Jake Paul knocks out ex-MMA fighter in one round

Surprising to me
Yeah, he flat lined him in round one. It shouldnt be too surprising. Askren is a wrestler who always sucked at striking, but he dominated people in MMA because he was such a good grappler.

Both Paul brothers are very good boxers.

I would venture to still guess that Jake Paul is a below average pro boxer, but the fact that he knocked out a pro fighter was impressive, unless of course it was rigged, which I wouldn’t throw out the window

Surprising to me
Yeah, he flat lined him in round one. It shouldnt be too surprising. Askren is a wrestler who always sucked at striking, but he dominated people in MMA because he was such a good grappler.

I would venture to still guess that Jake Paul is a below average pro boxer, but the fact that he knocked out a pro fighter was impressive, unless of course it was rigged, which I wouldn’t throw out the window
I dont know. He might be closer to an "average boxer", which is a tough level to get to. Average boxers will crush 99.99% of the men in the world.

Surprising to me

It definitely was not rigged. That overhand right was fast and lethal, and throwing fights isnt in the DNA of guys like Askren.

Surprising to me

I dont know. He might be closer to an "average boxer", which is a tough level to get to. Average boxers will crush 99.99% of the men in the world.

Whenever I watch some of these no name fighters fight, when free boxing is on tv, I’m usually in awe of how good these guys are

Surprising to me

It definitely was not rigged. That overhand right was fast and lethal, and throwing fights isnt in the DNA of guys like Askren.

You’re probably right, but it would make sense to rig that fight, because if the MMA fighter wins no one cares, now that jake Paul win he’s a big draw

Surprising to me

Whenever I watch some of these no name fighters fight, when free boxing is on tv, I’m usually in awe of how good these guys are
Yeah, there are a lot of great unknown fighters out there, but they are still a level below the elite upper echelon, which is why they never end up becoming well known.

Surprising to me

You’re probably right, but it would make sense to rig that fight, because if the MMA fighter wins no one cares, now that jake Paul win he’s a big draw
Yeah, i can see the benefits of rigging it, but Askren only knows how to win. He has been doing it since he was a kid. His last couple fights didnt go so well, but he has dominating people for about 2 decades. High level wrestlers have more desire to win than probably anyone on earth. Asking Askren to throw a fight would be like asking Michael Jordan to throw a game. It just isnt possible.

Surprising to me

Yeah, there are a lot of great unknown fighters out there, but they are still a level below the elite upper echelon, which is why they never end up becoming well known.

Agreed. There are guys that really stand out like lomechinko (spelling) and Tyson Fury that are on a different level

Surprising to me

Agreed. There are guys that really stand out like lomechinko (spelling) and Tyson Fury that are on a different level
Speaking of Tyson Fury, Francis Ngannou (UFC's SCARY heavy weight champion) and him have been going back and forth on twitter about a potential boxing match.

Professional boxers can kick the shit out of a lot of fellows in their sport, even those in other pugilistic sports.

Look at Butter Bean vs. Bart Gunn

Professional boxers can kick the shit out of a lot of fellows in their sport, even those in other pugilistic sports.

Butterbean was a KO artist, but did terribly in MMA. Once he was on his back, he was like a turtle. That motherfucker couldnt get off the ground to save his life. Grapplers made him look foolish. :laugh:

Surprising to me

Oh my assumption is that all his fights are rigged.

Surprising to me

Just like 99.9999% of average elementary school girls would crush you.

Surprising to me

If you watched his fights, you would know that they arent rigged.

Surprising to me

Sure that is why people are calling this out as a scam as the fight was called inside 2 minutes and his opponent he allegedly had knocked out was laughing and smiling as he trotted off to the dressing room $500K richer.

Butterbean was a KO artist, but did terribly in MMA. Once he was on his back, he was like a turtle. That motherfucker couldnt get off the ground to save his life. Grapplers made him look foolish. :laugh:

If BB had real wrestling training ..he could have been ok

Surprising to me

Sure that is why people are calling this out as a scam as the fight was called inside 2 minutes and his opponent he allegedly had knocked out was laughing and smiling as he trotted off to the dressing room $500K richer.
You probably dont watch many fights, do you. I find that people who arent familiar with fighting are the first ones to say a fight is rigged. Every Conor McGregor fight draws the attention of non fans of the sport who boldly claim the fight was rigged after watching one fight. :laugh:

Forum List

Back