“It’s a Long Tradition in RI,” Whitehouse Defends Family’s Membership in All-White Club

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
White supremacist alert! Quick! Call Merrick 'Mr. Moderate' Garland.

The hypocrisy of Democrats never ends.

U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse continues to defend his family's membership in the all-white private Bailey’s Beach Club in Newport.

GoLocal interviewed Whitehouse on Friday in Pawtucket and when asked if the private club had admitted any minorities since GoLocal first raised the issue in 2017, Whitehouse said, “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that and I’m sorry it hasn't happened yet.”

Both Whitehouse and his wife Sandra as well as their families have been members of the club for decades. Whitehouse did transfer his shares in the club to his wife years ago, and she is now one of the largest shareholders in the all-white club. The club's membership is a who's who Newport, Palm Beach, and New York wealth.

“It's a long tradition in Rhode Island and there are many of them and I think we just need to work our way through the issues, thank you,” said Whitehouse as he was ushered away by a staffer.

The interview took place on the eve of the new national holiday Juneteenth National Independence Day.

As with every other issue the left pushes, there is grotesque hypocrisy and no truth.

How can anything be more racist than saying

Hey you, with skin color X, you must agree with me and never question my views or I will call you names, wreck your life, go after your family etc....

Democrats think blacks do not have the right to disagree with democrats. How can anything possibly be more racist than that?

Damn, you caught all us whites red handed again. All those white male nationalist fighting and died to free blacks from slavery. 60 thousand? Meaningless. Um the civil rights laws passed by whites to fight racism in the 60's? Equal opportunity laws and various other laws? Meaningless. side note: I know of Africans from say, Nigeria, Somalia, Uganda and other African countries. They fled actual oppression, especially Ugandans: Black on black genocide. Funny, those blacks manage to thrive. Why can't American blacks? what is really holding them back?

As with every other issue the left pushes, there is grotesque hypocrisy and no truth.

How can anything be more racist than saying

Hey you, with skin color X, you must agree with me and never question my views or I will call you names, wreck your life, go after your family etc....

Democrats think blacks do not have the right to disagree with democrats. How can anything possibly be more racist than that?
Interestingly ----the CLUB aka TRIBAL ethos does seem to be very strong amongst
the NEW DEMOCRATS who insist on Identifying themselves as "PERSONS OF COLOR"--
a really tight group-----when I was in high school such behavior was disdained as
CLIQUES

This is what Racist say:

" ... Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

This is what Racist say:

" ... Now, had the tables been turned -- Joe, this could get me in trouble -- had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and Antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned."

This is what racists say:

"I guess the folks there did not feel comfortable about a Racist, trump Humper? Gee....I am shocked."

Well, he's white
and a Racist....
In your twisted view of the world the two are synonymous.

Democrat is synonymous with racist. The Democrat party is the party of slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, lynching, cross burning, segregation and today they exploit race for political benefit. And Joe Biden is the biggest racist in major party politics.

JimH52 is in the right party, the pure racist party

Hearing that someone named Sheldon Whitehouse is a member at an exclusive all-white private beach club isn't surprising. One where, and I quote, "Jewish, yes. … Blacks, not really." Then you find out Sen. Whitehouse is a Democrat sentator and it's ... actually, it's even less surprising. Whitehouse was one of the senators who filibustered his African-American's colleague police reform bill. Democrats like Whitehouse may virtue-signal a good game. But when it comes to their own lives, it's a lot of "equity for thee but not for me." Yes, even after making Juneteenth a federal holiday.

SHELDON WHITEHOUSE, his wife & their families have been members of an all-white private beach club for decades.

Woke Democrat Senator Busted for Membership at All-White Beach Club (in 2021), Gives Pathetic Excuse

Basically that is what he is saying and what he is defending. Just because it's long been traditional does not somehow make it OK.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse is facing new scrutiny over his decades-long membership in an allegedly all-white private beach club, as he bills himself as a progressive and prominent critic of “systemic racism” — dismissing membership based on race as “a long tradition in Rhode Island.”

Sheldon Whitehouse under fire for membership at all-white Rhode Island beach club

Just because an elitist White Democrat politician attends an All-White cub that has NEVER had any black members doesn't make the politician 'racist' or make the All-White Club 'racially biased / exclusive'....

:cool:

Forum List

Back