It's almost August

"We have runaway inflation, rampant lawlessness in all the blue cities...."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, poster kyzr, I read the above quote of yours and I wonder --'how sad for his family', they must live in terrible circumstances.'

I live in a 'blue city' (meaning the mayor and much of the council are Democrats...actually a 50/50 split)....and 'no, there is no rampant lawlessness as you claim'. I travel to 'blue cities' and I do not see or experience this lawlessness that you shrill about. In my opinion, you are living in a nightmare that you yourself have imagined or created for your family. It is not the reality of broad swaths of America. In fact, America is doing just fine.

As I've travelled about the country since January of 2021, things look pretty doggone normal to me. Masks are going away quickly. Though polite people still social distance at the grocery, lumber yard, mill, farm-stores that I frequent....but very few are wearing masks.

People are out and about buying stuff. Lots of stuff. Cars --new and used --are a challenge to get because of the 'supply' issue that poster Crepitus rightfully described. Covid mitigation by our governments, businesses, and private individuals had a ginormous effect on production. We are catching up, but America and the world WILL catch up........absent a new variant that is immune to current vaccines. But that curtailing of production left the shelves empty in certain sectors and hence prices rise via the supply/demand dynamic.

I, for one, think your ChickenLittle-Sky-Is-Falling claim is dead wrong for the America I experience. It may be dead solid correct for your family and for where you live. And that's regrettable, but......but the rest of America is moving along just fine.

Sorry about the life you perceived you've made for you and your family.

"We have runaway inflation, rampant lawlessness in all the blue cities...."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, poster kyzr, I read the above quote of yours and I wonder --'how sad for his family', they must live in terrible circumstances.'

I live in a 'blue city' (meaning the mayor and much of the council are Democrats...actually a 50/50 split)....and 'no, there is no rampant lawlessness as you claim'. I travel to 'blue cities' and I do not see or experience this lawlessness that you shrill about. In my opinion, you are living in a nightmare that you yourself have imagined or created for your family. It is not the reality of broad swaths of America. In fact, America is doing just fine.

As I've travelled about the country since January of 2021, things look pretty doggone normal to me. Masks are going away quickly. Though polite people still social distance at the grocery, lumber yard, mill, farm-stores that I frequent....but very few are wearing masks.

People are out and about buying stuff. Lots of stuff. Cars --new and used --are a challenge to get because of the 'supply' issue that poster Crepitus rightfully described. Covid mitigation by our governments, businesses, and private individuals had a ginormous effect on production. We are catching up, but America and the world WILL catch up........absent a new variant that is immune to current vaccines. But that curtailing of production left the shelves empty in certain sectors and hence prices rise via the supply/demand dynamic.

I, for one, think your ChickenLittle-Sky-Is-Falling claim is dead wrong for the America I experience. It may be dead solid correct for your family and for where you live. And that's regrettable, but......but the rest of America is moving along just fine.

Sorry about the life you perceived you've made for you and your family.
If the voters are happy with the way democrats are running the country they will be re-elected.
If the voters are unhappy they will "throw the bums out".
That's why we have elections, we'll see how the voters feel in 2022 and 2024.

If the voters are happy with the way democrats are running the country they will be re-elected.
If the voters are unhappy they will "throw the bums out".
That's why we have elections, we'll see how the voters feel in 2022 and 2024.
605a763yrvk71.jpg

Forum List

Back