It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives

gfm7175

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2019
It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID

It's already starting! (if you're not already aware) ... People who supported the COVID related mandates, the lockdowns, the jabs, even forcing the jabs upon others as well as treating unvaccinated people like pariahs, are now calling for "covid amnesty" or are otherwise calling for admitting fault in the downright evil actions that they supported.

I can see now that the scientific community from the CDC to the WHO to the FDA and their representatives, repeatedly overstated the evidence and misled the public about its own views and policies ... All of these were scientific mistakes at the time, not in hindsight. Amazingly, some of these obfuscations continue to the present day.
Ummm, they didn't just "overstate evidence" and "mislead the public", nor were there "scientific mistakes" (whatever THAT means)... They outright LIED, repeatedly, without shame, about masks, about covid, about the covid jabs, about natural immunity, and about damn near everything covid related. They pitted family member against family member. They didn't let family members visit with their ailing loved one in hospitals, they forced many millions of Americans to choose between the jabs and their jobs (after they THEMSELVES initially chose to refuse to get the jabs because they didn't trust "Trump's vaccine"), they wanted unvaccinated people to die (and also didn't want unvaccinated people to have access to healthcare as well as numerous social events).

Our emotional response and ingrained partisanship prevented us from seeing the full impact of our actions on the people we are supposed to serve.
No shit, Sherlock...

Incomprehensible to us due to this class divide, we severely judged lockdown critics as lazy, backwards, even evil. We dismissed as "grifters" those who represented their interests. We believed "misinformation" energized the ignorant, and we refused to accept that such people simply had a different, valid point of view.
You did A LOT more damage than that, dude, as I lightly dived into earlier. And no, you don't get to just say "whoopsie", offer up a few words of apology, and then walk away from it as if that damage never happened. No, there is no forgiveness from me until you pay, pay again, and then pay some more for all of the crimes against humanity that you have caused. No quarter!

I think we can argue the case on the lockdowns and other actions done at the state level, but I believe the vaccines as with every other deadly disease of the 20th-21st century that were stopped had saved tens of millions over the mid to long term and we should be damn happy that we have it.

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID

It's already starting! (if you're not already aware) ... People who supported the COVID related mandates, the lockdowns, the jabs, even forcing the jabs upon others as well as treating unvaccinated people like pariahs, are now calling for "covid amnesty" or are otherwise calling for admitting fault in the downright evil actions that they supported.

Ummm, they didn't just "overstate evidence" and "mislead the public", nor were there "scientific mistakes" (whatever THAT means)... They outright LIED, repeatedly, without shame, about masks, about covid, about the covid jabs, about natural immunity, and about damn near everything covid related. They pitted family member against family member. They didn't let family members visit with their ailing loved one in hospitals, they forced many millions of Americans to choose between the jabs and their jobs (after they THEMSELVES initially chose to refuse to get the jabs because they didn't trust "Trump's vaccine"), they wanted unvaccinated people to die (and also didn't want unvaccinated people to have access to healthcare as well as numerous social events).

No shit, Sherlock...

You did A LOT more damage than that, dude, as I lightly dived into earlier. And no, you don't get to just say "whoopsie", offer up a few words of apology, and then walk away from it as if that damage never happened. No, there is no forgiveness from me until you pay, pay again, and then pay some more for all of the crimes against humanity that you have caused. No quarter!
It will take years to determine any lasting effects, if any, of a vaccine. People will also weigh it against NOT having the vaccine as a whole. Once I learned it didn't provide immunity, did some resesrch, I determined that it should be the most vulnerable who took it. Let people decide for themselves. It is a real shame that human instincts haven't changed, people call the police on those who had friends over, others killed because they stood to close to someone, rabid hatred of those peacefully making their own health choices. It should be studied, society fails when courage is needed.

12.png

I predicted last year these people would say, Wait, we offered the vaccine and you lined up ;or them so don't blame us'.

"WE said you should take them but we really didn't mean it'.

Forum List

Back