It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realize the source, only our religious zealot would want such a thing. It's not going to gain an traction in Congress, and even if it does it would meet with strong resistance by the majority of our Representatives. Deep down all of them understand that they represent all of the people not just some of the people which would be what they would be doing if they went for this stupid idea.

The problem is that the worse the political system (FPTP for example) makes it EASIER for these people to get what they want.

NFBW wrote: All the founders were wrong and the Trump loving Catholic that you say you are is right . . No Thanks . . How dare you attack my country as horrible due to your perceived lack of sufficiently dominant American religion in our culture - militant Catholicism and white Evangelical Protestant nationalistic book burning Trumpism - No thanks

Our founders saw the horror and calamity of your brand of Christianity in Europe and were so horrified by it they designed a government to protect every free mind from the greatest calamity to mankind that had obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."
Anti-Catholic founding fathers “”” "Is there any instance of a Roman Catholic monarchy of five and 20 million at once converted into a free and rational people?" he once asked Dr. Joseph Priestley, a philosopher and Francophile.​
"No, I know of no instance like it." Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote, "This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."​
It's hard to recognize freedom's champion in this letter to his wife Abigail in which he describes a visit to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Philadelphia. His pen dripping with contempt and pity, Adams catalogues the repellant customs: "The poor wretches fingering their beads, chanting Latin, not a word of which they understood, Their holy Water--their Crossing themselves perpetually--their Bowing to the Name of Jesus, whererever they hyertit--their Bowings, and Kneelings, and Genuflections before the Altar." JA-antiCatholic-01 “””​

Last edited:
You are right, the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution says that everyone in the United States has the right according to the dictates of their conscience to practice his or her own religion, or no religion at all.

Therefore in the Christian dominated culture in which the Constitution was written, every citizen was established to be free to practice Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism or most importantly no religion at all.

That is why there is no way you should ever say that America was founded as a Christian Nation unless you choose to ignore the Constitution of the United States of America.

How about America was founded as a freedom of conscience nation

Lets repeat: “in the Christian dominated culture in which the Constitution was written, every citizen was established to be free to practice Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism or most importantly no religion at all. ”

That is precisely true. The framers of the constitution were very clear about being neutral to any and all religious views. They were clear about government not meddling in religion. It's completely unnecessary for others to re-write the constitution in an attempt to impose their religious views.

The framers of the constitution had direct experience with the conditions in the original 13 colonies wherein the various sects, subsects and subdivisions of Christianity were at odds with one-another. In many respects, the original colonialists were models of Christian hate, intolerance and religious divisions.

The framers of the constitution knew all too well the totalitarian nature of religions which is why they specifically designed a constitution that forbid the government from endorsing or favoring any one religion and more importantly, required the government to be removed from decision making in ones personal choice of religion or no religion.

Another reason to make the US a Christian nation, or even a Catholic nation:
Perseverance.

Just some suggested reading for you Mashmont / Please visit that thread and maybe have some comments.

The problem is that the worse the political system (FPTP for example) makes it EASIER for these people to get what they want.
I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. Living in fear is not a good way to live. It hurts you, it just isn't worth it.

All we need is every religious freak of every different religion fighting amongst themselves in this country that happens enough in countries that don't know any better. We are not a third world nation.
That's right. All the religions should step aside and default power to the atheists, according to you. You people like it JUST the way it is, with the atheists calling the shots.

I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it. Living in fear is not a good way to live. It hurts you, it just isn't worth it.
Who lives in fear? Devout Christians don't. Fear is the opposite of love. "Worry is a form of atheism" - Fulton J. Sheen

NFBW wrote: All the founders were wrong and the Trump loving Catholic that you say you are is right . . No Thanks . . How dare you attack my country as horrible due to your perceived lack of sufficiently dominant American religion in our culture - militant Catholicism and white Evangelical Protestant nationalistic book burning Trumpism - No thanks

