It's Not About Character Any More

It is absolutely true and absolutely relevant

No, it's not, as I explained in the post you replied to. Your empty denial is you admitting you can't even pretend to challenge my argument.

No, it's not, as I explained in the post you replied to. Your empty denial is you admitting you can't even pretend to challenge my argument.
Sorry. What? I wasn’t listening

The point I am making is that this is about consolidating power into an autocrat's hands.

Trump wants to subordinate the Legislative branch to the Executive. And the submissive cucks in Congress are voluntarily doing so.

This does not bode well for our democracy.
He THOUGHT he already had the Judiciary

Way back in the mists of time there was a Democratic candidate for president who was leading in all the polls. He was a shoo-in to be the nominee.

But there were rumors the married man was a womanizer and an enterprising reporter followed candidate Gary Hart to a love nest on his boat and caught him red-handed.

This seminal event caused the Democrat to withdraw from the race because his womanizing was simply unacceptable to the American people.

Yeah. No joke.

But that was 1988.

Just a few years later, another Democrat was accused of womanizing, but he not only got the nomination, he was elected President. And even though several women came forward to claim they had affairs with Clinton, he was re-elected.

That's about the time the Republican Party began putting Family Values™ in the party platform.

Yet by 2016, not even the Republican Party gave a damn about morality any more. Christian evangelicals lined up to vote for one of the most vile, corrupt, immoral Presidents we have ever had. Their moral compasses are so wrecked, they actually believe this man was personally sent by God.

It's no longer about character any more. It's all about earthly power, and they will do ANYTHING to hold onto it or even to seize it.

Even our vice president hitched his evangelical wagon to this hellbound horse. He has since paid a dear price for that mistake. "For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world but lose his soul?"

So it should not come as any surprise the GOP and its media organs are vigorously defending a deadbeat absentee father who paid for an abortion.

This isn't about moral character. It hasn't been for a long time.

The GOP did not look around for the best upstanding moral man they could find in Georgia. No.

They wanted an ignorant house negro who will do whatever they tell him to do. This man was picked by Dear Leader whose only qualification for his endorsement is stupidity and submissiveness to his will.

I used to joke on this forum about slandering opposition candidates by claiming they were seen throwing puppies into rush hour traffic.

Now we find a GOP candidate who has actually tortured puppies for no good purpose. He's also famous for peddling snake oil.

Again, he was endorsed by Dear Leader not for his character but for the exact opposite reason.

Dear Leader wants the legislative branch to be completely submissive to the Executive branch. Many of them have already licked his boots. Including every single Republican who warned us about him.

You should really think about that.

ETA: Dr. Oz’s Scientific Experiments Killed Over 300 Dogs, Entire Litter of Puppies
You started your post about democrat indiscretions, then moved on to republican indiscretions, and then proceed to attack repubs for their wrongs but not the dems.

How about we just say that both parties are in need of some improvement, and yes, both parties are all about the power. Dems are not insulated from that aspect.

Forum List

Back