President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Test message from mobile. Ignore.

:rolleyes:

You’re being dishonest thinking this issue was simply a church visit... it was everything that surrounded the visit
This is the issue I think about the most here.

For people on the very ends of the spectrum, is it dishonesty or ideology? I'm pretty sure that a hardcore ideologue actually believes the things they say. I don't think that's dishonesty. I mean, they're serious and I think they're being honest when they say what they say. Maybe.

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious, and I've become convinced that people can talk themselves into believing some pretty incredible stuff, via their subconscious. So again, is that lying?

Pretty interesting stuff.
I don’t think it is honesty. Correll was all over this thread yesterday and shown the photos, articles and videos of what happened... so when he/she presents the argument like it was all about denouncing damage to churches then that is very dishonest. It’s a waste of time at this point
... which is why I'm done with asymmetrical conversations here.

It's much easier in real life to communicate with people with whom I disagree. You can look 'em in the eye and they can tell you know they're bullshitting.

:cool-45:

Your done again?
With people like you, yes.

You’re being dishonest thinking this issue was simply a church visit... it was everything that surrounded the visit
This is the issue I think about the most here.

For people on the very ends of the spectrum, is it dishonesty or ideology? I'm pretty sure that a hardcore ideologue actually believes the things they say. I don't think that's dishonesty. I mean, they're serious and I think they're being honest when they say what they say. Maybe.

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious, and I've become convinced that people can talk themselves into believing some pretty incredible stuff, via their subconscious. So again, is that lying?

Pretty interesting stuff.
I don’t think it is honesty. Correll was all over this thread yesterday and shown the photos, articles and videos of what happened... so when he/she presents the argument like it was all about denouncing damage to churches then that is very dishonest. It’s a waste of time at this point
... which is why I'm done with asymmetrical conversations here.

It's much easier in real life to communicate with people with whom I disagree. You can look 'em in the eye and they can tell you know they're bullshitting.

:cool-45:

Your done again?
With people like you, yes.

Just turn on the news if you want sycophants.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

So, using that logic, if I post pictures of Biden with a flag and/or going to church, you will disavow him as a possible fascist?

LOL!! Just kidding. I know you didn't mean anything by your words.
I know you're smart enough to understand what that quote said. Playing dumb isn't going to further an argument with me.

The quote was total nonsense, president Trump is the most pro freedom president we have had in ages.

Meanwhile Antifa is attacking people on our streets for political goals. You should take note who are the fascist, and who is on the side of Americans and freedom in the equation. Anyone with IQ over 65 has realized it a long time ago.
Fascists just want power. They've only got one "side" -- their own. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye? I believe there is truth in the quote I put up. It says IT IS HOW IT WILL START. I offered it as a warning, not an accusation. There are dark forces at work in our country and it is our job as fair minded citizens who love our country to continue to stand for freedom and equality for ALL our people, to show decency and respect for all human beings.

My feelings toward Trump aren't as extreme and as hypercritical as a lot of the posters here; I try to see both sides and judge each incident on its own merits. But there IS, imo, an undercurrent here of militarism and an unwillingness to welcome a dialogue with his people who obviously have a BIG issue they want heard. What was Trump's reaction to the peaceful protests of Colin Kaepernick? Remember? FIRE THE BASTARD!
View attachment 344684

Your stupidity knows no bounds does it.

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Do you just enjoy displaying your lack of intelligence and cluelessness?

Or do you believe whites and cops should be murdered for 9 unarmed blacks killed in 10 million arrests?

Go ahead, challenge me on those facts and I'll own you as I always do.
There are extremes on both ends and they are struggling for power, not peaceful co-existence. I worked with cops for a number of years. They are basically fair minded and they have tough jobs. I respect them.
You're fighting a person who exists only in your mind.

P.S. BLACK LIVES DO MATTER!!!!

Those are LEADERS saying those things about whites and police YOU MORON!

You are embracing a movement that is ON RECORD hating police and whites.

Do you want to defund the police? That's what the racists in this shit organization want! Its on their website if you were smart enough to check.

Jesus Christ how can you be so stupid?

