Jackson Mississippi water system has failed. Did their Congressmen vote for infrastructure investment?

Why should ANYONE have the power to use FEDERAL funds to fix LOCAL infrastructure? What is the problem for the NATION (not the citizens, the NATION) if people in a particular city/town have no clean water?
I bet you are pissed that you have to drive on interstate highways huh?

Why should those states have federal funds to pay for those highways...if I were you, i wouldn't even take public roads.....since all of that stuff is paid for by taxes..and taxes is just theft anyway....

Which is why I wonder why you folks always complain about the money being spent on Ukraine as if you have a belief that federal money should be spent at home.....you obviously don't believe federal funds should be spent anywhere except on tax cuts to billionaires and bloated military budgets...

I bet you are pissed that you have to drive on interstate highways huh?
Yes, I do hate I-90. It still has tolls on it despite having been paid for almost 2 decades ago.
Why should those states have federal funds to pay for those highways...if I were you, i wouldn't even take public roads.....since all of that stuff is paid for by taxes..and taxes is just theft anyway
I have no problem with interstate roads being paid for by Federal funds. They are SPECIFICALLY spelled out in the Constitution.

I don’t mind paying taxes to the proper levels of Government to the proper people to oversee them. I have a massive problem paying taxes to Governments for things they are not supposed to be involved in.,
Which is why I wonder why you folks always complain about the money being spent on Ukraine as if you have a belief that federal money should be spent at home.....you obviously don't believe federal funds should be spent anywhere except on tax cuts to billionaires and bloated military budgets
I don’t believe Federal money should be spent ANYWHERE other than on the items SPECIFICALLY listed in Artivle I, Section 8 of the US Constitution.

It shouldn’t be going to Ukraine, Jackson MS, Socisl Welfare, Corporate Welfsre, foreign military bases, AMTRAK, or a whole slew of other things not specifically listed in the Constitution.

Given the power, I’d cut all that stuff tomorrow, use the excess budgetary monies to pay our debt, then cut taxes on everyone who actually pays them to a point where our income only covers what we need.

Jackson paid $90M to Siemens back in 2012 to upgrade the water meters, treatment plants, and sewer lines. That was a disaster, nothing was fixed, and the city sued and settled for $90M back in 2020. That money is gone. Apparently, Jackson is a lot like Ukraine. The money goes in and nothing comes out.

again it is the city's responsibility one they have ignored for 30 years, the federal Government is not responsible nor the state.

30,YEARS of democratic indifference and corruption lead to this, 30 YEARS. Hell the EPA has been on the case for 10 of those years.

Democrats in charge of Jackson since at least 1901.....they kept voting for these corrupt racists.....now they have no water to drink..........when will they learn...

There is no excuse for ignorance. The mayor and elected representatives of Jackson should and must be held accountable.

Supposedly the Army Corp of Engineers fixed the problem pretty quickly even with the mayor demanding a billion dollars and the water department head for 8 years not knowing anything. The Village. Over and over in every area with total Village control it is the same.

Supposedly the Army Corp of Engineers fixed the problem pretty quickly even with the mayor demanding a billion dollars and the water department head for 8 years not knowing anything. The Village. Over and over in every area with total Village control it is the same.
Can they drink the water yet?

Yes, I do hate I-90. It still has tolls on it despite having been paid for almost 2 decades ago.

Try three. I recall the construction bonds were paid off in 1983!

I have no problem with interstate roads being paid for by Federal funds. They are SPECIFICALLY spelled out in the Constitution.

I don’t mind paying taxes to the proper levels of Government to the proper people to oversee them. I have a massive problem paying taxes to Governments for things they are not supposed to be involved in.,

I don’t believe Federal money should be spent ANYWHERE other than on the items SPECIFICALLY listed in Artivle I, Section 8 of the US Constitution.

It shouldn’t be going to Ukraine, Jackson MS, Socisl Welfare, Corporate Welfsre, foreign military bases, AMTRAK, or a whole slew of other things not specifically listed in the Constitution.

Given the power, I’d cut all that stuff tomorrow, use the excess budgetary monies to pay our debt, then cut taxes on everyone who actually pays them to a point where our income only covers what we need.

Yep.

Forum List

Back