It's time for the best/worst Halloween movie!

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Absolutely the best really really bad Halloween movie ever!

Trick of treat from 1986. Not the one you're thinking of! From square in the middle of tipper gore's crusade against heavy metal come Sammy Curr, dead but not departed rock and roller out for his revenge on his old highschool! Bad acting, terrible writing, and worse special effects with a soundtrack that rocks out loud!

Must see!!

What's your favorite Halloween movie?

landscape-1473960076-charlie-brown-1024-1507736240.jpg

Worst Halloween 3 . Best Halloween 1 . The first Halloween was a well made classic scary movie. All that came after it in the franchise do not match up, 3 was the worst. It had nothing to do with the original story.

Absolutely the best really really bad Halloween movie ever!

Trick of treat from 1986. Not the one you're thinking of! From square in the middle of tipper gore's crusade against heavy metal come Sammy Curr, dead but not departed rock and roller out for his revenge on his old highschool! Bad acting, terrible writing, and worse special effects with a soundtrack that rocks out loud!

Must see!!

What's your favorite Halloween movie?

My wife, PJ has a more visceral reaction of horror to this move and this music than I have ever seen her show to any other movie. I took her to see it when we were dating. Remember her digging her fingers into my arm, but not asking to leave. There was a lightning storm outside the court square theater. When she got in the van, she was almost crying shook. Totally unnatural reaction, I didn't understand, but a big wrong move on my part, as I definitely wasn't getting laid that night.

Spooky movie, amazingly done, no doubt. I love the music, but the very music evokes the terror in her akin to the movie. I had the album. Couldn't play it if she was in the house, period. Put it on my iPhone as a ringtone one afternoon a few years back without telling her, and of course, iphone goes on the bed stand that night. Daughter called about 10:45 that night after we'd gone to bed around 10:00. She woke in a totally black bedroom to an Iphone strobe light and Tubular Bells from the night stand, startled awake, seriously rattled and the really bad pissed, ending up staying awake unable to sleep in the dark until the wee hours, 40 something years after first and last time she sat through it. She says, I'm like Spock so I just don't understand, but I don't push to explore it.

I love the old, really crappy sci-fi and horror films. The Movie channel here is showing these movies all day long, several days a week, this month. I can't remember the names of most of them.

Two of the worst were The Fly, and Return of the Fly. Both featured actors wearing ridiculous, huge, fly-head masks with giant bulbous eyes.

Another film had an actor wearing a huge alligator head mask. The mask was shiny, and silly looking and it was obviously made of plastic. Funny as hell.

I also saw two awful sci-fi films in which a very young James Arness (Marshal Dillon) had big parts. Is that where he got his start?

Last edited:
I love Double Double Toil And Trouble from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and the late great Cloris Leachman.

God bless you and her family and the twins always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of the twins)

When I was a kid one of the UHF channels showed a movie called "The 4 D Man" starring Robert Lansing. It wasn't a great movie. The first time I watched the movie it scared the heck out of me for a while. Some films are worse then others for reason to different people.

Geico does a great parody on the generally crappy plots of the H'ween splatter movies. A dark house on a dark road and a couple of kids decide to hide in the garage with the chainsaws rather than jump in the car and drive home.

Trick or Treat, the new one, is good…. That guy who was the best Hannibal Lector is in it…..cant beat that.

Forum List

Back