I've Been Shot

That seems counter-intuitive, and when I got the shot yesterday, my pharmacist who knows more about anatomy than any doctor I know told me to be alert for a closing of the lungs, difficulty breathing. But none of that ever happened.

I appreciate that but, it was my understanding that there is no dead virus in the injection. It actually introduces a messenger into your RNA sequences which makes it hard for the virus spike proteins to perform as needed to infect and replicate.

Ok, you are talking about a pharmacist compared to someone that works with DNA.

"For some people, the second dose in a COVID-19 vaccine series is causing a stronger reaction and more side effects than the initial dose. The same was true during clinical trials."

"Why are some people more likely to experience side effects after the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine?

When you take two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, the first dose is the first time for your body to see the spike protein that the COVID-19 vaccines produce, and your body begins to develop an immune response. But that happens slowly. Then when you come back with a second dose, your body is ready to attack it. Your body is primed by that first dose of vaccine. The second vaccine dose goes into your body, starts to make that spike protein, and your antibodies jump on it and rev up your immune system response. It's kind of like they've studied for the test. And it's acing the test."

You can trust your pharmacist for some things...

There is not a single word I could type to persuade any right winger.
You guys have told me this many times

My entire points was this……..

You got the shot but still don’t believe in it.

Your words.

I encourage ALL to get the vaccine yet you accused me of not wanting people to get the vaccine. It’s just weird why you took this approach
Us guys? Sometimes it isn't what you do to persuade another, but rather what you can do that DISSUADES others.

And not believe in it? If I didn't believe in its efficacy, I wouldn't have bothered. What I don't believe in is the way our government has made a political and media mockery of the whole event, and whether the vaccine was safe enough to take. And as time went on, we heard more and more potential dangers. I finally decided the risks were small enough and the reward in it hopefully helping me get some things done that I absolutely need to get done that I've been prevented from doing over most of the year due to Covid Stupidity and Fears run rampant through a mostly ignorant society (including some of the medical community) outweighed the uncertainties.

Thats what you just claimed. Look its good you feel like you can come out as being a homosexual but its not a big deal anymore. Stop derailing the thread trying to inform everyone that you are gay.
I'm not.

But my friend and fellow Heathen R, is...... he'd find you to be a wussy little bitch, too, just like I do.

How does that feel, knowing that you lack manhood to the point that even the gay guys are disgusted with you?

You and me both. Funny what you say about the video visit----- last September, I was supposed to go see an orthopedic surgeon and they tried that video crap with me. How are you supposed to examine a patient for serious, invasive surgery that you've never even met before over a video link?!

Good thing I cancelled the visit, in part because that was right when the Covid thing started getting serious again rather than continue to fade away and I decided no way was I going into a hopital to get cut under those conditions, and it didn't help that my PCP failed to send the doctor my medical records despite calling them three times to do it!
I fired my doctor in Houston over that nonsense and found one that isn't an hysterical idiot out here in the country.

ABSOLUTELY. I have several friends in the medical field that have been telling me that for a LONG time! It will take several years to realize that these blue-state-led shutdowns cost us far more than anything the virus ever could have done to us.
Working in the coffee shop across the street from a hospital doesn’t count as being in “the medical field”. :)

I took the pfizer vaccine months ago and despite what all the crackpot fear mongerers and anti-vaxxers have to say it was a good decision and have had no side effects whatsoever. The sad truth is that there are too many people that listen to these purveyors of lies and get critically sick or die as a consequence. Good for you that you saw through the lies.

As long as Hannity said it was OK to get vaccinated, it must be OK.
We wouldn’t want to do any thinking for ourself now would we.
Speak for yourself. I wouldn't have any idea what Hannity says, I don't even particularly like the guy and haven't paid for Fox since about 2015.

Working in the coffee shop across the street from a hospital doesn’t count as being in “the medical field”. :)
And being a smug, trolling, fucktard doesn't win any arguments, or persuade anyone to see things your way.

It just shows the world that you're nothing but an asshole.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.
As a self described “not a young man” I assume you have a small pox, polio, mumps, rubella, measles, tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis vaccines? What’s one more? Gods job.

