Japanese Special Forces?

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
WHOA! Seems the Japanese PM is PISSED that a couple of his journalists have been beheaded so he's sending a special forces unit into Iraq.....that should throw a scare into ISIS. :badgrin:

I wondered if any Japanese troops had seen combat since WW2 and all I could find was that they have been part of the Coalition in Iraq....this is from 2004

There are roughly 550 Japanese personnel serving in Samawah, which is located in a relatively peaceful portion of southern Iraq. Operating as part of a coalition multinational division, the Japanese troops are focused almost exclusively on humanitarian operations and providing construction support, according to Fukumoto.

The primary specialties of the Japanese troops in Samawah are engineering and medical, and there is also a complement of infantry to provide defense and force protection, Fukumoto said.

"Though we did have a mortar attack, we do not have a very serious threat against us here," Fukumoto said. "Dutch soldiers are doing a very good job of providing security for us, and the Iraqi police are also helping to keep us secure."

So the DUTCH were protecting them? :rolleyes-41:

It seems their "special forces" or Tokushu Sakusen Gun deployment to date is a total of four (4) to bodyguard their diplomat there.....There is no evidence their services were required.

I understand Japan's outrage over the beheadings but c'mon....they'd be better served to FINANCE operations, like they did the majority of Desert Storm because their oil supply was at risk. And I understand we've not allowed Japan to rearm after their adventures in the late 1930's and early 40's....it just struck me funny that sending supposedly "special" forces who've never seen a whiff of combat could make any difference to ISIS.

Last edited:
They are rearming.....as to how special their SF are, dont know.....I'm sure the Israelis could provide them the needed help to dump a missile on their heads.

• Banned
They are rearming.....as to how special their SF are, dont know.....I'm sure the Israelis could provide them the needed help to dump a missile on their heads.

If they're serious about serving in a combat role in Iraq, they don't need the IDF for training...that will be our task.

I don't know what these Japanese Special Force will do but the regular Japanese forces of ww2 were pretty tough . Any Japanese person in Japanese 'special forces' are likely to have a warrior culture mindset , imo !! Japanese have a long pre ww2 warrior history I think . Be interesting to see what develops and I look forward to hearing news about these 'special forces' .

I like Fuk U Moto.

"Dutch soldiers are doing a very good job of providing security for us, and the Iraqi police are also helping to keep us secure."
Yes, Dutch soldiers are indispensable on an Arab mission. They sure divert Arab attention from fighting. :smiliehug:

it just struck me funny that sending supposedly "special" forces who've never seen a whiff of combat could make any difference to ISIS.
They could have been trained or some of them as mercs somewhere????

WHOA! Seems the Japanese PM is PISSED that a couple of his journalists have been beheaded so he's sending a special forces unit into Iraq.....that should throw a scare into ISIS. :badgrin:

I wondered if any Japanese troops had seen combat since WW2 and all I could find was that they have been part of the Coalition in Iraq....this is from 2004

There are roughly 550 Japanese personnel serving in Samawah, which is located in a relatively peaceful portion of southern Iraq. Operating as part of a coalition multinational division, the Japanese troops are focused almost exclusively on humanitarian operations and providing construction support, according to Fukumoto.

The primary specialties of the Japanese troops in Samawah are engineering and medical, and there is also a complement of infantry to provide defense and force protection, Fukumoto said.

"Though we did have a mortar attack, we do not have a very serious threat against us here," Fukumoto said. "Dutch soldiers are doing a very good job of providing security for us, and the Iraqi police are also helping to keep us secure."

It seems their "special forces" or Tokushu Sakusen Gun deployment to date is a total of four (4) to bodyguard their diplomat there.....There is no evidence their services were required.

I understand Japan's outrage over the beheadings but c'mon....they'd be better served to FINANCE operations, like they did the majority of Desert Storm because their oil supply was at risk. And I understand we've not allowed Japan to rearm after their adventures in the late 1930's and early 40's....it just struck me funny that sending supposedly "special" forces who've never seen a whiff of combat could make any difference to ISIS.

Any link to something showing that Japan is sending special forces to Iraq. I don't see any news article making that claim.

The Asians are very good war fighters. Underestimate them at your own risk.

The biggest difference in them and us is they are very patient and they do not attack often. But when they do...its devastating. They dont like getting over extended or spread out. They use manipulation and timing rather than raw force.

The Asians are very good war fighters. Underestimate them at your own risk.

The biggest difference in them and us is they are very patient and they do not attack often. But when they do...its devastating. They dont like getting over extended or spread out. They use manipulation and timing rather than raw force.

Except Japan hasn't been in combat in 70 years....and I'd think a clown like you who doesn't know enough to count his rounds is much of an authority on asians or combat.

Do you doubt that the Japanese are able to be good fighters? Read more historical books. They will teach you how to wage a war. If they did not lose the 2 WW they will be the military regional power threatening China with invasion. Give them a chance and they will show the result.

Not a single link to support this claim.

Nor does Google show any news articles that support this claim.

Matter of fact- there are no news articles about "Japanese Special Forces" in the last week at all.

Appears to be total BS claim.

Forum List

Back