I've often said

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I don't drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee- it used to be advertised as the think drink- I do a lot.... of both-

coffee and cigarettes are the company I keep,
on a perfect autumn night
with a sky black and deep
not a leaf is stirring, not a sound being bein made
it's great to be alive, hearing the whisper of sleep

but, I digress

4 Cups a Day: 4 Surprising Health Benefits of Drinking That Much Coffee

Looks like I'm safe enough for 2 people since I drink (on average) twice that much- sometimes more.

I used to drink two or three pots a day when I was on active duty.

These days, if I drink three cups a day it's a rarity...

My Dad used to drink maybe six cups a day even after he retired. He passed at 97 and could walk well and drive until he was 95. He would drink his last cup before he went to bed and still sleep. His best fun was going to a Dunkin’ Donuts to buy a donut and coffee and flirt with the counter girls. Always left a tip. He didn’t have the deep quiet and perfect night sky you describe. He was born in the Catskills mountains, though. I think he would have liked that too.

I don't drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee- it used to be advertised as the think drink- I do a lot.... of both-

but, I digress

Looks like I'm safe enough for 2 people since I drink (on average) twice that much- sometimes more.

Haha. Nice sentiment.

I drink four cups a day easily unless I'm working. I'm semi-retired now. Maybe I'm more like you as if I stay home, then I drink enough for two people.

What coffee do you drink? I never converted to keurig. Still like the french press or pour over one-cup drip system. I got the winter blend by Starbucks (really bold) and Dunkin Donuts big container, i.e. bad container, from Cotsco. Otherwise, its the smaller bags from Peets or Philz coffee.

Just discovered McLaughlin coffee in Emeryville, but suspect it sells to Grocery Outlet (Both on Hollis St.). It's got some nice beans tho.

but, I digress

Yep. I get up to drink coffee too. I roast my own beans, grind them every morning in a quality burr grinder, and brew in a French press or pour over. I’ve had the “God’s cup” a few times, but it’s elusive.

I use to drink it all day but had terrible back pain, that my worthless doctor couldn’t diagnose after many tests. My wife’s friend says to me too much coffee causes kidney pain. I cut back and pain gone. Fucking doctors.

Sadly, my wife wants a fucking Keurig.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back