It's Bizarro World With EV's.

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Rivian just had its IPO, and it's presently trading at $122. That's not what is bizarre, what is bizarre is the valuation of the company. I've been watching this closely and its value has bounced between 76 billion and, according to this latest story, 116 billion. For context, Ford is valued at 80 billion, and sells a million cars a year. Rivian has sold 50. I believe their value is wildly inflated, but they are a success story in the making, on this I have no doubt. I also personally know people who work there.

And here is why Wall St. is so bullish on Rivian:

Does this make sense? Traders have grappled with Tesla’s stratospheric valuation for years. Many investing pros who bet that Tesla was overvalued crashed and burned as the stock soared beyond almost anybody’s best guess. The market now seems to view Rivian as a Tesla-in-the-making, especially since it already has backing from Amazon and Ford. By focusing on sport pickups and delivery vans, Rivian has one foot in consumer vehicles and the other in commercial applications, a shrewd mix that lets the company spread its bets on a trend that is already a revolution in ground transportation.

The revolution has begun, my friends. The horse and buggy crowd will shriek in agony, much like a dinosaur slowly sinking into extinction.

The entire market is over valued. Is this an extreme example of what we have everywhere? Yes.

There has to be a big correction at some point.

The big hit Tesla stock just took is probably a good thing.

Rivian just had its IPO, and it's presently trading at $122. That's not what is bizarre, what is bizarre is the valuation of the company. I've been watching this closely and its value has bounced between 76 billion and, according to this latest story, 116 billion. For context, Ford is valued at 80 billion, and sells a million cars a year. Rivian has sold 50. I believe their value is wildly inflated, but they are a success story in the making, on this I have no doubt. I also personally know people who work there.

And here is why Wall St. is so bullish on Rivian:

Does this make sense? Traders have grappled with Tesla’s stratospheric valuation for years. Many investing pros who bet that Tesla was overvalued crashed and burned as the stock soared beyond almost anybody’s best guess. The market now seems to view Rivian as a Tesla-in-the-making, especially since it already has backing from Amazon and Ford. By focusing on sport pickups and delivery vans, Rivian has one foot in consumer vehicles and the other in commercial applications, a shrewd mix that lets the company spread its bets on a trend that is already a revolution in ground transportation.

The revolution has begun, my friends. The horse and buggy crowd will shriek in agony, much like a dinosaur slowly sinking into extinction.

If you wanted to go and buy a company, you would pay an amount based on it's profit in it's accounts. A million dollar turnover company with a $100,000 profit is more value than a billion dollar turnover company making a loss.

Anyone daft enough would buy the billion dollar company, but that's a risk. It's like putting your money in a savings account that gives you a minus interest rate.

If you wanted to go and buy a company, you would pay an amount based on it's profit in it's accounts. A million dollar turnover company with a $100,000 profit is more value than a billion dollar turnover company making a loss.

Anyone daft enough would buy the billion dollar company, but that's a risk. It's like putting your money in a savings account that gives you a minus interest rate.
Damn, but you are one fucked up dummy. How much profit did Intel or Microsoft make in it's first years? Tesla has increased in value because they cannot make enough of their products to satisfy the market. Even when all four huge factories are up and running, and they produce a million and a half vehicles next year, they will still be running way behind demand. And will probably start building another two or three huge factories. The demand for their vehicles, batteries, and solar products far exceeds their production capacity, and will for years to come. And everyone else is playing catchup, while Tesla is still innovating.

Damn, but you are one fucked up dummy. How much profit did Intel or Microsoft make in it's first years? Tesla has increased in value because they cannot make enough of their products to satisfy the market. Even when all four huge factories are up and running, and they produce a million and a half vehicles next year, they will still be running way behind demand. And will probably start building another two or three huge factories. The demand for their vehicles, batteries, and solar products far exceeds their production capacity, and will for years to come. And everyone else is playing catchup, while Tesla is still innovating.
The reason for your stupid post is because you haven't a fucking clue how an accountant values a business. If you get off your lazy arse, get in the EV that you haven't got and go see an accountant, he/she will tell you that it'll be based on it's profit. If you wish to pay differently, then that's your choice and it's called risk, but I already said that, fucking retard.

The reason for your stupid post is because you haven't a fucking clue how an accountant values a business. If you get off your lazy arse, get in the EV that you haven't got and go see an accountant, he/she will tell you that it'll be based on it's profit. If you wish to pay differently, then that's your choice and it's called risk, but I already said that, fucking retard.
Apparently you are blind.

Electric car sales in the UK have jumped by 186 per cent to 108,000 in 2020, up from just 38,000 in 2019, according to a new study, shared exclusively with City A.M. this morning.Sep 27, 2021

Apparently you are blind.

Electric car sales in the UK have jumped by 186 per cent to 108,000 in 2020, up from just 38,000 in 2019, according to a new study, shared exclusively with City A.M. this morning.Sep 27, 2021
According to the packaging, the meat content on my frozen kebab has gone up a whopping 50%. But I'm not a gullible idiot on big numbers, it's gone from 5% meat content to 7.5%. There are over 40 million cars on the road in the UK and you just got an erection because your sales jumped 186% 🤔

Another one is born everyday.

Forum List

Back