Italy Finally Turns the Corner — Coronavirus Confirmed Cases and Number of Deaths Begin Trending Down

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
All good things must come to an end, TDS morons. It looks like the epidemic will be over long before the election:

Italy Finally Turns the Corner -- Coronavirus Confirmed Cases and Number of Deaths Begin Trending Down

The first deaths were reported back on February 24th — one month ago. Since then there has been a wave of deaths.

Over 69,000 Italians tested positive for the coronavirus.

But the trend is starting to turn in Italy’s favor.

The past three days have seen a gradual decrease in cases reported.

All good things must come to an end, TDS morons. It looks like the epidemic will be over long before the election:

Italy Finally Turns the Corner -- Coronavirus Confirmed Cases and Number of Deaths Begin Trending Down

The first deaths were reported back on February 24th — one month ago. Since then there has been a wave of deaths.

That's great new for them. Hope we can say the same, too.

Italy is what comes of hugging virus carriers. Some day civics classes will use Italian leftists as an example of why civilization cannot survive leftism.

That's good news! Isn't it?

This is good news for them. I hope they can get out of this quickly, still a road ahead, but any positive sign has to be embraced.

They've been decimated, can any of us imagine how a proud nation that is a member of the G7 having to deal with military lined trucks carrying their dead away? Ditto for France, to a lesser degree.

The West has to get back to it's roots of civil liberties and protecting it's citizens interests. We all confronted Russia. China is a different animal altogether, but it's government too must be stared down and held to a basic standard.

Yep. Only 5,249 new cases of the 69,176 cases
only 743 new deaths of the 6,820 dead so far. About a 9.8% death rate.
Yeah Britpat, their doing mighty fine. Right?

Don't be stupider than you have to be. We all want this over with yesterday.

Though, testing has gotten better in all nations, so, it would be expected there would be a linear regression graph for some period of time. Until it hits a peek and then bell curves out.

Who knows when that time is. Therefore, a start (as much as it is indeed horrific), would be a decrease in cases with the more broadly applied testing that's being done, compared to 6 weeks ago.

But deaths continue to increase.

I hope you are correct.

I'd love to see the demographic numbers on those deaths.

Did some digging. 86% of those deaths were people over 70.

I understand how disappointed you must be that not as many people died as you had hoped.

I hope you are correct.

I admit, I'm not following the data on any country, except Canada. So, I take the word of the OP.

That said, obviously in general we want them to turn a corner, as we want it for every nation, even those I may not view as allies. Any progress is a positive. It's not going to happen overnight when you reach the numbers they have reached.

I hope you are correct.

I admit, I'm not following the data on any country, except Canada. So, I take the word of the OP.

That said, obviously in general we want them to turn a corner, as we want it for every nation, even those I may not view as allies. Any progress is a positive. It's not going to happen overnight when you reach the numbers they have reached.

The deaths are increasing. But other things to consider:

Most are in a single area.

Same with the U.S. New York/New Jersey account for about 50% of the cases and 40% of our deaths. We have six or seven states that have yet to report a fatal case.

I think this should tell you something.

Same with the U.S. New York/New Jersey account for about 50% of the cases and 40% of our deaths.
That's not "most".

And what this tells us (in addition to the data on LA, Chicago, etc) is that our cities got it first, which is exactly what we would expect. The rest of the country is blessed with a head start, and they should use it wisely.

Same with the U.S. New York/New Jersey account for about 50% of the cases and 40% of our deaths.
That's not "most".

And what this tells us (in addition to the data on LA, Chicago, etc) is that our cities got it first, which is exactly what we would expect. The rest of the country is blessed with a head start, and they should use it wisely.

About 70% of Italy's cases are in a single area.

I hope you are correct.

Italy wenr on lockdown 11 days ago. After 11 days of the lockdown, the numbers are coming down. Coincidence?

I hope you are correct.

Italy wenr on lockdown 11 days ago. After 11 days of the lockdown, the numbers are coming down. Coincidence?

We were headed downward too. A lot sooner than 11 days.

Until New York picked up the ball and decided to go for the gold.

About 70% of Italy's cases are in a single area
Yes, because that's the area where it began spreading. Now, it is all over Italy.

About 70% of Italy's cases are in a single area
Yes, because that's the area where it began spreading. Now, it is all over Italy.

Does not change the fact that they have one area that has been the hardest hit. Just like the U.S.

Forum List

Back