Jack Welch: Economy is not growing at breakneck speed contrary to Obama's BLS claims

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
* The economy would have to be growing at breakneck speed for unemployment to drop a half percent in two months.
* Overall employment level, which is 143 million people today, compared with 146 million people in 2007.
* Details ways in which BLS surveying can manipulate (misinterpret data) - Even a full page in their handbook is dedicated to the ways in which this can occur.
* Funny Paragraph: 'The Obama campaign and its supporters, including bigwigs like David Axelrod and Robert Gibbs, along with several cable TV anchors, would like you to believe that BLS data are handled like the gold in Fort Knox, with gun-carrying guards watching their every move, and highly trained, white-gloved super-agents counting and recounting hourly.'
* There were no economists, liberal or conservative, predicting that unemployment in September would drop below 8%.
* Tweet: Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers.
* New York Times: 7.8% figure is a "statistical fluke"
* Election: Too important to be decided upon a (wrong) number.
* 'Bottom line: To suggest that the input to the BLS data-collection system is precise and bias-free is—well, let's just say, overstated.'

Jack Welch: I Was Right About That Strange Jobs Report - WSJ.com

* Overall employment level, which is 143 million people today, compared with 146 million people in 2007.

yes, how ironic that those too discouraged to look for work helped Barry as did those who settled for part time work ( 2/3 of the 897,000 new jobs in the last reporting period).

Welch is entitled to his opinion. He has to have something to do when he not doing muppet voiceovers.

Welch is entitled to his opinion. He has to have something to do when he not doing muppet voiceovers.

Jack Welsh: These three statistics—the labor-force participation rate, the growth in government workers, and overall job growth, all multidecade records achieved over the past two months—have to raise some eyebrows. There were no economists, liberal or conservative, predicting that unemployment in September would drop below 8%.

If senile, say why, or admit to being a just another dumb liberal without the IQ to do so!!

Welch is entitled to his opinion.

Your personal attack is also not counted as debate. Good day.

I hate to break it to you, but

1. This part of the message board is not part of the CDZ. This place depends primarily on ad hominems.

2. I took the comment as a humorous one off. Let some of the air out and you might see it that way too.

3. I see no evidence that any substantial number of posters on the "economics" strings have any education in or working knowledge of economics. As far as I can tell from his public statements over the last twenty years, neither does Jack Welch. Sue me.

4. Most posters on this board have no idea of what debate is or what how to go about it. I haven't seen any evidence that you have a clue about it either.

If you think you have the credentials and background to get into an argument with me on this subject, bring it on. I generally avoid intellectual combat with an unarmed opponent as unsporting, but in your case I will make an exception.

Welch is entitled to his opinion.

Your personal attack is also not counted as debate. Good day.

I hate to break it to you, but

1. This part of the message board is not part of the CDZ. This place depends primarily on ad hominems.

2. I took the comment as a humorous one off. Let some of the air out and you might see it that way too.

3. I see no evidence that any substantial number of posters on the "economics" strings have any education in or working knowledge of economics. As far as I can tell from his public statements over the last twenty years, neither does Jack Welch. Sue me.

4. Most posters on this board have no idea of what debate is or what how to go about it. I haven't seen any evidence that you have a clue about it either.

If you think you have the credentials and background to get into an argument with me on this subject, bring it on. I generally avoid intellectual combat with an unarmed opponent as unsporting, but in your case I will make an exception.

Why do you presume to lecture me? As if I am unaware of forum antics or the difference between the politics forum and the CDZ. None of that truly counters my claim.

Also, your worthless attempt to diminish me as a serious poster is only a part of your foolish designs. One only need view the OP to know that I have brought substance to the table. That is more than you have accomplished during this thread.

Oldfart even if it were the CDZ there was no personal attacks by anyone. Gatsbys comments make no sense unless he believes free speech is bad.

Oldfart even if it were the CDZ there was no personal attacks by anyone. Gatsbys comments make no sense unless he believes free speech is bad.

I see. So your shameless attack to diminish Mr. Welch's person does not constitute a personal attack? Grow up. Also, nobody is threatening or countering your right to free speech hack.

* The economy would have to be growing at breakneck speed for unemployment to drop a half percent in two months.
The UE rate according to Gallup just fell .6% in less than 2 weeks. Jackass Welch is full of shit or the economy is growing at breakneck speed and the Right are simply lying about it.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

10/9/2012 - 7.3%
10/8/2012 - 7.5%
10/7/2012 - 7.5%
10/6/2012 - 7.6%
10/5/2012 - 7.7%
10/4/2012 - 7.8%
10/3/2012 - 7.8%
10/2/2012 - 7.8%
10/1/2012 - 7.9%
09/30/2012 - 7.9%

He's a gasbag. Why anyone would think Jack Welch is relevant, I don't know..

Jack Welsh: These three statistics—the labor-force participation rate, the growth in government workers, and overall job growth, all multidecade records achieved over the past two months—have to raise some eyebrows. There were no economists, liberal or conservative, predicting that unemployment in September would drop below 8%.

If gasbag, say why, or admit to being a just another dumb liberal without the IQ to do so!!

If gasbag, say why, or admit to being a just another dumb liberal without the IQ to do so!!
Just goes to show how wrong those gasbags can be. BLS measured UE at 7.8% and Gallup measured UE at 7.9% for Sept. Gallup measures UE at 7.3% as of Oct 9.

Just goes to show how wrong those gasbags can be. BLS measured UE at 7.8% and Gallup measured UE at 7.9% for Sept. Gallup measures UE at 7.3% as of Oct 9.

what on earth are you trying to say???????

Forum List

Back