It's A Conspiracy! A Conspiracy, I tell ya!

Oct 8, 2009
So. Here we have the OWS protests spreading like wildfire across "1,000 countries" (according to Diane Sawyer) and, suddenly, a couple of days ago, BlackBerry's servers across Europe, EMEA, India, Brazil, etc went down. No explanation from BlackBerry, other than 'we're working on it'.

Now, according to the British Police, BlackBerry's messenger system (BBM) was used by rioters to coordinate riots across the UK.

So, my question.... has BlackBerry deliberately disabled it's server in case OWS protesters are using it to spread their (idiotic - that's a personal view) word across the globe?

:eek:

This generally pisses me off because I use BBM constantly to keep in touch with friends and family around the world. It is the best - most secure - and untrackable - messenger system.

Damn it to hell! I want my BBM back!

Even more inconvenient.... cutting their service means no email on my cell. I cannot tell you how totally pissed I am.

Rant - and conspiracy theory - over.

• Banned
That's why I only use my Android for two things and they don't involve texting, IM or e-mail.

I have no choice. I use both IM and email for work and it is incredibly hard to function without this service. Hence me being totally pissed about it.

But, also, the more I think about it - the more I think I'm right about why the system is down. :evil::evil:

So, my question.... has BlackBerry deliberately disabled it's server in case OWS protesters are using it to spread their (idiotic - that's a personal view) word across the globe?

I had thought it might be an Interpol thing but since it is only BB experiencing the problem it might be a infestation problem like the key stroking bug the DOD has in the drone software. They may have found something and are trying to correct it before the word gets out.

So. Here we have the OWS protests spreading like wildfire across "1,000 countries" (according to Diane Sawyer) and, suddenly, a couple of days ago, BlackBerry's servers across Europe, EMEA, India, Brazil, etc went down. No explanation from BlackBerry, other than 'we're working on it'.

Now, according to the British Police, BlackBerry's messenger system (BBM) was used by rioters to coordinate riots across the UK.

This generally pisses me off because I use BBM constantly to keep in touch with friends and family around the world. It is the best - most secure - and untrackable - messenger system.

Even more inconvenient.... cutting their service means no email on my cell. I cannot tell you how totally pissed I am.

Very good and very interesting points. :dunno: I certainly miss my bb. :(

• Banned

Very good and very interesting points. :dunno: I certainly miss my bb. :(

My reason for thinking it's deliberate from BlackBerry is that they came in for a lot of criticism over the UK riots - lots of people asking why they did not take the service down to help stop the rioting.

Of course, it could be that they just have a fairly major problem that they are trying to fix but the timing seems a tad convenient to me.

If that is the case.... GOOD FOR BLACKBERRY!

As to the rest.... haven't you heard of letters and stamps? You do know that blackberry is also a phone don't you? :lol:

If that is the case.... GOOD FOR BLACKBERRY!

As to the rest.... haven't you heard of letters and stamps? You do know that blackberry is also a phone don't you? :lol:

Good for BlackBerry, not so great for those of us who rely on that service for our business.

My business relies on me being able to contact people quickly, easily and cost effectively. Quickly and easily rules out the 'snail mail' option. And, since my clients are around the world, cost effectively rules out using the phone for a lot of it.

Walk in my shoes before you bitch about it, mo chara.

Poor CG, inconvenienced by a civil rights movement.

What about my right to conduct business? Oh, yea. That doesn't count... evil people who work for a living. How dare we complain!

Go screw yourself Sky.

There was a guy who climbed up onto the bridge during commute, wanting to jump. They stopped traffic in both directions for hours. I was of the opinion... just shoot him. He is trying up the commute.

:lol:

What about my right to conduct business? Oh, yea. That doesn't count... evil people who work for a living. How dare we complain!

Go screw yourself Sky.

There was a guy who climbed up onto the bridge during commute, wanting to jump. They stopped traffic in both directions for hours. I was of the opinion... just shoot him. He is trying up the commute.

:lol:

I can relate to that. :lol:

Seriously, I get on average 20 emails per day... I have deadlines to meet so I need to be able to respond to those emails quickly. One of the main reasons I use BB is because it's damned brilliant for email and has a secure messenger system. Almost everyone I know uses BB so I can keep in touch with everyone - and that includes clients.

It's inconvenient, sure... It's not gonna kill me so I'm not having a total meltdown over it... and, of course, unless BB actually admits that they've shut down parts of their system, it's all just speculation.

Go screw yourself Sky.

Complain all you wish. I just think it's funny you are blaming the left for your inconvenience.

And now to tell me to fuck myself.

When you're pissed off, EVERYBODY suffers.

Forum List

Back