ALL LIVES MATTER not just racist blacks in BLM!
No shit all lives matter I’m so sick of hearing that ignorant and transparent retort. You obviously don’t care to take the time to try to understand what’s going on with the BLM movement so continue to live in ignorance and bitch about it, that’s your choice.

I've quoted their racist leaders and sighted their website.

Other than sheer stupidity and ignorance what have you proven other than your lack of basic knowledge about this racist hate group?
Racist?

Do you need a map? Calling whites sub human is racist genius.

You think they are targeting and feeling superior to a marginalized Minority group?
They definitely spew hate. Hate towards the injustice they are fighting against. That’s for sure. Some take it too far, I agree. It still seems like you’re missing the message

No. Racism towards whites and hate towards cops. Unlike your clueless ass I've actually quoted their leaders. I've shown their website where they want to defund cops. You've got NOTHING but empty promises to back up your fantasy claim.

Either you are the biggest liar I've seen in a while or you're just a flat out racist. Their ACTIONS not the words you spew are how they are judged.
So I’m either a liar or a racist huh? That’s an interesting analysis. Don’t know why I would waste my time explaining my case to somebody so narrow minded. How about you just go on assuming both and carry on dismissing everything I say
:desk:

2 corinthians told the chosen one to hold it backwards & upside down for that stellar photo op....

View attachment 345431

:113:
It still blows my mind that he thought that standing there with someone's Bible and a stern look on his face was going to accomplish something.

I wonder what the goal was. I wonder what his staff was thinking when they saw him doing that.
they thought it would trigger the Left and start a big fight and his supporters would love it. As the Left bitched about Trump being at church with a bible they could make that the debate and fight back by calling the Left unhinged and focusing on meaningless stuff as communities burn. These are the divisive little fires that Trump lites all the time. It’s how he diverts the heat of bad press to a different fight that he feels better about fighting. Usually from serious stuff to petty stuff in his wheel house.
This is a moment in which the country needs a leader with great, sincere empathy.

None to be found in this White House.

President Trump cares a lot about America, that much is clear.
I think he cares about himself and tries to wrap himself on the flag to pander to his supporters. If he truly cared about America he would at least try to represent ALL of America and not only the 30% that support him while demonizing the rest.
If you include eligible voters who didn't vote, only about 26% of eligible voters actually voted for him in 2016.

So he figures that's all he needs to pander to. He may be right, we'll see. But he doesn't give a shit about the rest.

Speaking out against burning churches is not pandering to 26% of the country.
Yes, that would be one issue among many.

Exceptions prove the rule.

Your anti-Trump hate and anger are making you see completely reasonable acts, is an insanely dark light.

What exactly, is "surrounding" Trump's visit to the Church, that is sooooo terrible to justify your hysteria?
Ask the rector and bishop of the church who both were disgusted by what happened. Those who were peacefully protesting that were gased. If you’re still asking these questions then you are not paying attention to what ACTUALLY happened.

I ask you what he did, and I asked you to be specific.

IN response you point to some other people that are unhappy with him.

Do you even realize that you just demonstrated that your hate is making you blind?
I listed what he did many times. You’re playing dumb now. You know he gased a crowd to take the photo, you know he didn’t coordinate with the church at all, you know the list of things the churches staff has said about how he politicized the situation. Yet you ignore it all to troll and act stupid. Quit the act. It’s boring

Clearing the streets, when people are dying in the streets, is normal, mainstream behavior.

INdeed, in a saner and healthier society, he would be taking flak for NOT clearing the streets more aggressively.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

So, using that logic, if I post pictures of Biden with a flag and/or going to church, you will disavow him as a possible fascist?

I know you're smart enough to understand what that quote said. Playing dumb isn't going to further an argument with me.

The quote was total nonsense, president Trump is the most pro freedom president we have had in ages.

