It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON -- It's hard to believe freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) caused such a stir in the Senate with his letter to Iran even before his maiden floor speech. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who led an unsuccessful fight against Obamacare, couldn't even do that.

But Cotton -- now famous for orchestrating the controversial letter to Iran with the signatures of 46 of his GOP colleagues -- finally got the chance to do just that on Monday evening. Cotton began, as one does, with Adolf Hitler.

"The world is growing ever more dangerous, and our defense spending is wholly inadequate to confront the danger," Cotton said. "To be exact, during the last four or five years, the world has grown gravely darker. We have steadily disarmed, partly with a sincere desire to give a lead to other countries and partly due to the severe financial pressure of the time. But a change must now be made. We must not continue longer on a course in which we alone are growing weaker while every other nation is growing stronger."

He continued: "I wish I could take credit for those eloquent but ominous words, but I cannot. Winston Churchill sounded that warning in 1933 as Adolf Hitler had taken power in Germany. Tragically, Great Britain and the West didn't heed this warning, when they might have strangled that monster in his crib. Rather they let the locust continue to eat away at the common defense."

More: It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Cotton is a scary dude - and not in a good way.

Hmmmm, he was using it in a historical context, accurately I might add. And you're worried about his speech......

WASHINGTON -- It's hard to believe freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) caused such a stir in the Senate with his letter to Iran even before his maiden floor speech. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who led an unsuccessful fight against Obamacare, couldn't even do that.

But Cotton -- now famous for orchestrating the controversial letter to Iran with the signatures of 46 of his GOP colleagues -- finally got the chance to do just that on Monday evening. Cotton began, as one does, with Adolf Hitler.

"The world is growing ever more dangerous, and our defense spending is wholly inadequate to confront the danger," Cotton said. "To be exact, during the last four or five years, the world has grown gravely darker. We have steadily disarmed, partly with a sincere desire to give a lead to other countries and partly due to the severe financial pressure of the time. But a change must now be made. We must not continue longer on a course in which we alone are growing weaker while every other nation is growing stronger."

He continued: "I wish I could take credit for those eloquent but ominous words, but I cannot. Winston Churchill sounded that warning in 1933 as Adolf Hitler had taken power in Germany. Tragically, Great Britain and the West didn't heed this warning, when they might have strangled that monster in his crib. Rather they let the locust continue to eat away at the common defense."

More: It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Actually, he invoked Churchill you dummy. The stupid runs deep in this one.

Geeze Louise.

Obama has often been compared to Chamberlain.

Selling out our national security only to get some sort of concessions from aggressive nations is a form of insanity, especially since it had been tried and failed so often in the past.

Actually, he's accusing Obama of appeasing our enemies when in fact the gop hawks are fighting their own members to fully fund Obama's requests for defense spending. But don't let facts get in your way.

Cotton has been on the job for only a couple of months and has already shown himself to be willfully ignorant, willfully dishonest and not interested in changing that.

He's a loose cannon.

Last edited:
It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

What a hoot.

Democrats and other leftist fanatics have been calling Republicans "Nazis" for decades. They compare them to Hitler at the drop of a hat.

And now when ONE Republican uses their own tactic on them, suddenly they are outraged. They can't believe that somebody would do such a thing.... or so they tell us now.

Can these people sink any lower?

Might check out Churchill and the Rule of Ten, and discover why Chamberlain was seemed so helpless at Munich.

Actually, he's accusing Obama of appeasing our enemies when in fact the gop hawks are fighting their own members to fully fund Obama's requests for defense spending. But don't let facts get in your way.

Cotton has been on the job for only a couple of months and has already shown himself to be willfully ignorant, willfully dishonest and not interested in changing that.

He's a loose cannon.
He's beginning to remind me of Duke Cunningham.

Cotton was actually quoting Churchill in a speech Churchill gave trying to raise a warning about Hitler's intentions. It's easy to get confused because the circumstances are so similar.

Cotton was actually quoting Churchill in a speech Churchill gave trying to raise a warning about Hitler's intentions. It's easy to get confused because the circumstances are so similar.

So, you think his "quoting Churchill" excuses the fact that he invoked Hitler in his first Senate floor speech? Funny...

This is what happens when people focus on one thing only, Hitler rather than the complete structure and context of what Churchill was saying.
Cotton is totally correct, that history is repeating itself again.

Yet they want the Supreme Court to rule on the whole meaning and context of the Health Care Act rather than just 4 words.

Especially if you are deliberately acting "confused" to promote your lies as the usual Democrats are doing here, and carefully trying to spread that confusion as far as possible.

He has also made it very clear that he has very little affection or loyalty to his own country.

New Topics

Forum List

Back