Jacoby Exposes NYT Article on Marriage

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Nothing like bending a few numbers to come up with a story line to fit your agenda and pass it off as fact.

Are Women Giving Up on Marriage?
By Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe
January 21, 2007

DID YOU KNOW that a majority of American women now live without husbands? I didn't either, but last week The New York Times announced it on Page 1: "51% of Women Are Now Living Without Spouse."

Taken at face value, that's a pretty disquieting statistic. If society is to flourish and perpetuate itself, it must uphold marriage as a social ideal -- it must raise boys and girls in a culture that encourages them to marry eventually a partner of the opposite sex, make stable and loving homes together, and have children who will one day form successful marriages of their own. The news that most American women now live without husbands suggests that society's "ideal" is dwindling to a minority taste.

for full article:
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ed...s/2007/01/21/are_women_giving_up_on_marriage/

Actually, Census data show that even with the 15- to 19-year-olds, a majority of American females -- 51 percent -- are "now married."

That's still a pretty low figure.

I've heard that 75% of all divorces are made by women. And why not? They've typically got less to lose.

I am rather shocked how blatantly they padded those statistics. Since when do wives of men who travel and are involved in the military single now? if they are there are several hotties i wouldnt mind taking out:p

That's still a pretty low figure.

I've heard that 75% of all divorces are made by women. And why not? They've typically got less to lose.

Oh Lord... and LOTS to "gain." Of course, children lose, but feminism has taught us that children are just a blob of cells, parasites. What really matters is Jimmy Choos.

And both worth about the same per sheet. At least Charmin has a use.

So does the Times, wrapping fish. Seriously, most of their news is good, but what catches the interest are the daily news stories that are op-eds in disguise. We need the MSM, I just think pressure should be applied from all quarters to make them do the best 'news' they can, and provide the best editorialists they can afford.

So does the Times, wrapping fish. Seriously, most of their news is good, but what catches the interest are the daily news stories that are op-eds in disguise. We need the MSM, I just think pressure should be applied from all quarters to make them do the best 'news' they can, and provide the best editorialists they can afford.
I just ignore them: economic pressure is the best.

Why not? When an institution no longer serves the public, it should die.

There is nothing to take their place at present. I love the alternative media, but they play off MSM, with few exceptions such as embeds, which are subsidized by taxes.

There is nothing to take their place at present. I love the alternative media, but they play off MSM, with few exceptions such as embeds, which are subsidized by taxes.
That's like saying there's no substitute for orange juice.

If the NYT and CBS dies, the others should take note. If the don't, more will die, and keep dying until tey change their template. Only good can come out of this.

That's like saying there's no substitute for orange juice.

If the NYT and CBS dies, the others should take note. If the don't, more will die, and keep dying until tey change their template. Only good can come out of this.

Again, you and I don't see eye to eye.

New Topics

Forum List

Back