It was simply a phenomenal play by Butler

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
All of the crap being flung at Carroll, Wilson, the OC, the receiver... blah blah blah only serves to overlook the fact that Butler made one of the greatest (if not the greatest) defensive play in the history of the Super Bowl.

As long as we're all playing Monday morning quarterback, I'll go ahead and tell you that Lynch would have lost yards if they ran him on that play. On the season he was 1 for 6 on goal line runs from the 1 yd line. And the Patriots loaded the line (two extra defensive lineman) to stop him.

So how about instead of looking for someone to "Lynch" (pun intended), you just tip your cap to one of the greatest plays you're ever going to see. :thup:

• Banned
Malcolm-Butler-intercepts-Russell-Wilson-markup.gif

:cuckoo:
All of the crap being flung at Carroll, Wilson, the OC, the receiver... blah blah blah only serves to overlook the fact that Butler made one of the greatest (if not the greatest) defensive play in the history of the Super Bowl.

As long as we're all playing Monday morning quarterback, I'll go ahead and tell you that Lynch would have lost yards if they ran him on that play. On the season he was 1 for 6 on goal line runs from the 1 yd line. And the Patriots loaded the line (two extra defensive lineman) to stop him.

So how about instead of looking for someone to "Lynch" (pun intended), you just tip your cap to one of the greatest plays you're ever going to see. :thup:
the blah blah blah is by you NFL apologists in denial that carrol threw the game.He was accused of doing that at USC by his players,raiders players accused bill callahan of throwing the raiders/bucs game in the superbowl,yet you all think carrol is any different than Callahan,amazing,truly amazing.:cuckoo:

Go on and live in denial that carrol threw this game and keep letting the NFL play you for the chumps you all are,they love you for that.:clap2:

they have played me for a chump for the last time.I lost interest in the NFL when the Rams moved out of LA,the seahawks made it fun for me again when carrol and Wilson came along.I did not listen to the people that told me he would throw the superbowl if it was a close game this year.I should have listened to them.they knew better.

only an inexperienced idiot would have called for a risky play like that.Not carrol,He is far too knowledgeable and experienced and knows better.get serious.accept it that you have all been played for suckers by the NFL.I have accepted it.

• Banned
the blah blah blah is by you NFL apologists in denial that carrol threw the game.He was accused of doing that at USC by his players,raiders players accused bill callahan of throwing the raiders/bucs game in the superbowl,yet you all think carrol is any different than Callahan,amazing,truly amazing.:cuckoo:

Go on and live in denial that carrol threw this game and keep letting the NFL play you for the chumps you all are,they love you for that.:clap2:

they have played me for a chump for the last time.I lost interest in the NFL when the Rams moved out of LA,the seahawks made it fun for me again when carrol came along.I did not listen to the people that told me he would throw the superbowl if it was a close game this year.I should have listened to them.they knew better.

:lmao:

pathetic twat says what?

they have played me for a chump for the last time.I lost interest in the NFL when the Rams moved out of LA,the seahawks made it fun for me again when carrol came along.I did not listen to the people that told me he would throw the superbowl if it was a close game this year.I should have listened to them.they knew better.

:lmao:

pathetic twat says what?

AGAIN keep letting the NFL play you for the chump you are,they love you for that.:clap2:

they have played me for a chump for the last time.I lost interest in the NFL when the Rams moved out of LA,the seahawks made it fun for me again when carrol and Wilson came along.I did not listen to the people that told me he would throw the superbowl if it was a close game this year.I should have listened to them.they knew better.

only an inexperienced idiot would have called for a risky play like that.Not carrol,He is far too knowledgeable and experienced and knows better.get serious.accept it that you have all been played for suckers by the NFL.I have accepted it.
Actually, I thought that about the Greenbay/Seattle NFC Championship.

Greenbay was in the drivers seat and then a series of amazing and not to be believed events occurred to allow Seattle to win.

Be that as it may....I don't think he threw the game in the SB. It wasn't really that bad a call....just a great defensive play.

If I was in charge of the team, however; I would have pounded Lynch at them for four straight runs...it isn't likely that NE was going to stop him that many times.

Greenbay was in the drivers seat and then a series of amazing and not to be believed events occurred to allow Seattle to win.

Be that as it may....I don't think he threw the game in the SB. It wasn't really that bad a call....just a great defensive play.

If I was in charge of the team, however; I would have pounded Lynch at them for four straight runs...it isn't likely that NE was going to stop him that many times.

There wasn't enough time left to run it on every down. At least one play had to be a pass.

There wasn't enough time left to run it on every down. At least one play had to be a pass.
And what better time to run the pass play than on the down NE expected it the least.

I changed my thoughts on this one after I had time to analyze the situation. Maybe carrol overthought it little considering he has probably the strongest running back in the NFL. But you still may have had to run a pass play so I guess you take a gamble and run it on 1st down against their run stack.

Literally this is one of those situations where you're either the hero or a total idiot. If he pounded lynch 4 times and didn't get in he'd be just as much of an idiot in the eyes of the fans.

I changed my thoughts on this one after I had time to analyze the situation. Maybe carrol overthought it little considering he has probably the strongest running back in the NFL. But you still may have had to run a pass play so I guess you take a gamble and run it on 1st down against their run stack.

