Jack Reacher

Have read all the books. But the last one was a disappointment. Written by Child’s younger brother.
Lee probably doesn't work that hard but I bet he has a hand in the writing. I always thought Stephen King was the ghost writer for his wife Tabatha.

In the Reacher novels by Lee Child, Reacher is a really big guy around 6-6 and doesn't have great driving skills. No matter how they photograph him, Tom Cruise is sill around 5-8 and the movie has the obligatory car chase. I like Duvall as the former Marine who runs the shooting club though. It's mildly entertaining.
5'8" is a generous guess.....More like 5' 6"

In the Reacher novels by Lee Child, Reacher is a really big guy around 6-6 and doesn't have great driving skills. No matter how they photograph him, Tom Cruise is sill around 5-8 and the movie has the obligatory car chase. I like Duvall as the former Marine who runs the shooting club though. It's mildly entertaining.
Elevator shoes. I saw a clip some time ago with Cruise walking on a platform about 5 inches high so he would tower over other cast members. Since Cruise has a Little Big Man Complex, he has no problem playing his characters as overly aggressive.

Tom Cruise playing Reacher at first thought sounded ridiculous but he does a pretty good job. However, Cruise does not capture the Reacher in books who is overly calm, planning every detail in a tense situation and exploding into action.

Last edited:

I've read every one of 'em.....and I was furious when Cruise tried to play the role!!!

I've read every one of 'em.....and I was furious when Cruise tried to play the role!!!
Well, you're in luck. Apparently Amazon Prime shares your opinion. There is a new Reacher series on Amazon "Reacher Season 1". Alan Ritchson, 6'2" replaces the shrimp. He fits my image of Reacher. Hope he can act.

1647122855154.png

Forum List

Back