Its not a crime to be racist

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
I passionently am against shouting down anyone with an opinion or view in public or on the net that you dont like.

In public, if any racist group, like la raza, the kkk, black power, anyone want to have a rally. Let them, are we such thin skinned cry babies, that we throw out the constitution because we dont like them?

Colleges, and public should be an exchange of ideas.

If racist groups, who need protection the most from other hate filled thugs.
want to protest, let them

Dont act like an asshole, and then say, but those racist groups are assholes.
that means you are a facist as well.

One sides protests safely protected by police, same for the other

Ideas are not dangerous, actions are.

Grow up!

Stop fucking demeaning people because you dont like their views, or ideas.

If someone wants to hate me for being a ****, its their problem

They have that right, lets stop being nazi's and saying, you cant say that, cant do that!.

when we do that, we are worse then they are

allow them the freedom, most of you want to protect so badly

our constitution gaurantees it, so if you really care about the constitution

you wont threaten, intimidate, try to silence, or harrass anyone, because you dont like their views, period!.

jesus christ, grow a pair people, and quit being so thin skinned

I passionently am against shouting down anyone with an opinion or view in public or on the net that you dont like.

In public, if any racist group, like la raza, the kkk, black power, anyone want to have a rally. Let them, are we such thin skinned cry babies, that we throw out the constitution because we dont like them?

Grow up!

They have that right, lets stop being nazi's and saying, you cant say that, cant do that!.

you wont threaten, intimidate, try to silence, or harrass anyone, because you dont like their views, period!.

with the patriot act almost any misdemeanor can be a crime making a government worker fearful can be deemed a terrorist act ..its not the peoples doing... its the governments agenda to silence speech and dissent

Grow up!

Would you still support the neo-nazi's if they showed up in your neighborhood to hold a rally to promote a holocost in America? In other words, do you think the 1st amendment protects ALL speech?

Would you still support the neo-nazi's if they showed up in your neighborhood to hold a rally to promote a holocost in America? In other words, do you think the 1st amendment protects ALL speech?

Depends. If they are actively fomenting armed rebellion or murder, that speech is not protected. If they are just mouthing off about the holocaust then that could be protected.

Of course there is no such thing as truly "free" speech.

However, when every little group that comes along is allowed a forum to "stand up for their ethnic heritage, aberrant sexual behavior, or whatever EXCEPT whites, who are immediately labelled "racist" for doing so, there IS a problem.

Of course there is no such thing as truly "free" speech.

However, when every little group that comes along is allowed a forum to "stand up for their ethnic heritage, aberrant sexual behavior, or whatever EXCEPT whites, who are immediately labelled "racist" for doing so, there IS a problem.

The only reasonable, IMO, response to that dilemma is that the majority has a history of oppression in this country. After the civil rights movement, a new social contract was accepted by most Americans that the minority will have more freedom of speech so as to close the gap between the power of a white majority and the minority. I'm probably wrong in thinking this, but it's the only conclusion I can come to at 830 after spending the last 2 days without sleep:confused:

yes, absolutely. This very thing happened in my town this summer. the nazis were allowed to march and NO ONE was swayed. the first amendment is more important than trying to dictate whose opinion gets to be the line we can't cross.

I share similar concerns. last night on glen beck, i found out the federal government is trying to silence government workers over talking about illegal immigration.

The patriot act should be re-written, government whistle blowers should be protected not threated.

with the patriot act almost any misdemeanor can be a crime making a government worker fearful can be deemed a terrorist act ..its not the peoples doing... its the governments agenda to silence speech and dissent

I would allow nazi's or any other racist group like la raza , lulac, open borders nuts, or any political group to protest in my neighborhood.

The only thing they cant do is commit an act of violence against a member of a member of the neighborhood, or take up arms, against the government, or threaten to murder anyone spefically.

If they say, kill mayer jerry sanders. that is a terroristic threat.

free speech doesnt mean you get to specifically threaten peoples lives.

then the police responsibility is to protect both sides, the racist marchers, and and the counter protestors.

Yes, the first amendment is more important then my personal feelings.

ironically, it seems to be the violent reaction to the nazi message that is the greater potential for destruction.

when the nazis marched thorugh my town this year there were no nazis arrested and many counter-protestors arrested.

why do you think it was, that many counter protestors were arrested?

Why is the first amendment being stepped on so much today?

ironically, it seems to be the violent reaction to the nazi message that is the greater potential for destruction.

when the nazis marched thorugh my town this year there were no nazis arrested and many counter-protestors arrested.

I think that people are quick to react to what is feared regardless of the rightness or wrongness of the individual message.. This process is the same when shouting down parading nazis or shouting down parading hippies or parading gays or blacks. It's why most people don't care when fred phelps gets denied his constitutional rights. By itself, nazis, hippies, gays, black and phelps' messages are harmless; some would say worthless. It's the potential for each message to change the accepted status quo that gets the reaction. People react to nazis who they think perpetuatio racism. People reacted to hippies who they thought was corrupting youth. People react to gays because of a percieved threat to dogma, tradition and culture. People reacted to blacks in fear of desegregation and the equal application of rights.

and people react to phelps because he represents the far, far regions of right wing christianity that puts a skewed interpretation of christianity above loyalty to the United States.

Same process regardless of how it's applied. I could be totally wrong though.

The concern is that the link between belief, speech and action is pretty short. That's why they want to make it a crime to be "racist," i.e., defend and/or advocate for white folks. Notice it's not a crime to be a radical Muslim who wants to kill all Jews or a radical black who wants to kill all whites...

Just a radical white who wants to live with other whites.

There's no good solution to this. Races naturally fight with each other, using words first, then violence. But you can only control this, not ban it.

Banning "racism" is like banning sex just because it sometimes leads to hurt feelings, diseases and unwanted pregnancy. Yes, but... it's perfectly natural and it's what keeps the races... all of them... going.

Grow up!

The Constitution says you can peacefully protest. Unfortunatly what most of these racist assholes do is not peacefully.

The concern is that the link between belief, speech and action is pretty short. That's why they want to make it a crime to be "racist," i.e., defend and/or advocate for white folks. Notice it's not a crime to be a radical Muslim who wants to kill all Jews or a radical black who wants to kill all whites...

Just a radical white who wants to live with other whites.

There's no good solution to this. Races naturally fight with each other, using words first, then violence. But you can only control this, not ban it.

Banning "racism" is like banning sex just because it sometimes leads to hurt feelings, diseases and unwanted pregnancy. Yes, but... it's perfectly natural and it's what keeps the races... all of them... going.

You need to think for yourself, are you that feebleminded to follow the teachings of David Duke and Bob Matthews?

whites are becoming the minority, what then?

The only reasonable, IMO, response to that dilemma is that the majority has a history of oppression in this country. After the civil rights movement, a new social contract was accepted by most Americans that the minority will have more freedom of speech so as to close the gap between the power of a white majority and the minority. I'm probably wrong in thinking this, but it's the only conclusion I can come to at 830 after spending the last 2 days without sleep:confused:

New Topics

Forum List

Back