I'm not a young guy anymore and I have some serious health issues that SHOULD have been addressed a YEAR ago!---- in the hospital with tests and/or maybe surgeries. This whole thing with Covid just drags on and on. I'm afraid that it is placing me in a rather sticky widget where:
  1. I will be forced around doctors, offices and hospital facilities soon whether I want to or not, the LAST place I want to be, and get Covid from them.
  2. I will be discriminated against, denied, shunned or persecuted for NOT getting the vaccine.
Clearly, people are being FORCED to make decisions against their better judgement, and there are a great many concerns, questions and doubts about Covid and the vax.

It's a personal decision that no one has proven affects others that every person ought to be FREE to make. But I didn't feel very free.

It's not that Covid isn't real, just that the risks have been politically exaggerated. It's not that the vax doesn't help or work, just that you are being asked to take something that HAS caused many to get very ill, isn't even approved by the FDA and which you have no legal recourse if it hurts you.

I finally went to see my doctor the other day for the first time in over a year because it could not be avoided. I resolved that it was counterproductive to expose myself to places where sick people were going in and out the door 50 times a day and either was exposing myself to a potential Covid infection that under my circumstances might be a serious event for me, or expose myself to growing friction, discrimination, frustration, scorn and obstinance from doctors, medical staff and society in general.

The nurse at my doctors office insisted I get the 15 minute antigen Covid test. She sneered when I told her it was a waste of time that I couldn't possibly have Covid. And the results indeed came back negative. I told her I could have told her that with my eyes closed. She sneered again. They made me wear a stupid cheap mask while there and I wonder if my test had come back positive whether my doctor would have refused me treatment for being sick? :smoke: Everyone's an irrational asshole these days.

So I relented and called my pharmacist buddy up and told him I wanted the shot. So I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday.

I had to fill out papers essentially giving away all my rights. I rationalized that if I haven't gotten sick from Covid yet, I probably never will, and if the Vaccine hasn't hurt most people, it wouldn't likely hurt me, and mostly nothing ever bothers me. I'm generally as tough as dried leather. I don't like any of this but I know when one is fighting against diminished returns.

I was told the shot would leave my arm sore, that if I had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it would come on near immediately, and to hang around for 15 minutes before driving. I had the pharmacist come out and give me the shot as I waiting in the parking lot in my car.

I rationalized that if nothing else, it would free my life up a bit and make things easier with one thing left not to worry about.

Nothing at all happened in my 15 minute wait there, but by last night, my arm where I got the shot was indeed sore. Like I had gotten a knuckle punch there. Other than that, I'm fine.

So that's it. I still feel Covid is a huge political football with questions of its origins and how last year was handled that beg to be answered, and I don't like getting the Covid shot at all, but I felt I had to make the best decision for myself and take my chances. I'm probably at low risk to get the virus now (more so in a month to six weeks) and probably at a low risk to get ill from the vaccine.

But I also felt that it would be dishonest and hypocritical not to admit getting it. But I'm in no way advocating for the shot, each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.

I don't glow under UV light and I haven't sprouted a third head. But that doesn't make what has gone on for the past 16 months OK, neither.

More power to you whatever your decision. May you not get Covid or have a bad reaction to the vaxx whether you decide to get the shot or not. If I were ten years younger and in better health not likely to soon be at ground zero with doctors and hospitals, there is no way I would have ever agreed to get the vaccine.
You would be more likely to win the Powerball Lottery than die from the vaccine.

As more people become infected and die, you should expect to be shunned, denied services, asked for your proof of vaccine to enter. Just as it is your right to say no to a vaccine, it is their right to protect themselves, their workers and customers. I'm seeing more and more restaurants and bars asking for proof of vaccination to enter. Many businesses are asking their employees to either show proof of vaccination or weekly covid tests. Cruise ships are asking for proof of vaccination to board.

And being a smug, trolling, fucktard doesn't win any arguments, or persuade anyone to see things your way.

It just shows the world that you're nothing but an asshole.
Just kidding. Geez. You were just so cagey about it. Most medical professionals were entirely for social distancing and masks. The right wing cry about shut downs is a red herring.

Ok, you are talking about a pharmacist compared to someone that works with DNA.

"For some people, the second dose in a COVID-19 vaccine series is causing a stronger reaction and more side effects than the initial dose. The same was true during clinical trials."

"Why are some people more likely to experience side effects after the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine?

When you take two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, the first dose is the first time for your body to see the spike protein that the COVID-19 vaccines produce, and your body begins to develop an immune response. But that happens slowly. Then when you come back with a second dose, your body is ready to attack it. Your body is primed by that first dose of vaccine. The second vaccine dose goes into your body, starts to make that spike protein, and your antibodies jump on it and rev up your immune system response. It's kind of like they've studied for the test. And it's acing the test."

