It’s illegal to convict & sentence secretly to the accused, or to sentence outside defined parameter

northpolarbear

Oct 3, 2015
It’s illegal to convict & sentence secretly to the accused, or to sentence outside defined parameter.

Is it legal for a judge to sentence a ridiculous type or amount of punishment, or do they have to follow per-authorized options? - Avvo.com

Quoting from Avvo.com from lawyers on the question "Is it legal for a judge to sentence a ridiculous type or amount of punishment, or do they have to follow per-authorized options? For example, "this type of punishment is legal to sentence for that illegal act" & "that type of punishment is illegal to sentence for that illegal act". Does this kind of safety exists in the laws? Is it legal or illegal for a judge to sentence outside the punishments she is legally allowed to sentence?"

Lawyer 1: "If you mean jail time, each crime has a maximum sentence depending on what level crime it is."

Lawyer 2: "The Penal Law defines the parameters within which a judge can sentence a defendant. It provides whether jail is mandatory or optional, and the minimum and maximum amount which can be given."

Lawyer 3: "The type of crime will have it's own sentencing maximums set by statute. The judge can sentence you up to the maximum if she believes the facts & circumstances warrant it. If you're next court date is for sentencing, I'm sure you already realized your mistake in defending a criminal charge without one. If that's the case, hire a lawyer immediately!"

Is it legal for a law to process an accusation & convict me secretly without me knowing accusation, trial, sentencing happening? - Avvo.com

Quoting from Avvo.com from lawyers on the question "Is it legal for a law to process an accusation & convict me secretly without me knowing accusation, trial, sentencing happening? Is that even legally valid? I thought there were laws on False Imprisonment, Fair Trial, etc."

Lawyer 1: "Likely, you were notified and either ignored the summonses or didn't get them. Either way, nobody in this country is charged, tried, and convicted in secret."

Lawyer 2: "You are entitled to know the charges against you and be present for all material parts of your case."

Lawyer 3: "The law provides for secret proceedings to indict or charge a defendant, but convicting someone requires a public trial."

Lawyer 4: "You have a right to be present for all court hearings after you're charged. However, if you have a problem showing up, sometimes the judge will give a "Parker" warning that basically says they can proceed without you.

Depending on the facts you may or may not have a legitimate claim to set aside the conviction. You should discuss this with your lawyer."

It’s illegal to convict & sentence secretly to the accused, or to sentence outside defined parameter.

Is it legal for a judge to sentence a ridiculous type or amount of punishment, or do they have to follow per-authorized options? - Avvo.com

Quoting from Avvo.com from lawyers on the question "Is it legal for a judge to sentence a ridiculous type or amount of punishment, or do they have to follow per-authorized options? For example, "this type of punishment is legal to sentence for that illegal act" & "that type of punishment is illegal to sentence for that illegal act". Does this kind of safety exists in the laws? Is it legal or illegal for a judge to sentence outside the punishments she is legally allowed to sentence?"

Lawyer 1: "If you mean jail time, each crime has a maximum sentence depending on what level crime it is."

Lawyer 2: "The Penal Law defines the parameters within which a judge can sentence a defendant. It provides whether jail is mandatory or optional, and the minimum and maximum amount which can be given."

Lawyer 3: "The type of crime will have it's own sentencing maximums set by statute. The judge can sentence you up to the maximum if she believes the facts & circumstances warrant it. If you're next court date is for sentencing, I'm sure you already realized your mistake in defending a criminal charge without one. If that's the case, hire a lawyer immediately!"

Is it legal for a law to process an accusation & convict me secretly without me knowing accusation, trial, sentencing happening? - Avvo.com

Quoting from Avvo.com from lawyers on the question "Is it legal for a law to process an accusation & convict me secretly without me knowing accusation, trial, sentencing happening? Is that even legally valid? I thought there were laws on False Imprisonment, Fair Trial, etc."

Lawyer 1: "Likely, you were notified and either ignored the summonses or didn't get them. Either way, nobody in this country is charged, tried, and convicted in secret."

Lawyer 2: "You are entitled to know the charges against you and be present for all material parts of your case."

Lawyer 3: "The law provides for secret proceedings to indict or charge a defendant, but convicting someone requires a public trial."

Lawyer 4: "You have a right to be present for all court hearings after you're charged. However, if you have a problem showing up, sometimes the judge will give a "Parker" warning that basically says they can proceed without you.

Depending on the facts you may or may not have a legitimate claim to set aside the conviction. You should discuss this with your lawyer."

Where did you get your law degree at? You "Babble" at so much legal topics it is ridiculous, and equally funny at some of your posts.

No - I am not a lawyer. But I can read - interpret and deduce.

Individuals being convicted and/or sentenced "In absentia" happens in many countries.

Why don't you find a legal website / board.... to ask ridiculous questions.

In Absentia Law & Legal Definition

Rendition Fallout: Former CIA Officer Convicted in Absentia by Italy Possibly Arrested in Portugal

The rest of the research is on you. Google and ask.com are great internet assets - I suggest you use them.

Shadow 355

Turn yourself in already.

Forum List

Back