I've Been Shot

And being a smug, trolling, fucktard doesn't win any arguments, or persuade anyone to see things your way.

It just shows the world that you're nothing but an asshole.
Oops. You weren’t the original responder. Oh well. Still applies.

Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.
Clearly this is a lie.

People need to stop paying attention to conspiracy theories, misinformation, and lies about the pandemic and the vaccine.

You could have been fully vaccinated months ago where ongoing medial treatment wouldn’t be an issue.

Clearly this is a lie.
Clearly, Joe Biden, on record for stating he would go door to door until we are finished, is proof that it is not a lie. President Biden says his administration will take its campaign to get more people vaccinated for COVID-19 door-to-door — and there will be more emphasis on giving shots at doctors' offices. .
Read more, type less.

The issue isn't just your vulnerability to COVID now. There's also the issue of what future variants will look like. The Delta variant is now killing middle-aged people at a higher rate than the original strain. Kids are now going to the hospital because of the Delta variant. The faster everyone gets the vaccine and we get to herd immunity, the lower the probability of a much worse strain mutating.

I'm a relatively fit middle-aged guy with almost zero chance of getting hit hard by COVID. But I took the vaccine not only on the off chance it might be devastating for me, but because I'm also thinking about everyone else. The sooner we get this under control, the fewer people who will die from it. It's not just about me. It's about making sure as few people as possible get it.

I wish you the best with your medical issues.

If we simply had accelerated infection deliberately last March, we could have ended the epidemic in 2 weeks and prevented 550,000 deaths.

I had Covid back in November.

Now, whenever I ask myself if I should get the vaccine or not, I read all manner of commentary from educated medical professionals which says I should get the vaccine. The arguments made in favor of it make perfect sense, so it would seem like a no brainer to get the vaccine.

But, at the same time, I read all manner of commentary from educated medical professionals which says I should not get the vaccine. The arguments made against getting it make perfect sense, so it would seem like a no brainer to not get the vaccine.

If it was only one or two voodoo witch-doctor types on either side presenting that side's argument, it might make it easier to dismiss. But I've read too much, and discussed it with medical professionals I trust and respect, and there's simply no consensus. That, more than anything, is what's kept me from getting it thus far...
Medical professionals?
Just like any field, healthcare and medical research has it's share of contrarians that always have a tendency to go against commonly excepted medical views. I have run across a few and I stay clear of them. When you're looking for medical advice look to respective medical institutions, not just individuals. The advice they give you is going to be base on solid medical research which has been reviewed by their peers and proven in the real world. You can count on institution like the National Institute of Health, John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, and a number of organization that are regarded as best to give you the most accurate information available.

There are several irrefutable facts about the effectiveness and safety of these vaccines are. Hospital after hospital report 90%, 95%, 100% of all corvid-19 patients admitted are unvaccinated. And as far as safety, do the math. Over 340 million doses given with only 1 confirmed death due to the vaccine.

Or you could forget all the science and math and just follow the age old duck test, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Last edited:
The Delta variant is now killing middle-aged people at a higher rate than the original strain. Kids are now going to the hospital because of the Delta variant. The faster everyone gets the vaccine and we get to herd immunity, the lower the probability of a much worse strain mutating.
I question this statement as I have not seen any data that supports that the Delta variant is killing middle aged people at a higher rate than the original. Here in Arizona our numbers are rising no doubt due in part to the flood of unhealthy unvaccinated immigrants being bused in. But the death numbers are as low as they have ever been. Do you have a link?

If we simply had accelerated infection deliberately last March, we could have ended the epidemic in 2 weeks and prevented 550,000 deaths.
That is not how this virus works. I would be impossible to naturally infect enough people in two weeks to reach herd immunity or anything close to it. To reach herd immunity it would take 70% to 80% of population to be immune and that would take years without a vaccine. Anything less than 3 million dead would be a miracle and the process would take years not weeks.

Medical professionals?
Just like any field, healthcare and medical research has it's share of contrarians that always have a tendency to go against commonly excepted medical views. I have run across a few and I stay clear of them. When you're looking for medical advice look to respective medical institutions, not just individuals. The advice they give you is going to be base on solid medical research which has been reviewed by their peers and proven in the real world. You can count on institution like the National Institute of Health, John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, and a number of organization that are regarded as best to give you the most accurate information available.

There are several irrefutable facts about the effectiveness and safety of these vaccines are. Hospital after hospital report 90%, 95%, 100% of all corvid-19 patients admitted are unvaccinated. And as far as safety, do the math. Over 340 million doses given with only 1 confirmed death due to the vaccine.

Or you could forget all the science and math and just follow the age old duck test, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

You could follow this thread that is available on this board and get some CDC VAERS info. I predict that you will find a reason to discount it. But here it is. VAERS Reports Largest One-Week Increase in Deaths as New Vaccine Propaganda Plan Announced

I question this statement as I have not seen any data that supports that the Delta variant is killing middle aged people at a higher rate than the original. Here in Arizona our numbers are rising no doubt due in part to the flood of unhealthy unvaccinated immigrants being bused in. But the death numbers are as low as they have ever been. Do you have a link?
Although most cases in the US are the delta variant, there have not been that many studies in the US on this variant completed. We do know that the delta variant carries a viral load of 1000 time greater than the alpha variant. That means cases are much more likely to be more serious than those infected with the alpha variant. We also know the transmission rate is at least 7 times greater. Knowing this it would be a logical conclusion that the number of cases, hospitalization, and deaths would increase in all age groups disregarding vaccinations. Keep mind that death data lags number cases also we have two very distinct groups, vaccinated and unvaccinated which have very different data characteristics all lumped into the same statistics.

