it's BOTH the rich & poor's fault: the rich (like Trump) don't pay taxes, & the poor get welfare...so the middle class gets screwed

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
there are the makers and the takers. the middle class are the makers, and the rich and poor are the takers who get a free ride, while the middle class get a lousy MAGA hat, which they can't wear now that Trump is out of office

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI

there are the makers and the takers. the middle class are the makers, and the rich and poor are the takers who get a free ride, while the middle class get a lousy MAGA hat, which they can't wear now that Trump is out of office

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI
Funny , i am in the top 10% income bracket, and i pay taxes. Are you trying to say those who have stocks like Jeff Bezos doesnt pay taxes? Not yet, but when he sells his stocks, he does pay taxes.

WPTIA-2019_Chart1.png

• Banned
i say to those rich hypocrites who haven't payed a nickel in taxes last year: no more, fellas, Biden's coming! BIDEN'S COMING!

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI
I have to respectfully disagree. It’s not the rich and poor at fault, it’s ME! I’m straight, I’m a boomer, I’m white, and I’m financially secure. So the consensus of opinion it’s that EVERYTHING is my fault.

i say to those rich hypocrites who haven't payed a nickel in taxes last year: no more, fellas, Biden's coming! BIDEN'S COMING!
Well, think about it. The rich don’t have enough to fund Bidumb’s agenda. So ewe too will pay higher taxes and then that still won’t be enough.

How can we fix the Budget Deficit, save SS & Medicare, and make the "income inequality gap" more fair?
1. Do any or all of the well published "fixes" for SS & Medicare. Remove the "caps", increase co-pays, raise the retirement ages from 62 to 64, and 65 to 67, over time, etc.
2. Increase Federal revenue by:
a. Make capital gains regular income (i.e. tax at same rate)
b. Add a "Transaction Tax" on all financial transactions
c. Add a "Remittance Tax" on all money sent out of the US
d. Add a "Federal Sales Tax" on all items sold in the US
e. Eliminate tax loop-holes, like the ones that lets Trump avoid paying taxes.

So you ignored the statistics of 2019? Where the most revenue brought in to the US treasury was from the top 15%, while the bottom 50% pay hardly anything. Why dont they pay their fair share?
I haven’t seen the 2019 figures, bit in 2017, the top 10% had a total Gross income of around 5.2 trillion. The bottom 50% had a total gross income of around 1.2 trillion. The bottom 50% pays a much larger portion of its income for Social security and Medicare. It kinda makes sense that more tax revenue comes from the group with the most income

So you ignored the statistics of 2019? Where the most revenue brought in to the US treasury was from the top 15%, while the bottom 50% pay hardly anything. Why dont they pay their fair share?
I haven’t seen the 2019 figures, bit in 2017, the top 10% had a total Gross income of around 5.2 trillion. The bottom 50% had a total gross income of around 1.2 trillion. The bottom 50% pays a much larger portion of its income for Social security and Medicare. It kinda makes sense that more tax revenue comes from the group with the most income

Not sure what you are saying here. For those that pay taxes, we all have the same percentage taken out for SS and Medicare. That is a flat tax of sort at 12.4% for SS unless you are self-employed in which case the 6.2 percent paid by employers is now their responsibility. The flat rate for Medicare is 2.9% again where 1.45% is picked up by the employer and the other by the employee unless self-employed where they pay the full 2.9%.

I agree that of course more revenue, based on percentage, should come from the higher income levels, that is no surprise, but, aside from the ultra-wealthy who are well inside the top 1%, the majority of "rich" folks don't have a team of accountants getting them some special sweetheart of a deal that gets their effective tax rate down below that of the lower brackets. We do very well and yet we use 1 ordinary accountant who has many clients from many different economic levels. We are able to itemize and write off losses, but our effective tax rate at the end of the day is still in the 24% range after all is said and done which is nearly double that of a couple making between $19,751 and $80,250, without any deductions at all. Paying more than twice the percentage, IMO, constitutes paying our fair share and then some.

Not sure what you are saying here. For those that pay taxes, we all have the same percentage taken out for SS and Medicare. That is a flat tax of sort at 12.4% for SS unless you are self-employed in which case the 6.2 percent paid by employers is now their responsibility. The flat rate for Medicare is 2.9% again where 1.45% is picked up by the employer and the other by the employee unless self-employed where they pay the full 2.9%.

I agree that of course more revenue, based on percentage, should come from the higher income levels, that is no surprise, but, aside from the ultra-wealthy who are well inside the top 1%, the majority of "rich" folks don't have a team of accountants getting them some special sweetheart of a deal that gets their effective tax rate down below that of the lower brackets. We do very well and yet we use 1 ordinary accountant who has many clients from many different economic levels. We are able to itemize and write off losses, but our effective tax rate at the end of the day is still in the 24% range after all is said and done which is nearly double that of a couple making between $19,751 and $80,250, without any deductions at all. Paying more than twice the percentage, IMO, constitutes paying our fair share and then some.
Social security rate is 6.2% and is capped at an income level of $137,000. So any income above that amount is not subject is SS. Anyone making 137,000 or less will pay 6.2% of his income for SS. Anyone making more than that will a lower percentage of his income going to SS. The Medicare rules are somewhat different but the Medicare portion of FICA is much lower.

the net result is that FICA is a regressive tax.

Our corrupt politicians have always know that the middle class is where the money is. Why else do you think the government largest source of revenue is income taxes?

