It's unlikely the Challenger passengers died in the explosion.

Evidence shows they died when they when the aircraft hit the water
at 200+ mph.

Where were you January 28th 1986 ?

Well, they DID die BECAUSE of the explosion. So unfortunately, your post AND your point ARE pretty pointless. This info just makes it worse for the survivors and loved ones of those who perished in the explosion. It means that those aboard Challenger had to suffer LONGER before they died.

I had just started a job eight days earlier. Out on lunch break, I noticed a newspaper vending machine displaying a headline about the space shuttle exploding. On returning to my office, I asked my boss to let me turn on the radio to some news, to find out what had happened.

That job lasted, l off and on, until 2002, when I was finally laid off for the last time. I started my next job in February of 2003. Less than a week later, the Space Shuttle Columbia exploded. That job only lasted about six months. As I left that job, I told my now-former-coworkers that when another Space Shuttle explodes, that will probably mean that I've found another job.

at 200+ mph.

Well, they DID die BECAUSE of the explosion. So unfortunately, your post AND your point ARE pretty pointless. This info just makes it worse for the survivors and loved ones of those who perished in the explosion. It means that those aboard Challenger had to suffer LONGER before they died.

Chill out dude.
The family knows the truth probably.

at 200+ mph.

Chill out dude.
The family knows the truth probably.

Probably so. But why increase their grief if they DIDN'T know? I, for one, sincerely hope they perished immediately.

at 200+ mph.

They probably did die in the explosion. Even if they didn't, consider this: At zero feet altitude and a temperature at 59 degrees F, the air pressure is 29.92 inches.

The Challenger was at 46,000 feet when it went Kaboom. The air pressure would only be 6.1 inches and the temperature would be minus 70 degrees.

That would suck. At that altitude, the blood starts to boil.

Like this thread will not end up in fail.
What color were Christa McAuliffe's eyes?

Blue! One blew that way, and one blew the other way

I actually saw that live.
Not the greatest moment in history.

I was in Michigan having lunch with a bunch of coworkers, when the small analog TV over the bar gave us the news. The restaurant got very quiet.

I was asleep after a graveyard shift ... housemate woke me up and told me ... so I got up in time to see the pieces still falling into the water ...

That launch had had many delays, weeks behind schedule ... and Reagan's State-of-the-Union address that night ... Morton-Thiokol engineers said minimum air temperature for launch was 59ºF, M-T administrators thought 25ºF was okay and signed off ... was there pressure from the White House to get that bird flying for the President's Big Speech that night? ... we'll never know for sure, but I have to wonder why no one will ask that question ...

I thought it had been long established the astronauts survived the explosion and died either on the way down or on impact with the water ... this news is 30 years old ... more breaking news: George "Read My Lips" Bush XLI raised taxes ... The Oakland A's sweep the San Francisco Giants 4 games to none in the 1989 World "Shake Your Booty" Series ... oh, and Mt St Helens erupted complaining that all them postcards of her and she never got a dime of royalities ...

at 200+ mph.

I remember the incident well. A friend of mine was working for a NASA subcontractor and gave me a 200 page print out of the findings behind the event. That is what happens when political optics overtakes engineering reasoning-- -- -- folks there were screaming bloody murder not to launch that day because of the cold weather making the o-ring too stiff to contain the seal but they would not listen. You can be sure some, most or all of those people were alive and probably awake when they hit the water. I'm really surprised there was no system in place to eject the crew module with a release parachute to float them back safely to the surface.

This is news ?

Supposedly, they found that someone in the back seats had activated the oxygen for the those in the front.

Forum List

Back