Our founders saw the horror and calamity of your brand of Christianity in Europe and were so horrified by it they designed a government to protect every free mind from the greatest calamity to mankind that had obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."
Anti-Catholic founding fathers “”” "Is there any instance of a Roman Catholic monarchy of five and 20 million at once converted into a free and rational people?" he once asked Dr. Joseph Priestley, a philosopher and Francophile.​
"No, I know of no instance like it." Writing to Jefferson in 1816 about a recent revival of the Catholic order of the Jesuits, Adams wrote, "This Society has been a greater Calamity to Mankind than the French Revolution or Napoleans Despotism or Ideology. It has obstructed the Progress of Reformation and the Improvements of the human Mind in Society much longer and more fatally."​
It's hard to recognize freedom's champion in this letter to his wife Abigail in which he describes a visit to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Philadelphia. His pen dripping with contempt and pity, Adams catalogues the repellant customs: "The poor wretches fingering their beads, chanting Latin, not a word of which they understood, Their holy Water--their Crossing themselves perpetually--their Bowing to the Name of Jesus, whererever they hyertit--their Bowings, and Kneelings, and Genuflections before the Altar." JA-antiCatholic-01 “””​
So you're saying these guys knew atheism would be the default and did this intentionally? I don't buy it, but it would be just another reason to make the change. Atheism devastates any society which subscribes to it, as we have seen in history.

Just some suggested reading for you Mashmont / Please visit that thread and maybe have some comments.
I don't know what is difficult to understand about my proposal. People would still have freedom of believe or act as they choose, so long as they don't violate the law which would be based on Christian principles. Churches of all denominations would be allowed to have their services. Atheists would be free not to.

You mean do it now or never. Soon America won't be a Christian Nation, even when it was mostly Christian it wasn't a Christian Nation, committing genocide isn't a Christian value.
You will always have fallible people who won't follow Jesus' teaching. But you start with a baseline of perfect Christian law, even if people won't always live up to it. If you start with atheist law, you're starting way behind. You have a defective foundation that can only result in bad.

No religion shall be placed above any other religion in the United States that's in the Constitution and that's not going to change that is a matter of equality and justice under the law. That's the very reason we do not have a state religion.
When you remove religion from government, the cancer of atheism fills the void as is happening in the US. That's what the Framers failed to anticipate.

Do I fault them? Not unless they were atheist and intended this result. But they couldn't have foreseen atheist evil of the magnitude of the Communists or Nazi Germany.

How is believing there is a God better than believing there isn't a God?

Seems like a lot of believing. And the definition of "believe" is to accept without knowing.
Because atheism leads only to bad results. Christianity leads to good results. This is observative. We've witnessed it in history.

Huh? The Taliban is Muslim. It's anti-Christian. And what is an "extremist Christian"? Is that someone who loves others a lot? Count me in. That's where I want to be. Everybody should.

that has been answered -

1643465014873.png

without interuption throughout history ... for all three desert religions. and the awful people that promote their politics disguised as religions.

that has been answered -

View attachment 594246

without interuption throughout history ... for all three desert religions. and the awful mpeople that promote their politics disguised as religions.
No greater force for good exists in the world today than the Roman Catholic Church. It is the greatest institution in the history of mankind, with more selfless followers who devote their lives in service to others while intentionally living in poverty themselves. I'm talking about the legions of priests, sisters, nuns, and the consecrated religious. No other group has many counterparts to these great people, and certainly the atheists don't.

Look at that filthy sewer of a mouth. Were you not properly toilet trained as a tot? Your vile speech is simply cover for your not having an argument.

"
Aw, do dirty words hurt you?

Eat a great big steamy pile of shit.

You asked me why Atheism should supersede Christianity. That answer has been provided by me and others here countless times. Yet, when I asked you why Christianity should supersede Judaism or Islam, you hemmed and hawed and never answered. So, fuck you, dipshit. You're the one with no valid argument.

If an alleged christian like yourself lacks the mental facility to answer a simple question, I sure as fuck don't want a zealot like you running the country...

See? You people don't even read. For the ninth time, my proposal was not to dictate what or any religion individuals must follow; it's that the US government shouldn't violate Christian laws, that it take the Christian position rather than the atheist position its currently taking.
What makes Christianity superior to Judaism or Islam or Hinduism?

that has been answered -

View attachment 594246

without interuption throughout history ... for all three desert religions. and the awful people that promote their politics disguised as religions.
Nazi Germany wasn't Christian. It was an atheist regime. They closed Christian churches and murdered thousands of Christian clergy. We've already been over that.

See, I look at REALITY and then try and make it better. You look at some fantasy God and hope this fantasy God can make things better. Might as well hope your cat can take over the world.
If atheism is the answer, why are atheists' lives generally so-screwed up, and why are atheist regimes always violent, murderous, and harsh? One would think it would be the opposite. Why isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back