Meanwhile Antifa is attacking people on our streets for political goals. You should take note who are the fascist, and who is on the side of Americans and freedom in the equation. Anyone with IQ over 65 has realized it a long time ago.
Fascists just want power. They've only got one "side" -- their own. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye? I believe there is truth in the quote I put up. It says IT IS HOW IT WILL START. I offered it as a warning, not an accusation. There are dark forces at work in our country and it is our job as fair minded citizens who love our country to continue to stand for freedom and equality for ALL our people, to show decency and respect for all human beings.

My feelings toward Trump aren't as extreme and as hypercritical as a lot of the posters here; I try to see both sides and judge each incident on its own merits. But there IS, imo, an undercurrent here of militarism and an unwillingness to welcome a dialogue with his people who obviously have a BIG issue they want heard. What was Trump's reaction to the peaceful protests of Colin Kaepernick? Remember? FIRE THE BASTARD!
View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Or do you believe whites and cops should be murdered for 9 unarmed blacks killed in 10 million arrests?

There are extremes on both ends and they are struggling for power, not peaceful co-existence. I worked with cops for a number of years. They are basically fair minded and they have tough jobs. I respect them.

Do you want to defund the police? That's what the racists in this shit organization want! Its on their website if you were smart enough to check.

No shit all lives matter I’m so sick of hearing that ignorant and transparent retort. You obviously don’t care to take the time to try to understand what’s going on with the BLM movement so continue to live in ignorance and bitch about it, that’s your choice.

Other than sheer stupidity and ignorance what have you proven other than your lack of basic knowledge about this racist hate group?
Racist?

You think they are targeting and feeling superior to a marginalized Minority group?
They definitely spew hate. Hate towards the injustice they are fighting against. That’s for sure. Some take it too far, I agree. It still seems like you’re missing the message

No. Racism towards whites and hate towards cops. Unlike your clueless ass I've actually quoted their leaders. I've shown their website where they want to defund cops. You've got NOTHING but empty promises to back up your fantasy claim.

Either you are the biggest liar I've seen in a while or you're just a flat out racist. Their ACTIONS not the words you spew are how they are judged.
So I’m either a liar or a racist huh? That’s an interesting analysis. Don’t know why I would waste my time explaining my case to somebody so narrow minded. How about you just go on assuming both and carry on dismissing everything I say

2 corinthians told the chosen one to hold it backwards & upside down for that stellar photo op....

View attachment 345431

It still blows my mind that he thought that standing there with someone's Bible and a stern look on his face was going to accomplish something.

I wonder what the goal was. I wonder what his staff was thinking when they saw him doing that.
they thought it would trigger the Left and start a big fight and his supporters would love it. As the Left bitched about Trump being at church with a bible they could make that the debate and fight back by calling the Left unhinged and focusing on meaningless stuff as communities burn. These are the divisive little fires that Trump lites all the time. It’s how he diverts the heat of bad press to a different fight that he feels better about fighting. Usually from serious stuff to petty stuff in his wheel house.
This is a moment in which the country needs a leader with great, sincere empathy.

I think he cares about himself and tries to wrap himself on the flag to pander to his supporters. If he truly cared about America he would at least try to represent ALL of America and not only the 30% that support him while demonizing the rest.
If you include eligible voters who didn't vote, only about 26% of eligible voters actually voted for him in 2016.

So he figures that's all he needs to pander to. He may be right, we'll see. But he doesn't give a shit about the rest.

Your anti-Trump hate and anger are making you see completely reasonable acts, is an insanely dark light.

What exactly, is "surrounding" Trump's visit to the Church, that is sooooo terrible to justify your hysteria?
Ask the rector and bishop of the church who both were disgusted by what happened. Those who were peacefully protesting that were gased. If you’re still asking these questions then you are not paying attention to what ACTUALLY happened.

Do you even realize that you just demonstrated that your hate is making you blind?
I listed what he did many times. You’re playing dumb now. You know he gased a crowd to take the photo, you know he didn’t coordinate with the church at all, you know the list of things the churches staff has said about how he politicized the situation. Yet you ignore it all to troll and act stupid. Quit the act. It’s boring

Clearing the streets, when people are dying in the streets, is normal, mainstream behavior.

INdeed, in a saner and healthier society, he would be taking flak for NOT clearing the streets more aggressively.
But people weren’t dying in the streets that were cleared. People were praying and protesting with leaders from that very church. You keep lying about this situation. Why?

