Italy deports Turkish student for Islamist posts online

Steinlight

VIP Member
Jan 30, 2014
Finally, some common sense shown by a European state in the face of the problem of Radical Islam. Hopefully man more deportations are to come across Europe.

A Turkish student studying at the prestigious Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa has been deported for allegedly posting extreme Islamist views on the internet.

The student, who had enrolled in a physics course at the Tuscan university for the equivalent of a PhD, was forced to move back to Turkey in December, it emerged on Tuesday, according to news agency Ansa.

The unnamed man, who started the course in November last year, allegedly posted anti-Western messages on a blog and on websites monitored by Italian police.

Ansa reported that police from the Pisa unit of Digos, Italy's anti-terror squad, carried out a search of the man's home where they found evidence supporting their suspicions. The deportation order was immediately carried out and the student was arrested and taken to an immigration detention centre (CIE), before being repatriated.

The school then sent a formal notification to the student, saying he could no longer study at the institution.

The repatriation occurred just one month before the terror attacks in Paris in which 17 people lost their lives.
Italy deports Turkish student for Islamist posts - The Local

Finally, some common sense shown by a European state in the face of the problem of Radical Islam. Hopefully man more deportations are to come across Europe.

A Turkish student studying at the prestigious Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa has been deported for allegedly posting extreme Islamist views on the internet.

The student, who had enrolled in a physics course at the Tuscan university for the equivalent of a PhD, was forced to move back to Turkey in December, it emerged on Tuesday, according to news agency Ansa.

The unnamed man, who started the course in November last year, allegedly posted anti-Western messages on a blog and on websites monitored by Italian police.

Ansa reported that police from the Pisa unit of Digos, Italy's anti-terror squad, carried out a search of the man's home where they found evidence supporting their suspicions. The deportation order was immediately carried out and the student was arrested and taken to an immigration detention centre (CIE), before being repatriated.

The school then sent a formal notification to the student, saying he could no longer study at the institution.

The repatriation occurred just one month before the terror attacks in Paris in which 17 people lost their lives.

Yup. Common sense all countries should embrace.

Why our country still lets those from the ME in is beyond me. Ban them all and start kicking some back to whatever shithole they came out of.

the title is pretty misleading. He wasn't deported for what he posted he was deported for what they found in his place of residence when they searched it. What he posted online was just a tip-off to police to monitor him. Nothing really to see here.

Why our country still lets those from the ME in is beyond me. Ban them all and start kicking some back to whatever shithole they came out of.

Asians have some of the highest mean incomes in the entire country.

Middle easterners aren't asians. So to bring this non ooi t up in the context of this thread is pretty autistic

the title is pretty misleading. He wasn't deported for what he posted he was deported for what they found in his place of residence when they searched it. What he posted online was just a tip-off to police to monitor him. Nothing really to see here.
Italy deports Turk over threat to US embassy - Daily Sabah

not true. He was deported from threatening posts and sympathy for terrorism. This sets preceded throughout Europe to do the same which is a step in the right direction

Middle easterners aren't asians. So to bring this non ooi t up in the context of this thread is pretty autistic

It depends on what region we are talking about. Statistically speaking we consider Arabs Caucasians and many other Middle East and Central Asian groups like say Pakistanis are categorized as Asian for our measurement purposes. Being familiar with our own internal classification systems isn't autistic.

It depends on what region we are talking about. Statistically speaking we consider Arabs Caucasians and many other Middle East and Central Asian groups like say Pakistanis are categorized as Asian for our measurement purposes. Being familiar with our own internal classification systems isn't autistic.
The only place where that is done is Canada. No where else. Not Europe UK US or Australia. So to equivocate Chinese Canadians for example to Muslim Arabs as belonging to the same group or occupying the same income bracket on average is disingenuous and autistic.

The only place where that is done is Canada. No where else. Not Europe UK US or Australia. So to equivocate Chinese Canadians for example to Muslim Arabs as belonging to the same group or occupying the same income bracket on average is disingenuous and autistic.

And, as I described above, in the United States.

No you are simply wrong. Arabs are not considered Asian. By the US Census they are considered White. But many are lobbying for Arab as a racial category

No you are simply wrong. Arabs are not considered Asian. By the US Census they are considered White. But many are lobbying for Arab as a racial category

If you actually read my post I said that Arabs are considered Caucasians under US classification systems and that other Middle Eastern / Central Asian populations like Pakistanis are often classified as Asian for statistical purposes. Feel free to take a glance back at previous posts to confirm.

If you actually read my post I said that Arabs are considered Caucasians under US classification systems and that other Middle Eastern / Central Asian populations like Pakistanis are often classified as Asian for statistical purposes. Feel free to take a glance back at previous posts to confirm.
Pakistanis aren't middle eastern. They are south asians. And this man isnt pakistani. He is a turk. So your post makes no sense.

Which is as it should be.
Deport them all. Unless they agree to place their religion under the country's laws and not the other way around.

Deport them all. Unless they agree to place their religion under the country's laws and not the other way around.

You'd have to deport a lot of Christians too then if that were your only criteria.

He is another successful Turkish student and loved one by people around him. He said that since the first day he came to Italy, someones continuously follow him secretly (for 1 month) and this situation got him bored after a while. Then he writes on his Facebook or Twitter account that "What do you expect me to do ? Blow myself up infront of the USA embassy?, do you think that I have no other business than think of you all day long ?"

You'd have to deport a lot of Christians too then if that were your only criteria.
I'm ok with that.

Forum List

Back