J W player on this site drives me nuts, just the last couple days,

No, its only been in the last couple days. Wants to run a video. What App would I of had to uninstall?

No way. Its only on this site too. If I did install it, its not in my programs, its must of piggybacked on an update of some sort. My latest update was adobe. I am worried about deleting all of the adobe, I tried to uninstall the update to it and it would not let me.

No way. Its only on this site too. If I did install it, its not in my programs, its must of piggybacked on an update of some sort. My latest update was adobe. I am worried about deleting all of the adobe, I tried to uninstall the update to it and it would not let me.
It might be the JWPlayer virus. Look for any unknown extensions/add ons in your browser, that's where it attaches itself.
Which browser do you use? IE? Firefox? Chrome?

It might be the JWPlayer virus. Look for any unknown extensions/add ons in your browser, that's where it attaches itself.

Edge. Where would I look for add ons in Window 10? I did a virus check, maybe I should download Malwarebytes and do that one. J W Player has a website, advertising advertise with them.

Edge. Where would I look for add ons in Window 10? I did a virus check, maybe I should download Malwarebytes and do that one. J W Player has a website, advertising advertise with them.
Edge is connected with IE, in my (and most experts) opinion one of the least secure browsers on the planet.

Malwarebytes may find it but I'm not sure. As for IE I obviously don't use it but did find this;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons

Edge is connected with IE, in my (and most experts) opinion one of the least secure browsers on the planet.

Malwarebytes may find it but I'm not sure. As for IE I obviously don't use it but did find this;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons

Thanks I'll try that site. What search engine is good?

Either Firefox or Google Chrome, it depends on which one you like best. I like Firefox because I can activate the Menu Bar, can't do that in Chrome however I do use Chrome for some things, mostly streaming video. You can install as many browsers as you like, each one will ask you to make it the default browser you can pick one and say no to the rest.
As for Malwarebytes it's good to have anyway.
You can also disable Edge in Windows 10 settings.

I found this add on which I got a couple days ago. Thanks for telling me to check add ons.

This is the Amonetize download manager which bundles applications with offers for additional 3rd party software, mostly unwanted adware, and may be installed with minimal consent. The application google toolbar helper googletoolbar 64.dll_10924_i21018950_il345.exe by Ukra-2006 has been detected as adware by 11 anti-malware scanners. The program is a setup application that uses the TUGUU DomaIQ Setup installer. The setup program bundles adware offers using the Amonetize, a Pay-Per-Install (PPI) monetization and distribution download manager. The software offerings provided are based on the PC's geo-location at the time of install. - Read more at Malware scan of google toolbar helper googletoolbar 64.dll_10924_i21018950_il345.exe e7d9943ff980cece84c569badc94fe5dca20ab74 - herdProtect

Either Firefox or Google Chrome, it depends on which one you like best. I like Firefox because I can activate the Menu Bar, can't do that in Chrome however I do use Chrome for some things, mostly streaming video. You can install as many browsers as you like, each one will ask you to make it the default browser you can pick one and say no to the rest.

I have MacAfee, I used to download Malwarebytes now and then to scan. So I should disable Edge in windows and then download Firefox or Chrome. I'll have to read about them. I use You tube a lot so maybe Chrome would be best. I'll let you know if disabling that one worked or not. Thanks for helping me. I only know how to be dangerous on a computer.:) I like a menu bar too though.

I found this add on which I got a couple days ago. Thanks for telling me to check add ons.

This is the Amonetize download manager which bundles applications with offers for additional 3rd party software, mostly unwanted adware, and may be installed with minimal consent. The application google toolbar helper googletoolbar 64.dll_10924_i21018950_il345.exe by Ukra-2006 has been detected as adware by 11 anti-malware scanners. The program is a setup application that uses the TUGUU DomaIQ Setup installer. The setup program bundles adware offers using the Amonetize, a Pay-Per-Install (PPI) monetization and distribution download manager. The software offerings provided are based on the PC's geo-location at the time of install. - Read more at Malware scan of google toolbar helper googletoolbar 64.dll_10924_i21018950_il345.exe e7d9943ff980cece84c569badc94fe5dca20ab74 - herdProtect
Yup, ain't browsing fun.......... You have to be extremely careful these days.

I have MacAfee, I used to download Malwarebytes now and then to scan. So I should disable Edge in windows and then download Firefox or Chrome. I'll have to read about them. I use You tube a lot so maybe Chrome would be best. I'll let you know if disabling that one worked or not. Thanks for helping me. I only know how to be dangerous on a computer.:) I like a menu bar too though.
Never, ever, ever download tool bars, especially browser tool bars.

Never, ever, ever download tool bars, especially browser tool bars.

I don't remember doing it, but I guess I did. Thanks for the tip. Like I said I only know enough to be dangerous.

Forum List

Back