It's Teachers Day

I don't want or need your sympathy so keep it.

And again saying that teaching is just a job like any other is not hateful it's not even a mild insult you just take it that way because you think you're special for no other reason that you had a job as a teacher

No, I am special for a lot more reasons. I am a husband, father, grandfather and a veteran. Apparently, those are minor accomplishments in your eyes. That says a lot about you and nothing about me.

If billions of people do all those things then they are not special. , they are by definition, common.

I am so sorry that you have to spend each and every day wallowing in your self-pity. It really is pathetic.

Now, run along and find some other thread to pollute with your ignorance.
Teachers have a particular "talent" like Blues Man has, only a different one. Mechanics have a particular talent, computer programmers do. I don't know why he can't admit that. It's true our talent isn't any "better" than anyone else's though Admiral.

I'm more of the mind that anyone can learn to do anything.

I'm not so inclined as to think that anyone out there barring actual physical limitations cannot do anything I have ever done and that includes playing music.
You never heard my son play the trumpet.
Or heard me try to sing.

I'm not arguing about something this stupid. You've been a music teacher long enough to know better than that, anyway.

Why are you so stupid? Did you not learn anything in school? Particularly, why do you display a seemingly unending capability not to think your way out of a wet paper bag?

Like most people I learned more outside of school than I did in it.

I understand you need to think you're special because you were a teacher but you're really no different than any other working person

Really? How many doctors did you teach? Lawyers? Scientists? Military officers? Writers? I accomplished more in a month than you probably have accomplished in your miserable lifetime!

YEs you're responsible for the success of everyone ever

You are definitely responsible for your own lack of success in that area, or you would have been a teacher instead of bitching about them.

Can you show me on this doll where someone touched you?
You have no idea what kind of success I have do you?

I'm not bitching I'm saying that teaching is just a job like any other and teachers are no different than anyone else who works for a living ans since teachers are just like everyone it is perfectly reasonable to say most of them don't love their jobs.

The reason why Education isn't valued in this country like it is in others. You think children don't pick up that negative attitude about teachers and learning from their parents?

I understand you need to think you're special because you were a teacher but you're really no different than any other working person

Really? How many doctors did you teach? Lawyers? Scientists? Military officers? Writers? I accomplished more in a month than you probably have accomplished in your miserable lifetime!

You are definitely responsible for your own lack of success in that area, or you would have been a teacher instead of bitching about them.

I'm not bitching I'm saying that teaching is just a job like any other and teachers are no different than anyone else who works for a living ans since teachers are just like everyone it is perfectly reasonable to say most of them don't love their jobs.

The reason why Education isn't valued in this country like it is in others. You think children don't pick up that negative attitude about teachers and learning from their parents?
It's truly sad that so many parents had negative experiences in school--that is what fuels a lot of the negativity. Most of the ones I know were/are poor and they got looked down on and treated unfairly by the teachers as well as the students. They most likely aren't lying, either. Some teachers go out of their way to help kids who haven't got anything or anyone at home to support them, but most of us middle class teachers just think "lazy slobs" or "criminals" when they hear certain last names or see kids in sloppy clothes with uncombed hair and smelling not so good.

And so the beat goes on....

...most of us middle class teachers just think "lazy slobs" or "criminals" when they hear certain last names or see kids in sloppy clothes with uncombed hair and smelling...

Do you?!

No, I am special for a lot more reasons. I am a husband, father, grandfather and a veteran. Apparently, those are minor accomplishments in your eyes. That says a lot about you and nothing about me.

If billions of people do all those things then they are not special. , they are by definition, common.

I am so sorry that you have to spend each and every day wallowing in your self-pity. It really is pathetic.

Now, run along and find some other thread to pollute with your ignorance.
Teachers have a particular "talent" like Blues Man has, only a different one. Mechanics have a particular talent, computer programmers do. I don't know why he can't admit that. It's true our talent isn't any "better" than anyone else's though Admiral.

I'm more of the mind that anyone can learn to do anything.

I'm not so inclined as to think that anyone out there barring actual physical limitations cannot do anything I have ever done and that includes playing music.
You never heard my son play the trumpet.
Or heard me try to sing.

I'm not arguing about something this stupid. You've been a music teacher long enough to know better than that, anyway.

You do know there are more ways to make music than singing don't you?

I'm not a great singer.

And I know anyone can learn to play an instrument it's just a matter of practice and time. Just because some people won't practice does not mean they are incapable of playing an instrument.

WHat attitude?

Saying that teaching is just another profession isn't an insult. Saying that teachers are just like other professionals isn't an insult.

Why you people think it is an insult is a mystery to me.

...most of us middle class teachers just think "lazy slobs" or "criminals" when they hear certain last names or see kids in sloppy clothes with uncombed hair and smelling...

Do you?!
Of course not.

Do you?!
Of course not.

Why say “us,” then?

Do you?!
Of course not.

Why say “us,” then?
'Cuz I'm a teacher?.

Do you?!
Of course not.

Why say “us,” then?
'Cuz I'm a teacher?.

Read your post again

Do you?!
Of course not.

Why say “us,” then?
'Cuz I'm a teacher?.

Read your post again
Any possibility we could move on?

My mom's first teaching job was in a one room school house like this in rural Maine. She had 14 kids Grades 1-8. Before they tore it down about twenty years ago, I visited; it hadn't been used in years, but a lot of the furniture and books were still there.
93fc4967fbe7d9980f2da928a69f47fd--abandoned-homes-school-days.jpg

This one needs paint; Mom's was a gold-yellow.

one_room_schoolhouse.jpg

Where did all the girls go? Anyway, you get the idea. The water jug in the back was not quite so hygenic and modern in my mom's school--it was a crock with a dipper. Fat belly wood stove. Blackboard on front wall, flag hanging beside it.
Bunch of reading and math books in the second floor storage loft, vintage 1930's.
She was the nurse, the vice principal in charge of discipline, the gym art and music teachers, too, and she had a blast. Had a little girl crippled from polio with braces on her legs that she somehow got the kids to include in their softball games during recess. That girl, grown up and old, visited my mom decades later to tell her she never forgot her.

upload_2019-5-11_15-1-31.png

41Lr9XfcbVL._SL500_.jpg

Good times, eh?
People have clamored so for these books again that they have been reprinted and you can buy them new on Amazon. I don't think they are being used as reading primers anymore, though. Maybe homeschoolers?

Forum List

Back