It's the PO, baby!

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
Long overdue has been their comeback, and I proudfully boast it has come!

Is snail-mail safer than email? Um, well, initially, I would have said, "Absolutely! I know this answer! Yes! Snail-mail is undeniably safer and may come to be more dependable than emails... Why? Easy. Because we have among us a massive number of citizens that cannot be cut out from society who have no technological inclination."

However, I cannot boast to know mainstream and would rather leave that decision and those potential words for someone in a better position to observe the masses.

So, what are the board's thoughts? I cannot help but feel strongly toward this potential boundary in completely doing away with our basic postal service.

We're going to need something LIKE the PO for quite some time, I suspect.

Some stuff, at least now, must be delivered to ones address BY LAW.

So if we're going to kill the USPO, we're going to need to change those laws.

I fear that the time is fast approaching where our mailboxes will become extinct. Eliminating the Post Office, while causing some difficulties, is the way of the future. Delivery of items can be handled by private companies like Fed Ex and newspapers ... they are are all going digital too. How long will this transition take, a lot sooner than you may think. The USPS is bloated with problems that will not go away and I think Congress is coming to the point where it will be eliminated over the next 10 years or at least consolidated to like 1 Post Office per county or maybe regional Post Offices. Mail delivery/pick up will be discontinued except at Post Office boxes.

Forum List

Back