January 6 Was Not A Coup

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
Was there a coup attempt on January 6? For the answer to be “yes,” there had to have been a realistic path by which some action on that day could have resulted in Donald Trump remaining president of the United States.

Watching the show trial on television, you could believe it might have been possible. The special committee’s TV show is dedicated to convincing a lay audience the Trump administration came “that close” to tossing away our democracy, with some mechanism almost clicking into place that would have left Trump in power.

It would be easier to take the Democrats seriously if they would coolly outline just how Trump could have stayed in office without the military, who were clearly not taking a partisan stance on January 6. Absent that, you had political theater and a riot, not a coup attempt. Think back to the 1960s and ask yourself if occupying the administration building on campus would have stopped the Vietnam War in its tracks. This is politically much ado about not much, except Democratic Party 2024 electioneering.

To stage a coup, you need tanks on the White House lawn. Instead, America transitioned peacefully from one administration to another. That hard reality is wholly missing from the
Democrats’ January 6 committee hearings and all the frou-frou that accompanies them.

Could Trump have used the Capitol riot to declare martial law and stay in power? No. The president cannot use the military domestically in a way Congress does not agree with. The “web of laws” Congress enacted to govern the domestic activities of the armed forces—including the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits the use of federal troops to execute the law without express congressional authorization—would stop Trump cold. January 6 Was Not a Coup - The American Conservative

Bottom line, there was no insurrection, no coup, or attempted coup….Just a relatively small group of idiots that broke the law, like Colberts group…Difference is, Colberts group got to go home the next morning…

Bottom line, there was no insurrection, no coup, or attempted coup….Just a relatively small group of idiots that broke the law, like Colberts group…Difference is, Colberts group got to go home the next morning…
Who you trying to convince. We all will hear the evidence from the hearings.

I'm going to wait till all the facts are in.

The fact that you are trying to defend something that all the facts haven't been presented yet tells me you are trying to set expectations.

Liz Cheney seems to disagree with you in her opening statement and she isn't dumb.

Colberts crew was crazy…they wanted to hang Mike Pence and Stop the Steal. Oh wait. Never mind.

3002B931-9424-4EAF-A5B0-3F3B4602EA85.jpeg

If they had any real evidence of an actual coup attempt, that info would have been leaked long ago & then talked about non-stop before these banana republic show hearings ever started.
Dems want narratives, not actual facts. Facts invariably destroy the narrative they sell the sheeple so they will always need MSM help to gaslight the masses.
Without Pravda cover, the UNiparty would crumble as their corruption & depravity became more widely known

The fact that you are trying to defend something that all the facts haven't been presented yet tells me you are trying to set expectations.

Liz Cheney seems to disagree with you in her opening statement and she isn't dumb.
How is a mob of angry, unarmed citizens dressed in costume a threat to our democracy, but decades of bombing innocent people around the world for geopolitical power is not?

How is a mob of angry, unarmed citizens dressed in costume a threat to our democracy, but decades of bombing innocent people around the world for geopolitical power is not?
An empire cloaked in the guise of democracy reeks of historical significance Gip.....

~S~

First, let me be clear.....my post here is not meant to be persuasion. The camps of those who think Don T. did nothing wrong, and those who think he bears major, if not primary, responsibility for the January 6th attack on our legislators......are pretty well set.
So there is that.

However, I will post simply to suggest, diplomatically, that the poster above, 'j-mac'....ain't right in his assertion.
In fact, he is wrong at several points.

So briefly, vis-a-vis the 'Colbert' statement: Of the nearly 900 arrested so far for their actions on January 6th only a very very small handful were arrested and jailed on the evening of January 6th. The police were simply too overwhelmed to be apprehending the attackers. I'm thinking less than 10? Th nearly 900 arrests came days, weeks, months, a year and half......after January 6th as the FBI combed through social media, and investigated tips from friends, families, co-workers, who fingered the perpetrators. In short, 99% of the perps went home to sleep in their own beds... after their crimes.

And yes, it was an 'insurrection' in intent, purpose, and attempt. Obstructing, by force, a lawful, Constitutional requirement of our popularly elected representatives in their duty at a vital and defining moment in our governance...ain't 'normal political discourse', or a tourist visit, or a party gotten out of hand. It is by colloquial definition an 'insurrection'. For some attackers, the DOJ has applied 'sedition' rather than insurrections.....or battery with a deadly weapon on a federal officer.

So, with that said, let's just simply call it 'insurrection'.....without parsing whether the arrested blokes and their cohorts were attempting stop an official act of Congress....by force.

I hope that will help any who are on-the-fence.

It wasn't even a particularly big protest.
I disagree. It was huge. It was the first actual million man march in D.C.

1.5 to 2.5 million people attended are the estimates I get from friends who've lived there for most of their lives. People I consider to be very reliable sources.

Patriots from every state in the union, from sea to shining sea, went there to protest against voter fraud.

Notice that you'll NEVER hear any estimates from the leftstream fake news media. The Dem's fakestream media would be screaming at the top of their lungs 24/7 that it was a small protest. Instead, you won't even hear them make an estimate. They want to downplay the number of people at the Trump rally/anti-voter fraud protest.

Last edited:
something direly needed, jmho

Beating the crap out of uniformed police who were upholding their oath to protect our elected representatives was 'direly needed'?
Was spraying those same police in the face with MACE....also so direly needed? Tasering them once they had been dragged down?
What about the Trump rioters who smeared their poo on the walls of the People's House? That too so direly needed?

I don't mean to be dismissive so early in the morning, but......but comments such as the 'direly needed' nonsense are part and parcel of the corrosive vibe that fringe elements of RightieWhitey-think are inflicting upon America.

The brutal attack on the men and women we legally elected to represent our voice about our governance.....was 'direly needed'? An attack against hundreds of paid staffers and volunteer interns? Screamed threats to murder officers of our governance were 'direly needed'?

None of that....was needed. Direly or otherwise.
To publicly state such on social media is silly, irresponsible, and corrosive to America.

In my humble opinion.

The people in the building on Jan 6th were just pawns being used for a larger purpose.

"facts"

Liz is a Quisling, no wonder you like her.

The Committee is a fraud, it was from the day Pelosi didn't allow the Republicans to seat their chosen members, in defiance of House etiquette.

New Topics

Forum List

Back