I think Trump took the Medical advisors advice too many times contributing to the overreaction to a non pandemic situation. He took them too seriously uncritically at times.
Now that is the dumbest thing i have heard all day. Wow.

No, it is you who forgot what his own medical advisors said about him a while back.

It appears none of you ever looked up the definition of the word Pandemic, you can use Merriam-Webster, it won't hurt you.

Meanwhile you couldn't explain on why you though it was a dumb comment. it must be tough for you to appear intelligent around here.
What a bunch of vapid whining. Your comment was stupid. Everyone not a Trump cultist knows why. You claimed he listened too much to the experts. That is fucking stupid on every level, and you embarrass yourself.

View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Racist?

View attachment 345431

But people weren’t dying in the streets that were cleared. People were praying and protesting with leaders from that very church. You keep lying about this situation. Why?

When people are dying in the streets at the hands of violent mobs, you clear the streets, you don't wait for each instance of violence and death.

D'uh.

View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Racist?

View attachment 345431

When people are dying in the streets at the hands of violent mobs, you clear the streets, you don't wait for each instance of violence and death.

D'uh.
Nobody was dying in the streets! Unless you’re proposing that we clear every street in America, screw the constitution. Either way you’re being an idiot.

View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Racist?

View attachment 345431

D'uh.
Nobody was dying in the streets! Unless you’re proposing that we clear every street in America, screw the constitution. Either way you’re being an idiot.

Widespread unrest gets a widespread crackdown until people stop dying.

Clear the fucking streets.

And now look, the "idiot" has you all angry and stuff. And he's probably gloating over "owning a liberal".

BTW, folks, you really need to learn to cut back the quote tree. Chain-quoting an entire encyclopedia doesn't make any sense, particularly so in case you're but butting (dick-)heads.

The fact that no one has answered my three perfectly reasonable questions so far makes it pretty clear that, at some level, they know what this man is.
It shows you have a highly inflated opinion of what your posts are worth. Rioters were attempting to burn
down the St. John's Episcopal church and it was Trump, and his orders to bring out the National Guard,
that saved the church, not that the ideologues and partisans hiding in Bishop's clothing inside the church
that kept it in one piece.

The fact that no one has answered my three perfectly reasonable questions so far makes it pretty clear that, at some level, they know what this man is.
It shows you have a highly inflated opinion of what your posts are worth. Rioters were attempting to burn
down the St. John's Episcopal church and it was Trump, and his orders to bring out the National Guard,
that saved the church, not that the ideologues and partisans hiding in Bishop's clothing inside the church
that kept it in one piece.
Considering the reactions of the obedient Trumpsters to most of my posts about them, I think my opinion of my posts' value is pretty accurate.

If you don't like that, too bad.

Considering the reactions of the obedient Trumpsters to most of my posts about them, I think my opinion of my posts' value is pretty accurate.
Maybe you confuse contentious blather for valued exchanges of
information and reasoned debate.

Your view of your own worth is not something I like or dislike. It's something I mostly ignore.

Maybe you confuse contentious blather for valued exchanges of
information and reasoned debate.

Your view of your own worth is not something I like or dislike. It's something I mostly ignore.
Super!

I don't get it.

Dear Blackrook
(1) First, the left attacks the Christians for political reasons
to discredit opposition to abortion and LGBT agenda.
So anything to divide, demean and discredit becomes a strategic target
(2) To divide and dissuade Trump supporters, they
campaign to paint him as NONCHRISTIAN and a hypocrite.
They feel this gives them power to attack others
as they feel Christian and Conservative Republicans attack them and their causes.

Attacking Trump for this serves these two goals
(1) attacking the Christian base for supporting him
unless they join in attacking him
(if you notice, the left only uses Christians when it helps
them with their political LGBT, immigration or anti death penalty agenda.)
(2) spreading as much negative publicity about him
to weaken the support and faith that he can win re-election
so they can push their agenda as what America wants
and get more people to jump on that bandwagon with confidence
they are jealous that Trump has.

