Jacobin: Dick Cheney Should Be in Jail, Not Praised as a Hero by Democrats

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
the loving tolerant left want Cheney in jail

excerpts:

Dick Cheney is an enemy of democracy in America and a war criminal. His warm reception on the floor of Congress by Democrats yesterday at the January 6 Capitol riot commemoration was shameful and disgusting

I find it difficult to put into words how shameful venerating Cheney like this is by anyone, much less the country’s supposed left-wing party — and it’s particularly jarring given that Cheney has dedicated his career to attacking democracy, the very thing the ceremony was supposedly in opposition to.

Cheney’s zeal for the executive and contempt for the legislature continued during his time in Congress. When he was not opposing freedom for Nelson Mandela or voting against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, he was using his spot on the congressional committee investigating the Iran-Contra affair to advance his theories of expansive presidential warmaking. Cheney spearheaded the minority report for the investigation.

excerpts:

Dick Cheney is an enemy of democracy in America and a war criminal. His warm reception on the floor of Congress by Democrats yesterday at the January 6 Capitol riot commemoration was shameful and disgusting

I find it difficult to put into words how shameful venerating Cheney like this is by anyone, much less the country’s supposed left-wing party — and it’s particularly jarring given that Cheney has dedicated his career to attacking democracy, the very thing the ceremony was supposedly in opposition to.

Cheney’s zeal for the executive and contempt for the legislature continued during his time in Congress. When he was not opposing freedom for Nelson Mandela or voting against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, he was using his spot on the congressional committee investigating the Iran-Contra affair to advance his theories of expansive presidential warmaking. Cheney spearheaded the minority report for the investigation.

I don't see much praising of Cheney.

excerpts:

"praised as a hero"? By whom?

Dick, Evil? You decide!

cheneyvader.jpg

excerpts:

I agree...Cheney is and will always be an evil POS warmonger.....

watch Deadline White House on MSNBC with Nicole Wallace
Do you know who Nicole Wallace is?

A former Bush hack.....in fact, most of the talking heads on MSNBC are former Bush hacks.....

If there were any true progressives on MSNBC -- they can never be on the same panel with these folks unless they agree to never ever ever bring up the Bush/Cheney years -- and what folks like Nicole Wallace and others were doing

Somebody named "Chip Gibbons" claims Dick Chaney should be in jail and lefties think this is such a profound opinion that it rises to the level of a political discussion. It shows how desperate things are getting on the left these days.

Somebody named "Chip Gibbons" claims Dick Chaney should be in jail and lefties think this is such a profound opinion that it rises to the level of a political discussion. It shows how desperate things are getting on the left these days.
"Lefties" have wanted Cheney in jail for a minute.......even back before you folks were yelling "Lock Her Up" for years...

However, you never yelled "Lock Him Up" about Cheney..funny how that works...

I guess its because back when you future Trump supporters were still worshiping both Cheney and Bush...you didn't see anything he did as being wrong...in fact, you guys loved it....

Now, it convenient to pretend you were against the Bush/Cheney admin all along -- like that was profound.......but it was the "left" who was right about them long before you were forced to admit it

I don't get MSNBC or any cable for that matter.

Its on the internet videos.

Its on the internet videos.

Nicole Wallace never viewed Cheney nor Bush as her enemy...she worked for them, remember?

excerpts:

Holy crap a BOOOOOOSH outburst. I thought the left was over this? :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back