Clearly this is a lie.

Clearly it is NOT a lie. For weeks now, I've heard nothing but ATTACKS, ACCUSATIONS, and THREATS of either pending FORCE or being SHUNNING by and BARRED from society, all the way from Biddum and other officials all the way down to many people here, for simply exercising one's free choice in their own bodies as they best saw fit. Are you really that stupid that you don't think that this puts PRESSURE on people? Pressure is force. Pressure on some people to GIVE IN. Pressure on others to redouble their efforts to stand firm.

People not yet willing to get vaxxed are not to be blamed for anything, the responsibility lies with others like you to convince them it is something in their interest they should WANT to do.

In light of Covid, I'd say that Joe Biddum and the vaxxed Left have been ONE. COLOSSAL. FAILURE. I mean, if you can't convince people a vaccine is a GOOD thing in the midst of a pandemic with thousands dying, our officials have royally FUCKED UP in their most basic duty.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.

That's ok

You have been shot because you wanted to be shot.

You have free will....I have no problem with that.

In light of Covid, I'd say that Joe Biddum and the vaxxed Left have been ONE. COLOSSAL. FAILURE. I mean, if you can't convince people a vaccine is a GOOD thing in the midst of a pandemic with thousands dying, our official have royally FUCKED UP in their most basic duty.
Sure. Blame Biden for the trump vaccine.
Yes, I know that trump actually had nothing to do with the creation, he is far from a scientist, as we ALL know, but he wanted ALL the Credit, and now trump has done very little to exude confidence in the vaccine he wanted credit for, why?????

All for support from his base and to discredit Biden.
Both Political reasons, which you blame Biden for.

Clearly, Joe Biden, on record for stating he would go door to door until we are finished, is proof that it is not a lie. President Biden says his administration will take its campaign to get more people vaccinated for COVID-19 door-to-door — and there will be more emphasis on giving shots at doctors' offices. Read more, type less.

Yep, all we need now is Uncle SAM going door to door to check up on those lagging, letting them know that the government KNOWS and is watching who isn't taking their "medicine," and "reminding" them that there will be "consequences" for non-compliance.

Now you need to carry your "papers" with you or you will be barred from:
  1. Food
  2. Work
  3. Income
  4. Banking
  5. Dining
  6. Shopping
  7. Travel
  8. Government services.
Yep. No pressure there. :smoke:

I wonder if anyone ever thought of just taking the approach of making people WANT the vaccine by convincing them it is safe?

Kinda hard to do that considering this is what the two top people leading the vaccine program said about it just a few short months ago:

Those damned TRumpists! Why don't they want to take the vaccine?! :spinner:

And I won't even bring up Fauci.

Sure. Blame Biden for the trump vaccine.
The Trump Vaccine? For six months all I've listened to here was that Trump did nothing, had nothing to do with it, that it was developed all around the world far outside Trump and that Bidden is the one who got the ball rolling. Please decide which story you're sticking to.

Yes, I know that trump actually had nothing to do with the creation, he is far from a scientist, as we ALL know, but he wanted ALL the Credit, and now trump has done very little to exude confidence in the vaccine he wanted credit for, why?????
Trump was voted out of office (so we are told) before the vaccine was even available. Then he was busy getting impeached. Then Biddum said there was no vaccine available until he got into office. Now you want to blame Trump for a failure for something that didn't even exist until a few short weeks before he left the WH?

Both Political reasons, which you blame Biden for.
I blame Joe for what he said last year telling people not to trust the vaccine. I blame Fauci for constantly flip-flopping stories. And I blame Bidden now because the vax rollout is HIS responsibility.

Joe's in charge, remember?

Clearly it is NOT a lie. For weeks now, I've heard nothing but ATTACKS, ACCUSATIONS, and THREATS of either pending FORCE or being SHUNNING by and BARRED from society, all the way from Biddum and other officials all the way down to many people here, for simply exercising one's free choice in their own bodies as they best saw fit. Are you really that stupid that you don't think that this puts PRESSURE on people? Pressure is force. Pressure on some people to GIVE IN. Pressure on others to redouble their efforts to stand firm.

People not yet willing to get vaxxed are not to be blamed for anything, the responsibility lies with others like you to convince them it is something in their interest they should WANT to do.

In light of Covid, I'd say that Joe Biddum and the vaxxed Left have been ONE. COLOSSAL. FAILURE. I mean, if you can't convince people a vaccine is a GOOD thing in the midst of a pandemic with thousands dying, our officials have royally FUCKED UP in their most basic duty.
It would help their case if there was an actual pandemic, but I worked in an ER for the whole of this bullshit up until a couple months ago, and no matter what the TV kept saying, I never saw all these hordes of sick and dying people.

Forum List

Back