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI
Funny , i am in the top 10% income bracket, and i pay taxes. Are you trying to say those who have stocks like Jeff Bezos doesnt pay taxes? Not yet, but when he sells his stocks, he does pay taxes.

WPTIA-2019_Chart1.png

No, Bezos will probably not pay taxes on his stock because he probably won't sell the stocks. Instead, he will create a Charitable Remainder Trust. The trust will sell the stocks, provide him with income, and he gets to deduct the value of the stocks as they were sold. The trust, if a IRS certified charity, will not pay income taxes on the capital gains, Bezos gets to deduct the full amount of the sell of the stock, less any anticipated future income from the trust, from his taxes.

It is a bogus argument, that the wealthy pay most of the taxes because, yes, the wealthy garnish most of the income. I am all for the wealthy paying a lower percentage of the total taxes. To make that happen it is simple, you raise the marginal tax rate on the wealthy, significantly. When those marginal rate were above 60% the wealthy paid a much lower percentage of total taxes, because they had a much lower share of total income. It is a bogus argument because no way in hell the wealthy would be willing to trade the position they are in now for the position they were in when marginal tax rates were higher.

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI
Division, dirision and blame. We are all in this together the results are all of our responsibility.

How can we fix the Budget Deficit, save SS & Medicare, and make the "income inequality gap" more fair?
1. Do any or all of the well published "fixes" for SS & Medicare. Remove the "caps", increase co-pays, raise the retirement ages from 62 to 64, and 65 to 67, over time, etc.
2. Increase Federal revenue by:
a. Make capital gains regular income (i.e. tax at same rate)
b. Add a "Transaction Tax" on all financial transactions
c. Add a "Remittance Tax" on all money sent out of the US
d. Add a "Federal Sales Tax" on all items sold in the US
e. Eliminate tax loop-holes, like the ones that lets Trump avoid paying taxes.
Eliminate the mortgage deduction?

It is a bogus argument, that the wealthy pay most of the taxes because, yes, the wealthy garnish most of the income. I am all for the wealthy paying a lower percentage of the total taxes. To make that happen it is simple, you raise the marginal tax rate on the wealthy, significantly. When those marginal rate were above 60% the wealthy paid a much lower percentage of total taxes, because they had a much lower share of total income. It is a bogus argument because no way in hell the wealthy would be willing to trade the position they are in now for the position they were in when marginal tax rates were higher.
When you raise the taxes on the wealthy they move to a friendlier country. Sorry dude, but the wealthy can afford to move, and then the bitching middle class has to pick up the bill again. CUT THE FUCKING SPENDING. Dont need to send millions of dollars to other countries so they can study genders, and cut the welfare, because those who sit on their ass and do nothing but smoke dope and bitch and moan, need to get a fucking job.....

Er2VAmbW8AAlLNI
I have to respectfully disagree. It’s not the rich and poor at fault, it’s ME! I’m straight, I’m a boomer, I’m white, and I’m financially secure. So the consensus of opinion it’s that EVERYTHING is my fault.

That's right. You caused all this mess and you need to give more.

When you raise the taxes on the wealthy they move to a friendlier country. Sorry dude, but the wealthy can afford to move, and then the bitching middle class has to pick up the bill again. CUT THE FUCKING SPENDING. Dont need to send millions of dollars to other countries so they can study genders, and cut the welfare, because those who sit on their ass and do nothing but smoke dope and bitch and moan, need to get a fucking job.....

First, if the wealthy want to leave because of taxes, well don't let the door kick them in the ass on the way out, I don't want them here. Second, if someone is happy sitting on their ass and collecting welfare, then God bless them. Keep collecting welfare, I am more than willing to pay them to stay the hell out of my way. If someone has so little motivation that welfare makes them happy, then no, I don't want them in the labor force.

Perfect example. I worked on a sales team at a furniture store. They hired this girl who was absolutely terrible. She would actually pan-handle her clients and she didn't sell jackshit. So I approached the rest of the sales team. Asked them to donate money to the worthless bitch so she would quit burning ups and we can sell to the clients she was getting. They all agreed. We sent her packing, and we all made more money. She actually bought a car with the money we gave her, and it was more than worth it.

First, if the wealthy want to leave because of taxes, well don't let the door kick them in the ass on the way out, I don't want them here. Second, if someone is happy sitting on their ass and collecting welfare, then God bless them. Keep collecting welfare, I am more than willing to pay them to stay the hell out of my way. If someone has so little motivation that welfare makes them happy, then no, I don't want them in the labor force.

Perfect example. I worked on a sales team at a furniture store. They hired this girl who was absolutely terrible. She would actually pan-handle her clients and she didn't sell jackshit. So I approached the rest of the sales team. Asked them to donate money to the worthless bitch so she would quit burning ups and we can sell to the clients she was getting. They all agreed. We sent her packing, and we all made more money. She actually bought a car with the money we gave her, and it was more than worth it.
I guess you never heard of when the majority of the people arent working but taking from the system, the system is going to fail, you dont give a shit about it, as long as it doesnt get in your way ? Either you are an ignorant fool, or just a Demoncrap voter who wont give a shit until it does affect you, but by then it will be too late...

Cloward and Piven were both professors at the Columbia University School of Social Work. The strategy was outlined in a May 1966 article in the liberal magazine The Nation titled "The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty".
The two stated that many Americans who were eligible for welfare were not receiving benefits, and that a welfare enrollment drive would strain local budgets, precipitating a crisis at the state and local levels th…
Wikipedia · Text under CC-BY-SA license

Forum List

Back