I've made a major decision about my relationship with the Catholic Church

You are a satan worshipper if you set foot in a catholic church
As I said in another thread: Jesus chose twelve apostles and one went wrong. One-twelfth. There are over 1.2 billion Catholics. Going by the one-twelfth rule, don't trust one hundred million. The other billion, while still sinners, are good Catholics.

If you compare the percentage of bad priests to bad professionals in the rest of the clergy and the work force, that percentage is lower than the rest. One billion Catholics are working to make that percentage 0, or as close to it as humanly possible.

People who are irreligious, lazy and basically evil are taking great joy in making slanderous, exaggerated claims about the Church and its priests.

The "disease" manifested in about 5% of priests, and there is no verbal description that can do them (the 5%) justice. But the 95% have had to answer for their evil brethren and that is the height of unfairness. Those individuals are mainly saints in our midst, voluntarily giving up their lives in service to God's people. I can't imagine that there are more than a handful of predator priests remaining anywhere in North America.

As has been noted above, there are certain environments where child molesters seek prey: churches, boy scouts and similar organizations, choirs, schools - esp. private schools, and athletic teams. They do this secretly and take whatever measures are possible to remain under the radar, regardless of where they pitch their tent.

I personally have a difficult time understanding people who claim to have left the Church because of the conduct of an individual priest or bishop. But huge numbers of people have done so. One can only hope they have found a faith community that suits them, Catholic or otherwise.

The problem with this issue are not just in the Catholic Church.

Just last year, the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News published a devastating report of sexual abuse within the Southern Baptist Convention—the largest Protestant denomination in the United States. In the last two decades, more than 700 victims have come forward with accusations against Southern Baptist ministers, church leaders, and volunteers.

Academic investigations confirm just how normal the “crisis” appears to be. A 2004 John Jay College study of sexual abuse of minors by Catholic clergy found allegations against 4,392 priests recorded between 1950 and 2002. That number makes up 4% of the entire U.S. priesthood. Likewise, a 2018 study of child sexual abuse in Protestant congregations analyzed 326 cases that led to the arrests of purported offenders between 1999 and 2014—a small fraction of the total sample of 2,240 allegations of abuse in Protestant congregations made between 1982 and 2014.

----------------

Yes, far worse in the secular world as you can imagine. ONE DOES GET ALL OF THE ATTENTION, seemingly.

The point is the Sacraments are not and have not gone away. Those are the TRADITIONS that must be held fast to.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or

1 corinthians 11:1-2
1Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

------

Those that do these are keeping the commands of Christ and those who put them into practice are like a wise man that builds his house on a solid rock foundation. That when the winds and floods come, the foundation is sturdy enough so that the house is not washed away.

Those that don't hold fast and practice them are like a fool that builds his house on soft ground and will get washed away from the wind and floods.

These crises that are happening is TRUTH revealing and bringing to LIGHT what is done in the dark. There has always been a chastisement and many will go away and many of them weren't practicing anyway. So, it is an easy exit.

For those who were holding fast, it will be rough and the pull to leave will be strong. However, remember there are NO PERFECT INSTITUTIONS SO LONG AS SIN IS IN THE WORLD.

So, do not be deceived into thinking there are perfect denominations without any sin or history of it.
Catholics are the largest Christian group and the problem is not just the problem itself which was exposed decades ago, the problem is the Catholic refusal to address the issue which is actually a sadistic thing
Yes. It does depend on the motivations behind it, but yes. That's true. As I said, it doesn't matter the denomination and based the stats I showed if a certain denomination was as big, we would be seeing something similar.

However, there are also SAINTS during these times and THE TEMPTATION is do ignore those SAINTS.

Many, like Peter at the Last Supper love to boast that they are SAINTS. I prefer to boast that I myself am a sinner who deserves hell one thousand times over.

Not kidding. I in a lot ways believe I would have been better off never being born, like Judas. So, I have to throw myself at the mercy of God.

I do hold on to the Sacraments. Mainly the confessional. That may be pathetic or funny to many and I get it. Without it, I would be utterly lost.

Anyway, yes so long as HUMANS are running institutions, those INSTITUTIONS will have corruption. The winds and the floods.
Are the nuns fucking in the missionary position or doggie style saints.

Bo they are demons teaching children in Catholic schools while wearing no panties and flashing junior

Often times people who are insecure will attack others because they fear being rejected. So they start the fight so that they are ones doing the rejection.

It's so sad.

And it's the standard MO of Progressives Everywhere!
LOL I am a progressive now?

Who knew

Now I understand everything

You're an outlier - a nasty, disingenuous piece of work that nobody wants on their side.
Please tell me more about my progressive ideas?

You know how I am against gun rights and how I support transvestites in the little girls room like Obama does and how I want to pay for health insurance for every Mexican

Really tell us more about your delusion that I am a progressive

I said you are a nasty outlier, bub.

Learn how to read.

Often times people who are insecure will attack others because they fear being rejected. So they start the fight so that they are ones doing the rejection.

It's so sad.

Who knew

You're an outlier - a nasty, disingenuous piece of work that nobody wants on their side.