Literally this is one of those situations where you're either the hero or a total idiot. If he pounded lynch 4 times and didn't get in he'd be just as much of an idiot in the eyes of the fans.

It was actually 2nd down, but otherwise I agree completely.

Go look at the gif in post #2 again. If they ran Lynch on that down he's losing yardage.

Go look at the gif in post #2 again. If they ran Lynch on that down he's losing yardage.
Idk if you can really definitively guarantee that though. Even with lynch's goalline stats this season. Intangibles come into play when it's literally THE PLAY that wins the super bowl...not the least of which would be significantly increased adrenaline levels that could very well carry a few tacklers right over that goal line. Lunch was dragging tacklers down field all night as it was, and is something he does pretty regularly.

And what better time to run the pass play than on the down NE expected it the least.

I disagree with that.

While I totally agree that there will be some people who decry the call, no matter what it is, if it doesn't work, I don't think I'd be complaining about the play calling if they ran Lynch 4 times and didn't get it. Maybe if they did the same run 4 times. :lol:

The Seattle Shitbirds lost and the better team won. The Shitbirds didn't deserve to be there anyway......
don't see how they were the better team since they had to have a coach who was paid off to throw the game for them to win it.You sure hate the seahawks for some reason yet for some warped reason,you like the pats when you SHOULD hate both teams cause both coachs are cheaters,only one cheats to lose where the other cheats to win.

Idk if you can really definitively guarantee that though. Even with lynch's goalline stats this season. Intangibles come into play when it's literally THE PLAY that wins the super bowl...not the least of which would be significantly increased adrenaline levels that could very well carry a few tacklers right over that goal line. Lunch was dragging tacklers down field all night as it was, and is something he does pretty regularly.
which is why only an idiot would say they would have stopped him,they were out of gas in the fourth quarter ,he was bulldozing over everyone and the pats were horrible all year long in those situations.carro threw the game just like Callahan threw the raiders game in the superbowl.

which is why only an idiot would say they would have stopped him,they were out of gas in the fourth quarter ,he was bulldozing over everyone and the pats were horrible all year long in those situations.carro threw the game just like Callahan threw the raiders game in the superbowl.

Did Carroll tell Wilson to throw a pick? Was Butler part of the conspiracy? What if Lockette had made the catch?

The Seattle Shitbirds lost and the better team won. The Shitbirds didn't deserve to be there anyway......
don't see how they were the better team since they had to have a coach who was paid off to throw the game for them to win it.You sure hate the seahawks for some reason yet for some warped reason,you like the pats when you SHOULD hate both teams cause both coachs are cheaters,only one cheats to lose where the other cheats to win.

I don't hate the shitbirds, I just like saying the word "shitbirds".....Seattle Shitbirds!!!

Lockette was the wrong player chosen to receive the pass. Both Kearse and Baldwin would have at least fought for the ball. Even a better choice would have been the new guy they put in that caught a few passes earlier on in the game. He is taller and stronger and showed that he was ready to go after balls on that day. When pressed hard Lockette rarely catches the ball. He gets pushed around too easily. What REALLY sucks is that our best two TE's were not available to play for this game. Zach Miller and Luke Wilson are both better receivers on short crosses like that throw made by Wilson. BTW the ball was slightly thrown too far ahead of Lockette. Russell is supposed to know his receivers and he already knew Lockette wouldn't fight for any ball that could be had by the defense. To any other Seahawk receiver the ball was properly thrown as they would have not been knocked down like a sack of potatoes like Lockette was by that tiny DB.

Butler made a great play on the Seahawk's #5 receiver. He outmuscled Lockette for the ball which at the very least should have been batted down. But what got batted down was Lockette. There is really a good claim of pass interference as Butler put his shoulder into Lockette before the ball got there. But the play was bang-bang and Lockette pussed out and the results was a NE interception.

Lockette was the wrong player chosen to receive the pass. Both Kearse and Baldwin would have at least fought for the ball. Even a better choice would have been the new guy they put in that caught a few passes earlier on in the game. He is taller and stronger and showed that he was ready to go after balls on that day. When pressed hard Lockette rarely catches the ball. He gets pushed around too easily. What REALLY sucks is that our best two TE's were not available to play for this game. Zach Miller and Luke Wilson are both better receivers on short crosses like that throw made by Wilson. BTW the ball was slightly thrown too far ahead of Lockette. Russell is supposed to know his receivers and he already knew Lockette wouldn't fight for any ball that could be had by the defense. To any other Seahawk receiver the ball was properly thrown as they would have not been knocked down like a sack of potatoes like Lockette was by that tiny DB.

Butler made a great play on the Seahawk's #5 receiver. He outmuscled Lockette for the ball which at the very least should have been batted down. But what got batted down was Lockette. There is really a good claim of pass interference as Butler put his shoulder into Lockette before the ball got there. But the play was bang-bang and Lockette pussed out and the results was a NE interception.

You might be right about Lockette, but there is no claim whatsoever of pass interference. Butler was 100% making a play on the ball, not the receiver. Contact in that situation is by rule incidental.

Forum List

Back