It’s Time to Stop Rationalizing and Enabling Evangelical Vaccine Rejection

What about those that object to it based on scientific reasons?

What about it?
Wouldn't that be better than basing it on conspiracy theories and chinese involvement?

Let the godbotherers perish. Who'll miss those kiddy fiddling fraudulent charlatans.

That's just a ploy to turn one American against another. If the vax really worked, you would have nothing to fear.
You don't know much about vaccines.

Definition of vaccine. 1 : a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease.

You don't know much about vaccines.

Definition of vaccine. 1 : a preparation that is administered (as by injection) to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific infectious agent or disease.
what I do know is that if it doesn't work, I'm not going to put all the rest of what comes with it into my body. There are tons of people who took the vax that have covid-19 and in the hospital now.

what I do know is that if it doesn't work, I'm not going to put all the rest of what comes with it into my body. There are tons of people who took the vax that have covid-19 and in the hospital now.
Really?
Like I said, you have no idea how vaccines work.
Nut jobs seem to think they are.
They aren't a cure, unless vaccinated people suppress a host for the virus, because they become immune.

There are far more unvaccinated people in the hospital, than not.

"I'm not going to put all the rest of what comes with it into my body".
So, do you REALLY know what is in that horse dewormer?

Don't need a horse dewormer when you can get pure Ivermectin through a pharmacy.
Sure you can.
That's even more expensive.

Ivermectin- 1 tablet a day.
5 day supply- $22.65
30 day supply- $128.40

Retail not including the doctor's prescription, refills, etc.

From conservative David French.

An excerpt:

It’s Time to Stop Rationalizing and Enabling Evangelical Vaccine Rejection

There is no religious liberty interest in refusing the COVID vaccine.

As we approach nine months of vaccine availability and nine months of flood-the-zone coverage of vaccine safety and efficacy, it is clear that much (though certainly not all) of our remaining refusal problem is not one of information but one of moral formation itself. The very moral framework of millions of our fellow citizens—the way in which they understand the balance between liberty and responsibility—is gravely skewed.

To understand the skew, it’s first necessary to understand the proper balance, and while we have vaccine endorsements from Christian leaders from across the Catholic/Protestant spectrum, we also have guidance from church fathers—individuals who no one can claim have caved to some “establishment” or are motivated by supposed invites to mythical beltway “cocktail parties.” For example, read these famous words from Martin Luther, written during a plague in his own time:

The balance is clear. It is incumbent on the Christian to take care of themselves, including by taking medicine “in order not to become contaminated” (a nice definition of a vaccine before vaccines were invented). To the extent that he or she takes risks, those risks should be on behalf of others. As a person created in the image of God, taking care of yourself is an independent good. Taking care of yourself so that you can care for others is an even nobler good.

Christian vaccine refusal not only rejects self-care, it enhances risks to innocent and vulnerable neighbors. Even vaccinated people can catch relatively rare breakthrough cases. And every person—regardless of vaccination status—is vulnerable to the strains placed on a region’s hospitals when COVID runs rampant.

I also fear that the relentless right-wing political focus on religious liberty has obscured two realities—that our liberties have limits when they collide with the rights of others, and that the exercise of our liberty carries with it profound moral responsibility.

I'm an atheist and I REJECT these faux vaccines based on the science.

I'm an atheist and I REJECT these faux vaccines based on the science.
I agree. Let's take a look at some of the science. First, seventy-eight percent of Democrats believe that 20% of all those who get Covid, will be hospitalized. In fact, forty-eight percent of Democrats believe that fifty percent of those who get Covid will require hospitalization. The actual number of those hospitalized: Depending on age group, underlying conditions 1%-5% of Covid cases are hospitalized.

Next, the efficacy of Covid vaccines (admitted by Pharmaceuticals) is far less than natural immunity.

Question for those who believe in vaccinations and masks: If you believe both these protect you, why the concern over those not vaccinated and not wearing masks?

The unanswered questions about Covid have to do with the outliers. For example, most healthy adults recover without a problem. So why does the very rare death from Covid occur in a healthy adult when everyone else recovers? Why aren't we given information on that?

Why are government and news medial happy to let so many believe that 50% of people who come down with Covid are in the hospital--and even more believe that 20% are in the hospital?

The reason I will not get the vaccination is that I have a history of adverse reactions to any vaccination; one sip of any kind of alcohol, I feel the effects; same with over-the-counter medications. I even feel a bit lightheaded with aspirin. Went through natural childbirth because of this. In the same way, I am fine with getting Covid naturally. According to statistics, I have a 2% chance of being hospitalized and my natural immunity would then give me far better protection from future cases than a vaccination. I am going with this science.

Note to mask-wearers: Stop insisting I breathe my own waste, endure splitting headaches or go around feeling all lightheaded. Wear your mask if you you are convinced it protects you. Those of us who live healthier lives without masks--leave us be. We know what we are doing.

Sure you can.
That's even more expensive.

Ivermectin- 1 tablet a day.
5 day supply- $22.65
30 day supply- $128.40

Retail not including the doctor's prescription, refills, etc.
Why in gods name would you take it every day? The standard is one treatment every 3 to 6 months. That's all it takes to reduce the likelihood of getting symptomatic COVID-19 by 75% in the first month. Stop spreading misinformation.

Why in gods name would you take it every day? The standard is one treatment every 3 to 6 months. That's all it takes to reduce the likelihood of getting symptomatic COVID-19 by 75% in the first month. Stop spreading misinformation.
That's what the label said, not me.
The label also stated ivermectin should be taken as needed.
Dosage is determined by body weight, also.

'The standard is one treatment every 3 to 6 months'.
YES, it is.

The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.

Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic medication. Ivermectin works by binding to invertebrate muscle and nerve cells of parasites, causing paralysis and death of parasites. Ivermectin is active against the non-adult form of Onchocerca volvulus. Ivermectin is also active against the intestinal activity of Strongyloides stercoralis. The FDA approved ivermectin in November 1996.
  • Ivermectin is used for intestinal infection caused by Strongyloides stercoralis. (roundworm)
  • Ivermectin is also used for infections caused by a non-adult form of Onchocerca volvulus. (roundworm- river blindness)
  • Off-label use includes treatments for head lice, blepharitis, and filariasis.

• For oral dosage form (tablets):
    • For river blindness:
      • Adults and teenagers—Dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. The usual dose is 150 micrograms (mcg) per kilogram (kg) (68 mcg per pound) of body weight as a single dose. The treatment may be repeated every three to twelve months.
      • For strongyloidiasis:
        • Adults and teenagers—Dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. The usual dose is 200 micrograms (mcg) per kilogram (kg) (91 mcg per pound) of body weight as a single dose. Additional doses usually are not needed.

Forum List

Back