Anything to destroy that leadership
and relationship with Trump's support base.

In general, because Trump represents their fear of corporate buyouts
and favor/pandering in Govt, they blame him and Republicans for that,
and believe voting him out represents defeating that.

What they fail to take into account is the same corporate dealings
of their own Democratic Party elitists and leaders
ABUSING them for their own political gain.
They were able to forgive Obama, Bill Clinton or anyone
else on their side for doing worse things than Trump.
In general because the left does not use the Constitutional
laws to give people authority, they rely on Party
to get leaders elected they hope will represent them.

Unlike the Right, which relies on church and Christian leadership,
the Left relies on GOVT to serve as their church and Pope.
So their beliefs DEPENDS on getting their Party into Govt.

And you think Trump represents the church and Christian leadership? If that's true, you've got a fucked up religion, that is nothing like what Jesus taught. According to your depiction, modern Christianity is nothing more than a disgusting cult.

No, that's not at all what I said BULLDOG
I said the LEFT uses negative things to denounce the church and Christian leadership as corrupt.
What you are saying is EXACTLYL what liberals use to attack Christians.

I agree with you that the positive contributions
of Christianity are censored, but I'm saying it is demonized
by the left for politics.

Bullshit. You either support Trump using the Church, the Bible. and Christianity as props, or you don't. Makeup your mind.

Dear BULLDOG
I believe in enforcing the Constitution.
That includes both Trump expressing himself and
how people like you interpret that. So both are
welcome in my book, and I just ask that people
take responsibility for their interpretations, instead
of trying to make "other people responsible".
"Other people" are responsible for THEIR speech and interpretation.
Trump is responsible for his.
You are responsible for yours.
I am responsible for mine.
These do not need to agree, we all have our own beliefs
and interpretations, and we get along when we all take responsibility for ourselves.

www.isocracytx.net/hp-org/CHRguide.html

• We are not always going to agree or see everything the same way and that's O.K.

• Each person has a right to and responsibility for his or her own feelings, thoughts, and beliefs.

• It is important to avoid criticism or judgement about another person's sharing, point of view, and/or feelings.

• Avoid getting tied up in debate and argument. It rarely changes anything or anyone and tends to ultimately inhibit the sharing.

• We can only change ourselves. Our change and growth may, however, inspire someone else.

• Refrain from singling out any individual as "representing" his or her group or issue.

View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Racist?

View attachment 345431

sociopaths such as donny are incapable of empathy.

You are a terrorist.

The democrats are a party of terrorists waging a hot war against America. democrats must be treated today like Nazis on the battlefield in 1944. There is no difference between you and they.
No, you WISH I were a terrorist because that would allow you to rationalize and justify (in your mind and others of your ilk) targeting me with all the animosity and vitriol that results from impotent fury.

You might want to find an constructive outlet for that before we find you on T.V. having become the next mass shooter of innocents in the U.S.

Oh and just an aside, I'm not a Democrat.

View attachment 344684

View attachment 344805

View attachment 344806

Racist?

View attachment 345431

how about this cartoon boy:

Breaking|Jun 2, 2020,12:25pm EDT
Before Trump's Photo-Op, Police Forcibly Removed Priest From Church Grounds
Tommy BeerForbes Staff
Business

TOPLINE

Rev. Gini Gerbasi, who serves as rector at a neighboring church, said armored police forcibly removed her and other priests from the patio of Saint John's Episcopal Church, shortly before President Trump was photographed in front of Saint John's holding a bible.

At approximately 6:40 pm, police suddenly began to expel peaceful demonstrators from the park, firing tear gas and flash grenades to disperse the crowd.

Gerbasi said that a short time later, police in riot gear started "pushing on to the patio of St. John's," and that people around her began crying out in pain, claiming to be shot with non-lethal projectiles.

"I'm there in my little pink sweater in my collar, my gray hair up in a ponytail, my reading glasses on," said Gerbas, as she and others were forced to flee the scene.

Before Trump's Photo-Op, Police Forcibly Removed Priest From Church Grounds

he didn't give a damn about the church.

Forum List

Back