You know how I am against gun rights and how I support transvestites in the little girls room like Obama does and how I want to pay for health insurance for every Mexican

Learn how to read.
It's ok, I know that you are a cutie

CAT-AND-DOG-landscape.jpg

People who are irreligious, lazy and basically evil are taking great joy in making slanderous, exaggerated claims about the Church and its priests.

The "disease" manifested in about 5% of priests, and there is no verbal description that can do them (the 5%) justice. But the 95% have had to answer for their evil brethren and that is the height of unfairness. Those individuals are mainly saints in our midst, voluntarily giving up their lives in service to God's people. I can't imagine that there are more than a handful of predator priests remaining anywhere in North America.

As has been noted above, there are certain environments where child molesters seek prey: churches, boy scouts and similar organizations, choirs, schools - esp. private schools, and athletic teams. They do this secretly and take whatever measures are possible to remain under the radar, regardless of where they pitch their tent.

I personally have a difficult time understanding people who claim to have left the Church because of the conduct of an individual priest or bishop. But huge numbers of people have done so. One can only hope they have found a faith community that suits them, Catholic or otherwise.
bullshit --not slanderous--etc..not exaggerated
.....raping children was all over the US--then the hierarchy tried to cover it up
..we had 2 priests in my parish--and one was a molester--and that was the 70s
AND--like I said---it's made up by man = fairytales.....

It's so sad.

Who knew

Learn how to read.

[rhetorical question]Could you possibly be More Banal?[/rhetorical question]

It's so sad.

try life without a messiah if you want answers.
Anyone who would disrespect the faith of others is no friend of God.
Often times people who are insecure will attack others because they fear being rejected.
not being a friend with yours is no loss - 4th century forgeries and fallacies go only so far.

oh, and you all are just upset the orange jesus isn't quite reelected yet, don't worry they were just kidding with the pandemic sent from mt high and surly really wanted love boy to win afterall.

and the judges will see to it for the deeply religious they get their man back as soon as possible.

It's so sad.

Who knew

Learn how to read.

How am I nasty when you are defending priest banging nuns up the poop chute and fondling little boys?

Please elaborate?

Any Walmarts in shitcago burning tonight

It's so sad.

Who knew

Learn how to read.

How am I nasty when you are defending priest banging nuns up the poop chute and fondling little boys?

Please elaborate?

Read the John Jay Report and get back with me. Until then, you're just trolling. Move the fuck along. Lest you be moved on.

It's so sad.

Often times people who are insecure will attack others because they fear being rejected.
not being a friend with yours is no loss - 4th century forgeries and fallacies go only so far.

oh, and you all are just upset the orange jesus isn't quite reelected yet, don't worry they were just kidding with the pandemic sent from mt high and surly really wanted love boy to win afterall.

and the judges will see to it for the deeply religious they get their man back as soon as possible.
You have no friends.

Just last year, the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News published a devastating report of sexual abuse within the Southern Baptist Convention—the largest Protestant denomination in the United States. In the last two decades, more than 700 victims have come forward with accusations against Southern Baptist ministers, church leaders, and volunteers.

Academic investigations confirm just how normal the “crisis” appears to be. A 2004 John Jay College study of sexual abuse of minors by Catholic clergy found allegations against 4,392 priests recorded between 1950 and 2002. That number makes up 4% of the entire U.S. priesthood. Likewise, a 2018 study of child sexual abuse in Protestant congregations analyzed 326 cases that led to the arrests of purported offenders between 1999 and 2014—a small fraction of the total sample of 2,240 allegations of abuse in Protestant congregations made between 1982 and 2014.

----------------

Yes, far worse in the secular world as you can imagine. ONE DOES GET ALL OF THE ATTENTION, seemingly.

The point is the Sacraments are not and have not gone away. Those are the TRADITIONS that must be held fast to.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or

1 corinthians 11:1-2
1Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

------

Those that do these are keeping the commands of Christ and those who put them into practice are like a wise man that builds his house on a solid rock foundation. That when the winds and floods come, the foundation is sturdy enough so that the house is not washed away.

Those that don't hold fast and practice them are like a fool that builds his house on soft ground and will get washed away from the wind and floods.

These crises that are happening is TRUTH revealing and bringing to LIGHT what is done in the dark. There has always been a chastisement and many will go away and many of them weren't practicing anyway. So, it is an easy exit.

For those who were holding fast, it will be rough and the pull to leave will be strong. However, remember there are NO PERFECT INSTITUTIONS SO LONG AS SIN IS IN THE WORLD.

So, do not be deceived into thinking there are perfect denominations without any sin or history of it.
don't worry owl, never crossed my mind ...

by the way, have you considered what they all have in common - the sinners.

(* hint) - they spent a century writing it in the 4th century.

It's so sad.

Who knew

Learn how to read.

Please elaborate?

Read the John Jay Report and get back with me. Until then, you're just trolling. Move the fuck along. Lest you be moved on.
Where did you get the idea that you are in charge and issue required reading?

Or is this just another one of your grandiose delusions?

4mpU9S.jpg

It's so sad.

You have no friends.
Neither do you bub

Forum List

Back