Japanese roller coaster shuts down after riders report broken bones.....And here we thought the new Tesla was super quick with a 0-60 time of 1.99 sec

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
FUJIYOSHIDA, YAMANASHI, Japan — A roller coaster that accelerates from 0 to 112 mph in less than two seconds has been shut down after some riders blamed it for broken bones.

Four people said they suffered injuries on the Do-Dodonpa roller coaster at the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park, asahi.com reports. Vice is reporting that six riders have been injured. The injuries occurred between December 2020 and August 2021.

The riders said they had fractures in their necks, chest and backs, asahi.com reports.

The amusement park says it is closing the ride “due to a safety overhaul,” CNN reports. The ride opened at the park in 2001.

Preliminary investigations have revealed no technical problems with the ride, yahoo.com reports. Sansei Technologies, which designed the roller coaster, has apologized to riders in a statement but said the cause of the injuries is unknown, CNN reports.

An architecture professor with Nihon University tells Vice News that the quick acceleration could be responsible. The ride reaches 112 mph in 1.56 seconds.

(Excerpt) Read more at cleveland.com ...

FUJIYOSHIDA , YAMANASHI, Japan — A roller coaster that accelerates from 0 to 112 mph in less than two seconds has been shut down after some riders blamed it for broken bones.
Whoa, 0 to 112 mph in less than 2 seconds? Were these passengers volunteers or test crash dummies? I cannot even imagine experiencing that rate of acceleration! A good testimony about just because humans can do something doesn't mean they should. Kind of like jumping off a cliff while strapped inside a tiny vehicle and expecting it all to go well. Thanks for sharing the information.

FUJIYOSHIDA, YAMANASHI, Japan — A roller coaster that accelerates from 0 to 112 mph in less than two seconds has been shut down after some riders blamed it for broken bones.

Four people said they suffered injuries on the Do-Dodonpa roller coaster at the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park, asahi.com reports. Vice is reporting that six riders have been injured. The injuries occurred between December 2020 and August 2021.

The riders said they had fractures in their necks, chest and backs, asahi.com reports.

The amusement park says it is closing the ride “due to a safety overhaul,” CNN reports. The ride opened at the park in 2001.

Preliminary investigations have revealed no technical problems with the ride, yahoo.com reports. Sansei Technologies, which designed the roller coaster, has apologized to riders in a statement but said the cause of the injuries is unknown, CNN reports.

An architecture professor with Nihon University tells Vice News that the quick acceleration could be responsible. The ride reaches 112 mph in 1.56 seconds.

(Excerpt) Read more at cleveland.com ...

Hope they give you a shot of Saki first ! followed by shouts of long live the Emperor of course.

(BONZAI))

It's a dangerous acceleration rate for sure. It looks like Japanese adrenalin junkies are so polite that they go home after suffering broken ribs, legs or arms (skulls?) and only later complain about the ride.

It's a dangerous acceleration rate for sure. It looks like Japanese adrenalin junkies are so polite that they go home after suffering broken ribs, legs or arms (skulls?) and only later complain about the ride.

They do have a playful side for sure

Seems to me they should rename it....wait for it.....

Kamikaze! Get the true feelings of what their grandfather's did during WW II...... LINES A MILE LONG FOR THIS THRILL....If you live through it!!!!.... Perhaps machine gun fire for a little more authenticity!.... No?

Whoa, 0 to 112 mph in less than 2 seconds? Were these passengers volunteers or test crash dummies? I cannot even imagine experiencing that rate of acceleration! A good testimony about just because humans can do something doesn't mean they should. Kind of like jumping off a cliff while strapped inside a tiny vehicle and expecting it all to go well. Thanks for sharing the information.
BTW.... 0-60 MPH in a Tesla Plaid creates almost 2 G's.... look up hilarious reactions to Tesla Plaid Acceleration on You Tube to really get an idea of what HALF this rate of speed does.... Some throw up, others get out of car and walk rather than put up with this Acceleration, although MOST LOVE IT and almost all refer it to a ROLLER COASTER ride... Need a good laugh for today?

BTW.... 0-60 MPH in a Tesla Plaid creates almost 2 G's.... look up hilarious reactions to Tesla Plaid Acceleration on You Tube to really get an idea of what HALF this rate of speed does.... Some throw up, others get out of car and walk rather than put up with this Acceleration, although MOST LOVE IT and almost all refer it to a ROLLER COASTER ride... Need a good laugh for today?
Watched the funny ones last guy in back seat was the best lol and this...a bit different experience!

Hope they give you a shot of Saki first ! followed by shouts of long live the Emperor of course.

(BONZAI))

Come on Unko... where is your sense of humor? I wouldn't get on that thing without being hammered first.. id need that whole bottle of Saki. Any ride that goes that fast in two seconds needs to be named the Bonzai

Come on Unko... where is your sense of humor? I wouldn't get on that thing without being hammered first.. id need that whole bottle of Saki. Any ride that goes that fast in two seconds needs to be named the Bonzai
"a bottle of 'saki'" makes no sense, nor would calling a very dangerous ride "to live ten thousand years."

First of all, I hate rollercoasters let alone one that shoots you out at 112 in 2 seconds. I would need a bottle of something to get on there.

In WW2 brave japanese pilots downed a shot of saki and shouted Bonzai before flying to what they knew was a certain death... the Japanese rollercoaster may not send you to a certain death but it probably feels that way when its breaking your bones.

If you couldnt see the analogy... well, ok.

First of all, I hate rollercoasters let alone one that shoots you out at 112 in 2 seconds. I would need a bottle of something to get on there.

In WW2 brave japanese pilots downed a shot of saki and shouted Bonzai before flying to what they knew was a certain death... the Japanese rollercoaster may not send you to a certain death but it probably feels that way when its breaking your bones.

If you couldnt see the analogy... well, ok.
"Saki" would mean "first" or "before." The drink is "sake."

The other word you are thinking of would be "banzai," and means "may you live 10,000 years."

Forum List

Back