It's snowing

Walkin in a winter wonderland...and in the winter we can make snowman, deedy dum deedy dum deedy doo.

I'm in central NC and we've been cold and lots of rain today. I had to drive my other half to the VA hospital in Salisbury for his follow up for his cataract surgery this morning. It's an hour away and we had to be there at 8:30. The drive was horrible, then I drove back, also in the rain. Visibility wasn't worth a crap. The temp was around 32 but no snow. It has snowed in the mountains though. Boone got it's first snowfall last week. I'm glad for the ski resorts up there. I'm a skier and always want the resorts to do well.
Now I have to take the cat to the vet. When I get back, I'm going to have a nice toddy to warm me up.
That's nice.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. It's been a really nerve wracking kind of a day.
Treat yourself.
Forget about the world.
Put stress in an envelope and mail it to Russia.

I'm in central NC and we've been cold and lots of rain today. I had to drive my other half to the VA hospital in Salisbury for his follow up for his cataract surgery this morning. It's an hour away and we had to be there at 8:30. The drive was horrible, then I drove back, also in the rain. Visibility wasn't worth a crap. The temp was around 32 but no snow. It has snowed in the mountains though. Boone got it's first snowfall last week. I'm glad for the ski resorts up there. I'm a skier and always want the resorts to do well.
Now I have to take the cat to the vet. When I get back, I'm going to have a nice toddy to warm me up.

Oh darn. It's good you made it safely. Being from the Blue Ridge Mountains myself, I know Boone well. Nice place, but those winters are rough given the geography.

Sunday, a cold front rolled in and it started snowing Sunday night, all the way into Monday. Got around 5 inches of snow, and it stayed down around the teens for the next 2 days.

Yesterday, it started to warm up and the snow was melting.

Today? Snow is gone and it's around 60 here in Amarillo TX.

I can't wait for more snow.
Nothing like ripping the snowmobile trails near me.

Never been on a snowmobile before. I know a guy who lost his foot on one, though. Apparently his foot hung off to the side at the very same time he was passing a tree stump poking out of the snow.

Is it snowing where you are? This is the first one of the year where I am. I'm near Dover Air Force Base here in Delaware. Big flakes, too. You know those fluffy ones that make good snowballs? Those ones.

I was gonna go out and take a picture, but, no, I'm wearing shorts and a tee shirt.

It's 32 degrees, so...
That's Delaware. Big capacity for weather extremes.

Is it snowing where you are? This is the first one of the year where I am. I'm near Dover Air Force Base here in Delaware. Big flakes, too. You know those fluffy ones that make good snowballs? Those ones.

I was gonna go out and take a picture, but, no, I'm wearing shorts and a tee shirt.

It's 32 degrees, so...
No....I'm currently in Seattle....Been grey and shitty for nearly the entire time I've been here, tho.

Need it to dump big on the Wasatch this winter...Last year was kind of slim pickin' for powder days.

So how many centuries have you been in Seattle?

Went to Seattle about 18 months ago. Weather forecast was for 70s and sunshine. Stayed a week and it topped 60 on the first day and never again after that. Never saw the sun either. This was in June!
The sun only comes out for three days in August.

Went to Seattle about 18 months ago. Weather forecast was for 70s and sunshine. Stayed a week and it topped 60 on the first day and never again after that. Never saw the sun either. This was in June!
Just a couple weeks...I'm TDY on a job until Christmas...Beautiful place that the moonbats have royally screwed up...Went to pick up a bottle of scotch a few days back, only to discover that these freaks tag liquor with an additional 30+% tax, over and above the already inflated prices....Looks like I'll be sticking to beer and wine for a few weeks.

It's 32 degrees, so...
No....I'm currently in Seattle....Been grey and shitty for nearly the entire time I've been here, tho.

Need it to dump big on the Wasatch this winter...Last year was kind of slim pickin' for powder days.

The sun only comes out for three days in August.
Oh I like the sun too much for that.

I guess I'm gonna go shovel. This is the part I hate. The wind is what makes it annoying. With this snow storm the first layer was sleet and ice, the second layer is that soft puffy snow and the top layer now is back to sleet and ice. It's starting to get dark, so...

Oh darn. It's good you made it safely. Being from the Blue Ridge Mountains myself, I know Boone well. Nice place, but those winters are rough given the geography.

I'm in those mountains and haven't seen snow. Think you'd have to be up above 4000 feet or so.

I'm in those mountains and haven't seen snow. Think you'd have to be up above 4000 feet or so.

I went on a scary ride in the back seat up to Mountain City a few times. Probably the scariest thing ever as a kid. Youre just crcling around a mountain til you get to the top. What's worse is you can see down and everything below you. Really close to the edge, too.

The snow is not suppose to hit until tomorrow morning.... 5 to 8 inch estimate! I better fill the bird feeders tonight!! So my little chickadees have some food in the morning!

I guess I'm gonna go shovel. This is the part I hate. The wind is what makes it annoying. With this snow storm the first layer was sleet and ice, the second layer is that soft puffy snow and the top layer now is back to sleet and ice. It's starting to get dark, so...
If the temperature goes down and all that freezes hard, you'd be sorry that you hadn't done it.

Forum List

Back