It's frightening just how few resources there are for men in Canada who have been abused by their significant other.

So, if I was the person you encountered as you walked into such an organization, what would you want from me, as a client?

I.can't place myself in that role.right now as I am struggling with the issues myself. It's complicated,.that's the most succinct way to describe it and it remains that way, though it has become a little more clear. It's not easy, you have to understand.

Let me ask you then. We own the home together, have for over a dozen years. What risks do I face if I leave the matrimonial home we purchased together?

None. You'll need to work out a financial arrangement, probably sell the house, or have her pay you out. If you bought 4 years ago, you'll make out like a bandit, but you'll need it because rental housing gone up outrageously.

Your name is on the deed so the equity will be split. In my first marriage, I bought out my husband's share of the house and kept it, but I had to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay him out. We had a big down payment when we bought it, from the sale of our first house, and we owned the place for 3 years before we split.

New Topics

Forum List

Back