It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

It's the responsibility of government to take care of protectionist and provide for all his needs. Or, just some of them I guess. Which ones? Depends on the weather?

View attachment 586469

What's the basic idea here?
The basic idea here, is the need for society to PROTECT its elderly, low-income citizens, during a time of critical housing rental extremism, from the wolf pack of greedy, money-grabbing landlords, who pay no attention to those folks, while energetically racing to enrich themselves, as much as possible, regardless of the collateral damage fallout.

What you're babbling about, I have no idea, nor any interest in it.

There is no reason for new development to not occur.

You don't think less development will occur at $550 than at $1150?

No reason to think that would change one iota.

You must have been the worst econ teacher in history.
I don't think it...I KNOW it. $1150 is a FALSE item. It doesn't exist in the real world, but only in the concocted world of manipulations, by Biden, migrants, and investor sharks.

Back to reality - in a decent apartment complex with many amenities, 1 bedroom apartment rents for $600/month. As always, landlords make their profits, renters are happy, maintenance workers keep things going, everybody's happy. :biggrin:

The basic idea here, is the need for society to PROTECT its elderly, low-income citizens, during a time of critical housing rental extremism, from the wolf pack of greedy, money-grabbing landlords, who pay no attention to those folks, while energetically racing to enrich themselves, as much as possible, regardless of the collateral damage fallout.

You are blaming the wrong people, it's the damn democrats voting for assinine policy's and then running to cheaper red controlled places and doing the same thing

The basic idea here, is the need for society to PROTECT its elderly, low-income citizens

No, that's not the basic idea of a supply curve.

Of course not, because you have very little understanding of even basic economics.

I don't think it...I KNOW it. $1150 is a FALSE item. It doesn't exist in the real world, but only in the concocted world of manipulations, by Biden, migrants, and investor sharks.

Back to reality - in a decent apartment complex with many amenities, 1 bedroom apartment rents for $600/month. As always, landlords make their profits, renters are happy, maintenance workers keep things going, everybody's happy. :biggrin:

Back to reality - in a decent apartment complex with many amenities, 1 bedroom apartment rents for $600/month

Which is why you can't find that now....reality.

You should definitely buy or build a decent apartment complex with many amenities and only charge $600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

Post your profitability on this thread. Good luck!!!

You are blaming the wrong people, it's the damn democrats voting for assinine policy's and then running to cheaper red controlled places and doing the same thing
You'd have to clarify that. Too ambiguous.

The basic idea here, is the need for society to PROTECT its elderly, low-income citizens

No, that's not the basic idea of a supply curve.

Of course not, because you have very little understanding of even basic economics.
Correct, it is not the basic idea of a supply curve. It is the basic idea of THIS THREAD.
which has nothing whatsoever to do with any supply curve.

And you have already proven that you are clueless on basic economics. You get an F, student.

Back to reality - in a decent apartment complex with many amenities, 1 bedroom apartment rents for $600/month

Which is why you can't find that now....reality.

You should definitely buy or build a decent apartment complex with many amenities and only charge $600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment.

Post your profitability on this thread. Good luck!!!
NO, that's NOT why you can't find it now. The manipulations by Biden, migrants, and investor sharks, are why you can't find it now, combined with the worthlessness of impotent government.

A decent apartment complex with many amenities, charging $600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment would have a profitability the same as all the profitabilities that landlords had a few years ago, when 1 bdrm apts were commonly renting for $600/mo, and landlords were doing fine, from year to year. Nothing has changed in that respect. Ho hum.

Landlords don't need to gouge renters to make profits. They could just do what they've always done.

The gubberment should take care of me!!!!
Sometimes. Form follows function.

That's what government is for. Would you prefer to not have one at all ? What if there were no gubberment construction regulations ? Maybe the house you're living in, would collapse, and come crashing down on your head.

Maybe the food you eat would give you cancer. Maybe the car you drive, would turn into a fireball.

NO, that's NOT why you can't find it now. The manipulations by Biden, migrants, and investor sharks, are why you can't find it now, combined with the worthlessness of impotent government.

A decent apartment complex with many amenities, charging $600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment would have a profitability the same as all the profitabilities that landlords had a few years ago, when 1 bdrm apts were commonly renting for $600/mo, and landlords were doing fine, from year to year. Nothing has changed in that respect. Ho hum.

Landlords don't need to gouge renters to make profits. They could just do what they've always done.

Wait, too many buyers and not enough sellers makes the price go up?
That almost sounds like economics!

A decent apartment complex with many amenities, charging $600/month for a 1 bedroom apartment would have a profitability the same as all the profitabilities that landlords had a few years ago

Awesome!

So build one. Charge $600/month. Post your happy results.

It's called "the market". It has existed since the beginning of human interactions. You can't wish it away with legislation.

It is not exactly fair and has been less and less fair the last century.
The tax laws greatly cater to landlords with tax write off that owners can't get.
And it can easily be corrected with legislation.

Fascism is a political ideology. Communism is an economic ideology.

Apples are not the opposite or oranges.

Not really.
Fascism is a coalition of the aristocracy, military, and corporations, essentially the wealthy elite, in order to maximize profits. So fascism is actually entirely economic. The populist jingoes that fascist use to then be political successful then are political, but that is really the cover story and not the real thing.
And while communism is theoretically economic, the idea of pooling public resources for the benefit of the public, like if we had public health care, really is political. Just like having public schools, roads, police, firemen, etc., really is political as well.
I used to think political and economic issues were orthogonal, but they aren't really.
Think about communism.
That means cooperative, communal, and collective means of production, where you either work or rely on.
Well how could one have a means of production that was cooperative, communal, and collective, if you don't also have a democracy?
If you don't have a democracy, then the means of production would be controlled by an autocracy that would automatically prevent it from being cooperative, communal, and collective.
So communism DOES imply a political system of democracy as well as its implication of economic pooling.

I couldn't disagree more. That's exactly what government is NOT for.

Never said that. But government is there to protect our rights, our freedom to care for ourselves. We are not, nor should we aspire to be, wards of the state.

The only way to protect the rights of home, are for government to help collective bargain or collective investment in homes for everyone.

Forum List

Back