You can trust your pharmacist for some things...

Well, my pharmacist doesn't just make stuff up, he is getting everything he knows from the CDC and DNA experts, I'm not disagreeing with you. It just seems counter-intuitive. And about six other friends of mine are in the medical field or married to someone who is, plus my first interest in life was medicine. So I'm generally pretty versed in the topic.

I remember my phara buddy saying something about flu symptoms and maybe he was referring to the second shot. That's a month away. If anything serious happens, I'll be posting it here.

I waited a day to create this thread because I didn't want to post it right away then a day later eat my words getting sick.

I took the pfizer vaccine months ago and despite what all the crackpot fear mongerers and anti-vaxxers have to say it was a good decision and have had no side effects whatsoever. The sad truth is that there are too many people that listen to these purveyors of lies and get critically sick or die as a consequence. Good for you that you saw through the lies.
I appreciate that but I'm not sure I saw through any lies, but simply weighed all of the claims on both sides and the benefits statistically outweighed the potential risks AFAICT. I'd wish I had more of these "lies" nailed down as definitely true or false, but I simply ran out of time and can't afford to keep my life on hold any longer and getting vaccinated will hopefully ease some of that inertia.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Well, my pharmacist doesn't just make stuff up, he is getting everything he knows from the CDC and DNA experts, I'm not disagreeing with you. It just seems counter-intuitive. And about six other friends of mine are in the medical field or married to someone who is, plus my first interest in life was medicine. So I'm generally pretty versed in the topic.

I remember my phara buddy saying something about flu symptoms and maybe he was referring to the second shot. That's a month away. If anything serious happens, I'll be posting it here.

I waited a day to create this thread because I didn't want to post it right away then a day later eat my words getting sick.

I dealt with the symptoms, and I would say over 50% of the people I know that took the Moderna shots said the same thing. I was just giving you a heads up, so in case you could set your schedule around it possibly happening. I would say the best thing to do is to get the second shot the day before you have a day off from work. It makes your whole body ache, some sniffles, and the chills. If you don't get those you are lucky.

I appreciate that but I'm not sure I saw through any lies, but simply weighed all of the claims on both sides and the benefits statistically outweighed the potential risks AFAICT. I'd wish I had more of these "lies" nailed down as definitely true or false, but I simply ran out of time and can't afford to keep my life on hold any longer and getting vaccinated will hopefully ease some of that inertia.
Just the mere act of thinking for yourself is a good thing. You are the only Drumpf supporter I have seen that is able to do that. Its like a miracle.

You would be more likely to win the Powerball Lottery than die from the vaccine.
And people +85 years old are still 700% more likely to die of other causes than Covid.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 11.29.58 AM.png

As more people become infected and die,
We already have (allegedly) 600,000 Covid dead. The deaths are supposed to be waning. The vaccinated are protected. Only the un-vaxxed are at risk. Why are now more and more people still dying?

you should expect to be shunned, denied services, asked for your proof of vaccine to enter. Just as it is your right to say no to a vaccine, it is their right to protect themselves, their workers and customers. I'm seeing more and more restaurants and bars asking for proof of vaccination to enter. Many businesses are asking their employees to either show proof of vaccination or weekly covid tests. Cruise ships are asking for proof of vaccination to board.
They can all go suck my ass. I'm not carrying my "card" (its laying on the front seat of my car right now) and I'm not showing it to anyone. If my word (or the official covid database the government is now building on everyone) isn't good enough for anyone, they can all go suck my ass.

each person must look at their individual circumstance and make that decision for THEMSELVES.
I agree, but have empathy for you and the way you were FORCED to have a vaccine that you didn't want. I also am of a certain age and have had the virus. I have visited my doctor and after hearing that I was not going to get it, all of a sudden I was in "remarkable" shape and he doesn't want to see me again for a year in spite of my heart condition. I say screw it. I'm going to take my chances, but I can understand your point. Good Luck.

I would say the best thing to do is to get the second shot the day before you have a day off from work.
Thank you but I'm retired.

It makes your whole body ache, some sniffles, and the chills. If you don't get those you are lucky.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for that. Fortunately, my whole body already aches, etc., so the symptoms might go unnoticed or turn out to be one of my better days! Can't wait to find out. :SMILEW~130:

Forum List

Back