It’s Time for an Outright Ban on the Promotion of Atheism.

What about killing little babies? Is that Christian? You haven't answer that one.
No, it's not. Know what else is not Christian? Refusing to be a Christian. If you're going to beat people over their heads for one, you must beat them for the other. Which is why I've been to proving to you, from the Bible no less, that Jesus never wanted His followers involved in earthly politics.

No, it's not. Know what else is not Christian? Refusing to be a Christian. If you're going to beat people over their heads for one, you must beat them for the other. Which is why I've been to proving to you, from the Bible no less, that Jesus never wanted His followers involved in earthly politics.
That's simply untrue. St. John Paul got involved in political issues and stood up to the Communist multiple times, and he's a canonized saint in Heaven.

That's simply untrue. St. John Paul stood up to the Communist multiple times, and he's a canonized saint in Heaven.
Did Paul run for a seat in the Roman senate or aspire to the purple to pass laws banning Paganism in Ancient Rome? Did mobs of 1st Christians run around with torches burning down temples? Paul stood up only when he had to 'obey God as ruler rather than men'. Like when he and other apostles were told to stop preaching. Jesus gave them a command to preach, so Paul and Co. continued, regardless of the consequences. So resist if someone wants to force you to make a sacrifice to Jupiter. Don't you use force against me to get me to stop. By the way, I'm not a Christian, I just know your Bible better than you do.

That's simply untrue. St. John Paul got involved in political issues and stood up to the Communist multiple times, and he's a canonized saint in Heaven.
So how do you square your version of Paul with the version that wrote this? I posted it before, don't remember if you you ever answered it:

"Let everyone submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which derives from God, and whatever authorities exist have been instituted by God. Consequently, anyone who resists authority is rebelling against what God has appointed, and those who so resist will bring judgment upon themselves.

Rulers are a source of fear not to those who do good but rather to those who do evil. Do you wish to be free of fear from someone in authority? Then continue to do what is right and you will receive his approval. For he is acting as God’s representative for your welfare. But if you do what is evil, then be afraid for he does not wear a sword for nothing. People in authority are God’s servants to mete out punishment to wrongdoers." ( Romans 13: 1-4)

So how do you square your version of Paul with the version that wrote this? I posted it before, don't remember if you you ever answered it:

"Let everyone submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which derives from God, and whatever authorities exist have been instituted by God. Consequently, anyone who resists authority is rebelling against what God has appointed, and those who so resist will bring judgment upon themselves.

Rulers are a source of fear not to those who do good but rather to those who do evil. Do you wish to be free of fear from someone in authority? Then continue to do what is right and you will receive his approval. For he is acting as God’s representative for your welfare. But if you do what is evil, then be afraid for he does not wear a sword for nothing. People in authority are God’s servants to mete out punishment to wrongdoers." ( Romans 13: 1-4)
Are you saying the bible says for Christians to carry out the Holocaust because the evil government says so?

Are you saying the bible says for Christians to carry out the Holocaust because the evil government says so?
No, they are to resist, ( of course the vast majority of those carrying out the Holocaust considered themselves Christians, doing the Work of the Lord, but that's neither here nor there for now) But if that evil government wants to take your tax dollars and use it to build a new temple to Apollo, you shut up and pay.

No, they are to resist, ( of course the vast majority of those carrying out the Holocaust considered themselves Christians, doing the Work of the Lord, but that's neither here nor there for now) But if that evil government wants to take your tax dollars and use it to build a new temple to Apollo, you shut up and pay.
So who appointed you the arbiter of what to pick and choose as acceptable behavior by the government?

So who appointed you the arbiter of what to pick and choose as acceptable behavior by the government?
Who appointed you? The question is what does Jesus want you to do about? Beat people over their heads until they submit?

Besides, look to to the left. See the "Anarcho-Capitalist" there? Why don't you look that up?

Who appointed you? The question is what does Jesus want you to do about? Beat people over their heads until they submit?

Besides, look to to the left. See the "Anarcho-Capitalist" there? Why don't you look that up?
See, but I'm not doing that. I'm just saying for the government to stop push atheism. How is that beating people over the heads? That's your strawman.

How's your Constitution working for you if you utter the N word on social media? You'll find yourself without a job tomorrow morning.
Oddly, that's not a problem for you.
Your empolyer firing you for being racist or using slurs doesn't take away your free speech. Morons like you seem to think that the free in free speech means free from consequence or backlash.

Did Paul run for a seat in the Roman senate or aspire to the purple to pass laws banning Paganism in Ancient Rome? Did mobs of 1st Christians run around with torches burning down temples? Paul stood up only when he had to 'obey God as ruler rather than men'. Like when he and other apostles were told to stop preaching. Jesus gave them a command to preach, so Paul and Co. continued, regardless of the consequences. So resist if someone wants to force you to make a sacrifice to Jupiter. Don't you use force against me to get me to stop. By the way, I'm not a Christian, I just know your Bible better than you do.
Atheists are always saying they know the bible better than Christians, but in reality, they take a couple of boilerplate verses out of context and misrepresent them. It's always the save four or five verses.
You can't even get the premise right. Nobody said anything about force. I just said government should stop promoting the atheist agenda.

Atheists are always saying they know the bible better than Christians, but in reality, they take a couple of boilerplate verses out of context and misrepresent them. It's always the save four or five verses.
You can't even get the premise right. Nobody said anything about force. I just said government should stop promoting the atheist agenda.
I don't think there should be any government at all promoting anything.
But really, so the government stops promoting Atheism. Private citizens continue to do so. That's not going to get under your skin? Of course it will, after all, you are only human.

Forum List

Back