Jared Kushner and Kanye West

Tom Paine 1949

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2020
I usually avoid all gossip and even discussion of major party presidential personalities, but this is an election year, and one like few others in U.S. history. I came across this in The New Republic, not my favorite periodical, but it caught my eye because of its notable title. Worth a quick glance!

“If one could bracket out the immediately obvious evils of manipulating a man in a mental health crisis for maximum political gain, using Kanye to halfheartedly rig an election would be the perfect Kushner tasking. He has grand ideas about his abilities, as we’ve seen. But this is probably closest to his sweet spot: chumming with celebrities and concocting the stupidest scheme imaginable to keep his extended family’s grift going just a bit longer.

“And stupid it is. West clearly can’t file in enough states to be president: He can’t even muster the energy or the organization to appear as serious as joke presidential candidates ... His campaign reportedly missed Wisconsin’s deadline for signatures by 14 seconds and is now arguing that the 59 seconds after 5 p.m. do not, in fact, occur after 5 p.m....

“On the other hand, this is Jared Kushner we’re talking about, the heir to a vast fortune amassed by his father, Charles, who went to federal prison for trying and failing to blackmail his own family, utilizing a video of his brother-in-law in flagrante delicto with a prostitute that Kushner had provided—a crime that even Chris Christie, himself a corruption-filled New Jersey delicacy, called ‘one of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes’ he had ever prosecuted....

“Nevertheless, the Kushners and Trumps have won unlikely victories before in spite of their self-sabotaging greed and stupidity. ‘I have to say it would be perfectly dystopian if 2020 ended with Trump as president thanks to Kanye,’ my editor said to me as we discussed this topic. Of course it feels dystopian now; this time next year, though, it may feel like the inexorable march of history towards glorious Trumpism-Kushnerism.”

Jared Kushner, Deputy Assistant Ratfucker

I usually avoid all gossip and even discussion of major party presidential personalities, but this is an election year, and one like few others in U.S. history. I came across this in The New Republic, not my favorite periodical, but it caught my eye because of its notable title. Worth a quick glance!

“If one could bracket out the immediately obvious evils of manipulating a man in a mental health crisis for maximum political gain, using Kanye to halfheartedly rig an election would be the perfect Kushner tasking. He has grand ideas about his abilities, as we’ve seen. But this is probably closest to his sweet spot: chumming with celebrities and concocting the stupidest scheme imaginable to keep his extended family’s grift going just a bit longer.

“And stupid it is. West clearly can’t file in enough states to be president: He can’t even muster the energy or the organization to appear as serious as joke presidential candidates ... His campaign reportedly missed Wisconsin’s deadline for signatures by 14 seconds and is now arguing that the 59 seconds after 5 p.m. do not, in fact, occur after 5 p.m....

“On the other hand, this is Jared Kushner we’re talking about, the heir to a vast fortune amassed by his father, Charles, who went to federal prison for trying and failing to blackmail his own family, utilizing a video of his brother-in-law in flagrante delicto with a prostitute that Kushner had provided—a crime that even Chris Christie, himself a corruption-filled New Jersey delicacy, called ‘one of the most loathsome, disgusting crimes’ he had ever prosecuted....

“Nevertheless, the Kushners and Trumps have won unlikely victories before in spite of their self-sabotaging greed and stupidity. ‘I have to say it would be perfectly dystopian if 2020 ended with Trump as president thanks to Kanye,’ my editor said to me as we discussed this topic. Of course it feels dystopian now; this time next year, though, it may feel like the inexorable march of history towards glorious Trumpism-Kushnerism.”

Kanye is an American citizen with every right to run for office, to portray his campaign as an unlawful attempt at "rigging" is anti-American as well as racist and misogynist. A lot of libs hate Mr. West because he is married to a White Broad, he's a devout Christian and his father in law is a she-male.

I think Polishprince and everybody here knows very well that the so-called Kanye West campaign is a joke, absolutely “rigged” and manipulated by Republican forces that have zero respect or concern for this man suffering an emotional and mental health crisis.

