"Its out of control, and its coming your way"

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
One of the great lines in movie history. Just been watching The Towering Inferno about 40 years after I first watched it in the pictures. It still stands up depite the awful 70s costumes. Everybody was in it but they are all dead now apart from OJ.

A disaster movie or a psalm against the greed of capitalism ? You decide.

One of the great lines in movie history. Just been watching The Towering Inferno about 40 years after I first watched it in the pictures. It still stands up depite the awful 70s costumes. Everybody was in it but they are all dead now apart from OJ.

"a psam against the greed of capitalism" Nice turn of phrase.

Whew for a second I thought you were warning me that Meghan Markle had been spotted in my city.

Whew for a second I thought you were warning me that Meghan Markle had been spotted in my city.
You are on your own mate.

Do you think the actors were paid ?

Do you think the studio made this to make money or send a message ?

"a psam against the greed of capitalism" Nice turn of phrase.
The word is spelled PSALM, thank you.

Do you think the actors were paid ?

Do you think the studio made this to make money or send a message ?
I would hope they were all paid very well. There were some terrifying scenes.
I dont understand the conflict between message and money. It is possible to do both and in fact necessary.

If you look at this film we see the baddie has cut corners to increase his profit margin and over 200 people have died. Everybody would see that as a bad thing. It also questions the regulatory standards of the time.

40 years on and we have the Grenfell disaster and all these issues come to the fore again. Greed is still a threat to the people and we should be able to rely on our government to protect us from that. Sadly it seems to be reactive.

Both. Obviously.

Funny, though how you look at something from the 70s, and Hollywood is still doing the same shit.

A better example is, of course Rollerball.

Forum List

Back