It wasn't easy for me to be a scared white boyIn a black neighborhood

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Most of us have probably heard it certainly those who grew up in the 90s and 2000s know of the band Everclear and the song father of mine. But there’s been some discussions in a number of online forms where people say what if the song was released today and how would folks react to the following lyrics

“It wasn't easy for me to be a scared white boy In a black neighborhood”

that was written from the heart by the band members of Everclear but I think perhaps there’s something more to the picture here. It just goes to show us that yes for lotta young white kids growing up in broken homes, young white kids grow up poor, young white kids growing up in rough neighborhoods you know their struggles just As real just as true as that of the young black growin-up in a tough neighborhood.

this is how you stand up to the man. Do you wanna know how to stand up to the man in 2022 it’s by standing up to the far left. That’s the new establishment you know how we had the neocons back in the day… now its neo liberals we need to stand up to they are the new establishment trying to hold us down.

So yes the lesson here I think it’s quite clear. You do have fathers of white children who don’t give a damn about their kids who give them a five dollar bill on their birthday just like this song talks about. That is real that is as real as it gets that is why it’s so important that young black man young white man we stay in this thing together. And as we go into the 2020s let’s bring back dignity let’s bring back having fun let’s stand up to the far left. When it comes to music when it comes to comedy free-speech will always prevail that’s how you get the best music that’s how you get the best comedy.

Most of us have probably heard it certainly those who grew up in the 90s and 2000s know of the band Everclear and the song father of mine. But there’s been some discussions in a number of online forms where people say what if the song was released today and how would folks react to the following lyrics

that was written from the heart by the band members of Everclear but I think perhaps there’s something more to the picture here. It just goes to show us that yes for lotta young white kids growing up in broken homes, young white kids grow up poor, young white kids growing up in rough neighborhoods you know their struggles just As real just as true as that of the young black growin-up in a tough neighborhood.

this is how you stand up to the man. Do you wanna know how to stand up to the man in 2022 it’s by standing up to the far left. That’s the new establishment you know how we had the neocons back in the day… now its neo liberals we need to stand up to they are the new establishment trying to hold us down.

So yes the lesson here I think it’s quite clear. You do have fathers of white children who don’t give a damn about their kids who give them a five dollar bill on their birthday just like this song talks about. That is real that is as real as it gets that is why it’s so important that young black man young white man we stay in this thing together. And as we go into the 2020s let’s bring back dignity let’s bring back having fun let’s stand up to the far left. When it comes to music when it comes to comedy free-speech will always prevail that’s how you get the best music that’s how you get the best comedy.

Your avatar sucks. FDR was a shitty President.

I was lucky enough to see Everclear a few years ago in Phoenix. They were the post race band at the Rock n Roll marathon, they still sounded great!

Forum List

Back