The article’s slashing characterization of Jared Kushner as an utterly unprincipled “Deputy Assistant Ratfucker” ... is well earned. This article has nothing whatever to do with “denying” anybody their “rights,” nor is it “anti-American,” racist or misogynist.

If Kanye West gets on the ballot in your state and you think he has the personality and politics to make a good future president, by all means vote for him instead of ... Jared Kushner’s father-in-law!

I can't wait to vote for Kanye. He is obviously the best choice.

I think Polishprince and everybody here knows very well that the so-called Kanye West campaign is a joke, absolutely “rigged” and manipulated by Republican forces that have zero respect or concern for this man suffering an emotional and mental health crisis.

The article’s slashing characterization of Jared Kushner as an utterly unprincipled “Deputy Assistant Ratfucker” ... is well earned. This article has nothing whatever to do with “denying” anybody their “rights,” nor is it “anti-American,” racist or misogynist.

If Kanye West gets on the ballot in your state and you think he has the personality and politics to make a good future president, by all means vote for him instead of ... Jared Kushner’s father-in-law!

Mr. Kushner's body of work as his President's Senior Advisor speaks for itself. His treaty between the UAE and the children of Israel is Nobel Prize worthy. He isn't a political operative

“And stupid it is. West clearly can’t file in enough states to be president:

Neither could Evan McMullin, but that didn't stop him from attempting to be a "spoiler" for Trump and I don't recall Democrats complaining about his candidacy.

I guess this time the Republicans decided to "McMullin" the Democrats. I doubt Kanye's candidacy will have much affect in the end anyway.

“If one could bracket out the immediately obvious evils of manipulating a man in a mental health crisis for maximum political gain

Like Joe Biden?

i like the way that he uses such hysterical language, to signal to us, to not give his views any credibility.

if he has not, we might have wasted time, taking what he said, seriously.

trump has proved that an outsider, even one with a shady entertainment past, can win,

provided that he finds a solid base to build on.

trump's was working class whites.

west seems to be aiming for evangelicals. not sure if he wants all of them or just focusing on the black pro-lifers.

if he can put together a good policy platform, why should he not be taken seriously? perhaps not this time, but the next?

Freakin' liberal conspiracy theorists are at it again. I heard the reason Kanye and Jared are collaborating is to put an album out, I would buy it. And the concert would be a trip.

why do you discount the possibility of a real meeting of minds and shared interests of Trump and West?

they are both extremely wealthy, famous, with well crafted public personas, extremely ambitious...

indeed, they have a lot in common.

It's not like Democrats have ever used people with mental disorders for political gain, right? I find it troubling when any group uses others for political gain. Tell me did you feel the same when the Democratic Party used Cindy Sheehan?

I find it troubling when any group uses others for political gain. Tell me did you feel the same when the Democratic Party used Cindy Sheehan?

Never heard of Cindy Sheehan before. Thanks for bringing her to my attention!

This courageous organizer of veterans against U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Gold Star Mother, activist who protested Bush, Obama and Trump equally, who ran against Pelosi in her home district, and now is active in the Peace & Freedom Party ... she’s my kind of gal!

Cindy Sheehan - Wikipedia

Maybe Cindy Sheehan can get together with Tulsi Gabbard and run together in 2024!

Last edited:
I find it troubling when any group uses others for political gain. Tell me did you feel the same when the Democratic Party used Cindy Sheehan?

Never heard of Cindy Sheehan before. Thanks for bringing her to my attention!

This courageous organizer of veterans against U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Gold Star Mother, activist who protested Bush, Obama and Trump equally, who ran against Pelosi in her home district, and now is active in the Peace & Freedom Party ... she’s my kind of gal!

Cindy Sheehan - Wikipedia

Maybe Cindy Sheehan can get together with Tulsi Gabbard and run together in 2024!

You must be pretty young not to have heard of Sheehan. Sheehan was used by the Democratic Party during the war. It was obvious and plain to see. When the Democrats were done and they found out they couldn't exploit her anymore they were finished with her. She left the Democratic Party after they abandoned her. Doesn't seem to bother you that she was used for political purposes.

Forum List

Back