to you as well.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the Arizona bill, mostly because of the potential abuses that could arise from it. But what the heck does it matter what position Floridian politicians take on an Arizona law?

I'm not a big fan of the Arizona bill, mostly because of the potential abuses that could arise from it. But what the heck does it matter what position Floridian politicians take on an Arizona law?

This is fair...but you have to ASK what LAW isn't without potential abuses? I think they took a step in the correct direction since the FED failed to uphold existing LAW.

Now it's been bolstered by a State extremely affected BY the problem.

Forum List

Back