It's still going up boys and girls

Frank, the complaint by deniers here that "science is not done by consensus" is a common one. It is often accompanied by the counter that a theory should be falsifiable and that it should be tested for repeatability and the ability to make accurate predictions. I fully agree that hypotheses and theories should be falsifiable and that they should be tested for repeatability and the ability to make accurate predictions. But I am left with the question for you: WHO is to do these tests? WHO is to determine whether or not a theory is falsifiable? And the only thing I can take from the manner that you and your colleagues present these arguments is that you believe every individual with an interest in such topics is personally responsible to conduct such tests on all theories they wish to test. If that is not the case Frank, then, again WHO should be doing these things? WHO should determine whether a paper - submitted for publication to a refereed journal describing a given hypothesis (ie, a proposed theory) and describing background, reasoning, experiments and their results, satisfied predictions and conclusions, proposing that this hypothesis is worth deeming a valid theory - should be accepted as valid?
Who does the test is irrelevant.

Completely

Totally Irrelevant

Can my dog do it? Can YOU do it? The question, Frank, is do you actually expect EVERYONE to do it? Cause that's precisely what you all seem to be saying.

He's a mutt. I'm pretty sure he can't do it. I'm pretty sure that about 98% of the population would be unable to do what Frank and Westwall think they should do.

I think it would be more accurate to say that nobody cares that you think nobody cares. And you've plagiarized this line. "Nobody cares" is the private property of someone else.
That's certainly not a chart measuring your IQ.

No, it's not. It's a history of the Earth's average temperature as determined by four different science organizations. I thought that would be obvious. I was thinking there might be someone here willing to discuss the significance of these data. But, I guess I was wrong.
maybe you should lead by example and cut your power consumption down to zero.
By getting off the internet

Forum List

Back