I've Been Waiting For This For 55 Years

AGREE 100%!!!!!

the target, has his due process only once indicted...his lawyers, discovery, his witnesses, his motions to dismiss etc etc are all given after indictment, and before and during a trial....and all 12 jurors have to convict him, for him to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt... Not one can differ. Trump is presumed innocent, until found guilty...in a court of law.

Not according to Piglosi.

In any case there is no law against paying hush money. It happens all the time with celebrities. Secondly, Cohen's own lawyer testified that Cohen told him Trump had no idea what he did. Third of course is the statute of limitations. Fourth is even if he reimbursed Cohen with campaign money, it's a matter for the FEC not a local prosecutor, and even they said there is nothing there. Fifth if there was something there, it's a simple fine like Hillary and DumBama had to pay.

Now, I wonder how much of this information the GJ had? I bet none of it.

Hell, then you ought to be thrilled when Trump is released and goes on to win in 2024.
I know and his kind will be the reason it is done. They have single handedly gave the presidency to Trump. If they would've left him alone he probably would've drifted away. Hate makes you stupid.

In any case there is no law against paying hush money. It happens all the time with celebrities. Secondly, Cohen's own lawyer testified that Cohen told him Trump had no idea what he did. Third of course is the statute of limitations. Fourth is even if he reimbursed Cohen with campaign money, it's a matter for the FEC not a local prosecutor, and even they said there is nothing there. Fifth if there was something there, it's a simple fine like Hillary and DumBama had to pay.

We pay people off for congress and senate creatures all the time. If Trump goes for this they should too.

he did not reimburse him with campaign money... That was the problem, if campaign related.

If Trump reimbursed Cohen with his own money, which trump did for part of it, but if he had fully used his own money, that would have been OKAY as well, because he can contribute to his own campaign.

but if I am understanding this correctly, he used quite a bit of corporate funds from the Trump Organization, illegally claimed as fictitious reasons which avoided campaign finance rules on corporate donations and amounts, and avoided taxes....the total amount Cohen got paid to handle McDougal and Daniels was $420,000.....

Allegedly, there is documentation, and tapes, to show they conspired together to falsify business records.

he did not reimburse him with campaign money... That was the problem, if campaign related.

If Trump reimbursed Cohen with his own money, which trump did for part of it, but if he had fully used his own money, that would have been OKAY as well, because he can contribute to his own campaign.

but if I am understanding this correctly, he used quite a bit of corporate funds from the Trump Organization, illegally claimed as fictitious reasons which avoided campaign finance rules on corporate donations and amounts, and avoided taxes....the total amount Cohen got paid to handle McDougal and Daniels was $420,000.....

Allegedly, there is documentation, and tapes, to show they conspired together to falsify business records.

Okay, let's say there is any truth to that even though Cohen claimed he was never reimbursed. That's a federal election violation, not a city of New York violation. Furthermore a misdemeanor and not a felony.

Good. If they broke the law, they get charged like everyone else would.

:laughing0301:

If you've lived your last 55 years concerned about this topic, you have my sympathies. :cuckoo:

Seeing what some people say on this board is certainly enlightening as to how many fruitcakes there are out there and why we're doomed as a society.

Okay, let's say there is any truth to that even though Cohen claimed he was never reimbursed. That's a federal election violation, not a city of New York violation. Furthermore a misdemeanor and not a felony.
Bragg is using N.Y. State laws, not federal laws....N.Y. Statutes to indict, he can't indict for federal laws.

The JUDGE will reject anything that isn't legal...if bragg overstepped, he'll know it first thing, Trump lawyers will make motion to dismiss case before the trial, on multiple grounds, is my guess....

Furthermore a misdemeanor and not a felony.
Trump could have settled this out of court probably, but just didn't want to I guess? Admitting it, was too much for him perhaps.

Well, he made this bed....taking the chance that a prosecutor would not bring misdemeanor charges against him.... Well he guessed wrong....and underestimated the wheels of justice.

Donald Trump has been indicted. My new hero, the courageous D.A., Alvin Bragg, has ignored all the fatuous blather about “whether this is good for the country” or whether “it might boost Trump.” What happened is that an amoral, psychopathic scumbag and career criminal broke the law, and now he’ll be held accountable. If convicted, he’ll have to pay, just like we would.

I’ve been waiting for this moment for 55 years, since 1968. That was the year that Richard Nixon won the presidency by committing treason.

No matter what happens at this point. The toothpaste is out of the tube. Even if a Democrat is indicted in the future. Good. If they broke the law, they get charged like everyone else would.

But there will never again be a scenario, where a conservative is protected, by either the courts, the congress, loud mouth pundits, the church, or billionaire money.

Deal with it.
Because only conservatives break the law, right?

Yes. He is innocent until proven guilty. He was also indicted by a jury of his peers, based upon the evidence put before them.

And a jury of his peers will decide if he is guilty of those crimes in a court of law.

Jeb Bush, just like all other rich white conservatives, have always been able to skate by on lets let the voters decide bullshit.

Not anymore.

The only voters that will be deciding anymore, are the ones sitting on a jury.
Spare us the sanctimonious clap trap. This is reality, not the delusional world 3rd graders live in. There is nothing fair or just or honest about this legal process. It's a lynching, pure a simple.

Trump could have settled this out of court probably, but just didn't want to I guess? Admitting it, was too much for him perhaps.

Well, he made this bed....taking the chance that a prosecutor would not bring misdemeanor charges against him.... Well he guessed wrong....and underestimated the wheels of justice.
You must be joking. The DA has no intention of settling. He's running a lynching. trump did nothing but run for office.

Oh, so now the Nazis are Nazis because of Trump? Nobody asked Trump to plea anything. This fat piece of shit is trying to make a name for himself by going after Trump. Good thing it's going to backfire in his face as it already has. Yeah, Trump should just plea guilty of something he's not guilty of. Are you sure you're an American?

You must be joking. The DA has no intention of settling. He's running a lynching. trump did nothing but run for office.

Oh, so now the Nazis are Nazis because of Trump? Nobody asked Trump to plea anything. This fat piece of shit is trying to make a name for himself by going after Trump. Good thing it's going to backfire in his face as it already has. Yeah, Trump should just plea guilty of something he's not guilty of. Are you sure you're an American?
If he's not guilty, that will be known... Right now he is innocent, until proven guilty!

Forum List

Back