It’s Time to Stop Rationalizing and Enabling Evangelical Vaccine Rejection

Explain what is "not okay" about it. You idiots can still have your cults and bimbos. You still can choose your own path, but many of us aren't on the same one. You still remain free to kiss frankie graham's ass or something. Just leave the rest out of your little love nest.

Yep. Not okay

Last edited:
From conservative David French.

An excerpt:

It’s Time to Stop Rationalizing and Enabling Evangelical Vaccine Rejection

There is no religious liberty interest in refusing the COVID vaccine.

As we approach nine months of vaccine availability and nine months of flood-the-zone coverage of vaccine safety and efficacy, it is clear that much (though certainly not all) of our remaining refusal problem is not one of information but one of moral formation itself. The very moral framework of millions of our fellow citizens—the way in which they understand the balance between liberty and responsibility—is gravely skewed.

To understand the skew, it’s first necessary to understand the proper balance, and while we have vaccine endorsements from Christian leaders from across the Catholic/Protestant spectrum, we also have guidance from church fathers—individuals who no one can claim have caved to some “establishment” or are motivated by supposed invites to mythical beltway “cocktail parties.” For example, read these famous words from Martin Luther, written during a plague in his own time:

The balance is clear. It is incumbent on the Christian to take care of themselves, including by taking medicine “in order not to become contaminated” (a nice definition of a vaccine before vaccines were invented). To the extent that he or she takes risks, those risks should be on behalf of others. As a person created in the image of God, taking care of yourself is an independent good. Taking care of yourself so that you can care for others is an even nobler good.

Christian vaccine refusal not only rejects self-care, it enhances risks to innocent and vulnerable neighbors. Even vaccinated people can catch relatively rare breakthrough cases. And every person—regardless of vaccination status—is vulnerable to the strains placed on a region’s hospitals when COVID runs rampant.

I also fear that the relentless right-wing political focus on religious liberty has obscured two realities—that our liberties have limits when they collide with the rights of others, and that the exercise of our liberty carries with it profound moral responsibility.

The state has no constitutional right to make someone ingest/inject anything into their body.......this nation is becoming more and more like 1930s Nazi Germany. The "rights" of others end at the threshold of MY RIGHTS. The only method to criminalize the rejection of medical treatment is to prove criminal intent on those who reject the treatment.....there is no malice intended and most certainly no crime against humanity other than from the politicians who freely allowed this manufactured disease to spread unchecked around the globe before taking any type of administrative action.

Now to blame the free citizens of this republic for the failures of those supposedly in charge is typical of a fascist mindset.

They allowed this virus to go unchecked for one reason........"never allow a good crisis to go to waste"........they used it as an excuse to keep people physically away from the voting machines so they could manipulate the mail in votes.

Evangelicals make up their religion as they go along for political reasons, as does the Catholic Church. Never a dull moment in what they will make up next. Now it's that the Supreme Being doesn't want you to get vaccinated and wear a mask. Neither of these "faiths" have come close to identifying with the life, teachings, and examples of the person they say is their "savior." A good friend of mine told me two nights ago that she thought that the obsession of these two faiths with the bloody tortuous manner of Jesus' death satisfied a psycho-sexual impulse. I can't disagree. His teachings certainly never took hold.
When has the Catholic Church said not to wear a mask?

The state has no constitutional right to make someone ingest/inject anything into their body.......this nation is becoming more and more like 1930s Nazi Germany. The "rights" of others end at the threshold of MY RIGHTS. The only method to criminalize the rejection of medical treatment is to prove criminal intent on those who reject the treatment.....there is no malice intended and most certainly no crime against humanity other than from the politicians who freely allowed this manufactured disease to spread unchecked around the globe before taking any type of administrative action.

Now to blame the free citizens of this republic for the failures of those supposedly in charge is typical of a fascist mindset.

They allowed this virus to go unchecked for one reason........"never allow a good crisis to go to waste"........they used it as an excuse to keep people physically away from the voting machines so they could manipulate the mail in votes.
Nutz

Nro
Establishment central
[...]
You forgot the one, just over a year ago, when this prodigy declared "If we can just get everyone to wear a mask, this whole thing will be over by winter"
HospitalizationsUSA-WithNotes.png

liberty is being allowed your thoughts, opinions and beliefs without apology or explanation to anyone.

Let's apply the article's reasoning about this "vaccine" (actually not a vaccine, but a gene therapy treatment) to another topic: mental disorders. Some facts:

1) 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
2) mental disorders have historically been associated with malfunctions of the brain tissue
3) Our prison system is full of people, many have mental disorders that went undetected before they committed a crime

According to the theory:

1) Refusing self-care of the recommended type is "anti-Christian"
2) Refusing the recommended treatment is a violation of your moral obligations in order to have liberty

Well, my friends, the treatment is here!

A lobotomy, or leucotomy, [is] a form of psychosurgery, a neurosurgical treatment of a mental disorder that involves severing connections in the brain's prefrontal cortex.[2] Most of the connections to and from the prefrontal cortex, the anterior part of the frontal lobes of the brain, are severed. It was used for treating mental disorders and occasionally other conditions as a mainstream procedure in some Western countries for more than two decades, despite general recognition of frequent and serious side effects. Some patients improved in some ways after the operation, but complications and impairments – sometimes severe – were frequent. The procedure was controversial from its initial use, in part due to the balance between benefits and risks. [...]

The originator of the procedure, Portuguese neurologist António Egas Moniz, shared the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine of 1949 for the "discovery of the therapeutic value of leucotomy in certain psychoses",[n 1] although the awarding of the prize has been subject to controversy.[5]

Your theory concludes that everyone with a mental disorder should get a lobotomy in order to protect our liberty.

Hmm. Can you at least see that medical opinions about the "efficacy" of any given treatment change over time?

I actually thank God we have this new technology available, and I recommend anyone at risk should probably get it after being informed about all the known risks to date. But maybe we should wait and see what happens in real life before we force every single living person to take this treatment.

Last edited:
Let's apply the article's reasoning about this "vaccine" (actually not a vaccine, but a gene therapy treatment) to another topic: mental disorders. Some facts:

1) 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
2) mental disorders have historically been associated with malfunctions of the brain tissue

According to the theory:

1) Refusing self-care of the recommended type is "anti-Christian"
2) Refusing the recommended treatment is a violation of your moral obligations in order to have liberty

Well, my friends, the treatment is here!

Your theory concludes that everyone with a mental disorder should get a lobotomy in order to protect our liberty.

Hmm. Can you at least see that medical opinions about the "efficacy" of any given treatment change over time?

I actually thank God we have this new technology available, and I recommend anyone at risk should probably get it after being informed about all the known risks to date. But maybe we should wait and see what happens in real life before we force every single living person to take this treatment.
That's reasonable and rational if you believe that the vaccination drive is all about medicine which it is not. The drive to get everyone on board with vaccination is a trial experiment in crowd control. Believe me when I tell you the powers that be are watching and taking notes.... making corrections to their approaches... demphasizing the things that don't work and re-emphasizing the things that do as they continue to develop what they see as a necessary tool for total control of the population. When you look at it that way it suddenly makes sense.... Looking at it from the standpoint of medicine alone it makes no sense and that is why.

Jo

That's because you only listen to the Democrat approved messengers. You dont know what you dont know
What are the GOPer doctors saying, tell me what I don't know and neither do you, all you know is lies and BS from alt truther media vaccine research.

476739.jpg

Forum List

Back